wet n wild Photo Focus Foundation

Filtered by age: 44-55
wet n wild Photo Focus Foundation

3.5

Hello MUA,
I'm impressed with this foundation. Being a Cosmetologist and a Nurse, among the many other roles us as women juggle in our everyday lives..this liquid foundation is not only affordable, but does the job as say Double Wear. You can build up the coverage or down. Use a lightly moist makeup blender, to make it a lighter coverage, want even more of a BB or CC feel to it, mix it with your moisturizer on the back of your clean hand.. even though it is a medium coverage foundation, their are many things you can do with this foundation to fit your needs and still love this great product! This foundation has no weird smell, goes on well and stays put without a powder. Powder, save until you actually need it to reduce shine or need a touch up! Set it with a setting spray instead. The results are amazing! Being 47 years old now, soon 48 in September..Yes, I recommend this for people of any age. I truly believe that you should always have 2 bottles of whatever foundation you are using, many makeup artists to the Stars believe that too! One that matches your skin tone and the other, a shade a little darker for Summer. Mixology 101, very simple. Also, if warm or cool tones are keeping you guessing, or are a little too much in the any product... you can't go wrong with just a Neutral tone! By the time you contour, use a highlighter or bronzer, no one will know and it's better to control how much pink or yellow tone's yourself, than say use overkill that's in the actual bottle! I've read the reviews, most of them. So, please let me address some of the problems some of you are having. I'm here to help, not to judge. If you feel like the foundation is, "sliding off your face".. it's what you might be doing before you put the foundation on that's the problem. Too much primer, moisturizer with spf, or just overload with sunscreen. ALL of these things are important, obviously. However, when you have a stay put foundation and your putting on a primer, I feel it's doing the opposite. Don't use the primer. Primer is over rated. Especially in the hot months, where you sweat and melt every which way and the humidity and dewpoint, ugh. Hot melting mess of drip and slide or slip and slide. It's ok on skipping a few preps here b4 foundation time! Honestly, skip the morning moisturizer. Yup! Your skin has enough oils going on in the Summer! Just use sunscreen! Please use sunscreen, even if a product says it has it in there. Let it absorb into the skin b4 you apply foundation. That should solve the problem!
Back to the review. It feels lightweight on your face, it doesn't cake, crep into fine lines or wrinkles. It blurs them well. We all know the claims for selling makeup, some are far fetched and to me and seems almost a scam and fraud!
Not this foundation! True to what it claims! Surprise! L. The bottle, it's cute with the "magic wand" as I call it. However, I tend to warm up the foundation on the back of my clean hand, then apply. Drugstore foundations have improved SO much over the years! MANY are BETTER than the "High End", in so many ways! Trying is believing!
I have combo skin, and the proper skincare, aides in the way your makeup results look. If you have acne prone skin, address the problem before you put anything on your skin. Switching constantly to different skincare or foundation for example, can cause havic on acne prone skin. Oil base foundations, harshly cleansing your skin, ect can be the agravater here. Speak to a good dermatologist and get different opinions on what's causing your breakouts. It might not be the foundation that is making you break out. I've been there, when I was younger. I am speaking from a place of empathy and compassion, & truth. Skincare, doesn't have to cost you a fortune either! KNOW your skin, know what your putting on your face, ingredient wise. Foundations, all basically have a few of the same ingredients! Any questions or concerns, you can contact me and I'll be more than happy to help you!
We want to be frugal and yet have the best! Nothing wrong with that! I might not have gotten into the science of this product, but other reviewers have. Please, check out those reviews as well!
I give my opinion, I try to help other reviewers without judgement and do my best to empower you & others! We're all human beings and and we are all in this "Beauty Brigade" together. Who doesn't want to look and feel beautiful, at any age?! Hope this helps! Xo 😇 ❤️😁

on 10/14/2017 2:16:00 PM

I really wanted to love this affordable foundation since it had favorable reviews from here and YT. This unfortunately is a big fat NO for me :( It accentuates every pore in my skin (and I don't really have large pores, either!!) I literally tried *every* type of application of brushes, fingers, BB with different combos of primers, oils, moisturizers, w/o moisturizers or primer, etc. and nope -- it was totally a scrubber with every method. I mean I couldn't even leave the house with it on my face, it was that noticeable!! I even tried my Laura Geller BNB foundation over it to cover up the pores, but it just make me look like a caked up horror show!!! lol!! *Even Fix+ couldn't fix that!!! I am 53, so I'm guessing it isn't for my age group. I'll stick to Lancôme Teint Idole Ultra 24H Long Wear Foundation which is the best (ATM) for me.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I’ve now been using my beloved Dior Forever for a few years and had no intention of straying. I assumed the hype over this foundation would die down as time went on but after continuing to see raves I decided to give it a shot. Mainly out of curiosity.
I really love this stuff. I wear shade 23 in the Dior and purchased this in buff bisque.
I often mix my foundation with a moisturizer or silicone-based serum - the latter works beautifully with this (haven’t tried regular moisturizer with it yet), provides decent coverage and an incredibly smooth finish that lasts all day.
I’ve actually been reaching for it exclusively since I purchased, and my Foreverskin has taken a backseat. Never thought I’d see the day I’d be wearing a Wet n’ Wild foundation, due to past experiences with them, but this one is a true winner!

on 8/7/2017 5:33:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

This has been a surprisingly great foundation. As many have noted before, this sells for about $5.99 everywhere (CVS, Walmart, etc…) It comes in 20 shades. I have never picked up a foundation from WnW and since it was marketed as a foundation for “selfies” I figured it was targeted to younger generation who do not have my mature, dry, sensitive skin with wrinkle issues. So, I passed. Then I saw a Youtuber who reviews products for mature skin, and she really liked it. So, given the low price point, I purchased the foundation. I first purchased one a bit too light. I gave that one to my sister, who is a bit lighter then I am and purchased Dessert Beige which is a perfect match for me (I am an NC 45 for reference.) My regular routine is to apply moisturizing essence, then an oil, eye cream, light moisturizer, Jelly Pack primer, then sun block prior to my foundation. (Yep, I know it’s a lot but I am doing that 10 step K-beauty thing and really like it.) The bottom line is I do a lot of hydrating my skin prior to applying foundation which I mention for the gals with dry skin. This foundation is square and it has this paddle thing attached to the top. I really don’t get that; why not just give us a pump? Anyway, I smear the fluid from the paddle to my fingers, rub my fingers together and then smooth it on to my face. It really disappears into my skin. Up close in my magnifying mirror, I can still see my skin under the foundation with some age spots. But when you step back and look in the mirror my skin looks flawless. My pores are gone and everything looks even but not too “done”. I do use concealer (the UD Naked Skin concealer works really well with this and so does the Maybelline Instant Age Rewind, try to stick with a moisturizing concealer as anything to heavy will not work well with this foundation.) I finish with setting powder and it looks amazing. No shiny breakthrough but does not look flat. It lasts all day for me and I have had no issues with skin sensitivity or break-outs. I like this better than the Tart Rainforest one which was my fav until this one came along. The “paint-like” smell is noticeable when you open the bottle and first apply, but does go away quickly. I really like how this product performs on my skin and how easy it is to find it. The bottle name has a description on it (Dessert Beige- Medium Dark Warm), that will help with color selection. I really like this foundation and would recommend it. My sister loves hers as well. I will repurchase this.

Okay, so I wanted to start by saying I purchased this foundation solely based on the fact that every YouTube beauty guru was raving about it (at least most of the channels I watch were). I was intrigued, a little hopeful, but extremely doubtful at the same time...not because I don't like finding a great drug store option for make-up, but because I don't typically have the best experience with drug store foundations. Unfortunately, I was correct in my expectations. I bought three shades to ensure that I could find one or mix a few to find the right shade to give it a fair shot because no single shade was the perfect match when doing swatches on site. Here were my findings:
****Side Note On Application: I did use primer prior to application and I also tried it without primer, I tried three different application tools: BB, Real Tech brush, and last, but certainly not least, my Artis brush.***

PROS:
-- Packaging is decent, heavy glass bottle, still not sold on the paddle theory for foundation-I prefer a pump or tube.
-- Price is great!
-- Coverage was pretty good and was build-able from what I could tell in the short time I tried it. Application was overall pretty easy.
-- While not necessarily a pro, I did want to mention that the smell really didn't bother me, even though this has been mentioned as a bothersome point of contention for some. I'm a heavy skin care acid user, so if I can take P50 Original, I can take a lot of heavy scents..lol!

CONS:
-- Made my pores look like craters (and I DO NOT have large pores).
-- I could not get a handle on the finish...it's not super matte, dewy, or natural....when I set it with powder it really seemed to cake up, but when I didn't set it it turned into an oil pit within hours.
-- OXIDIZES LIKE CRAZY...clearly my biggest con and I think it just depends on your skin type. For me, I find that most drug store foundations tend to oxidize on me. I don't know why, but they just do. I wish they didn't, but I'm one of the unlucky people that experiences this almost every time I try one.

I'm happy that this is a great drug store option for so many people, it just didn't work out for me...:-(

on 3/19/2017 5:23:00 PM

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

Love it! (The smell of 🏠 paint is real... But disappeared) It's light weight and pigmented, covers beautifully with a sponge or my fingers. Less is more and I always shade mix and it's cheap enough to buy a few and be happy 😃 and I really love it!

on 3/27/2018 8:49:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

Surprised at the terrible reviews here. I'm a 50 year old lady with super sensitive skin, mild rosacea, huge pores on my nose, pale olive w/yellow undertone. Got this as store was out of the e.l.f. beautifully bare foundation serum that I usually use. It smells exactly like the old school revlon colorstay (like latex paint lol) but the smell dissipates quickly. And it is nowhere near as drying as the colorstay that emphasizes every tiny wrinkle - ugh! I apply extra moisturizer first, followed by primer. I apply a TINY amount with a stippling brush in small sections and use a beauty blender on each section IMMEDIATELY as it dries instantly. It lasts all day at work and the nose area needs touched up only if I keep it on for the evening until bedtime. Great color match for me (neutral buff bisque) which I'm especially happy about because I have enormous difficulty finding foundations for my skin tone.
EDIT - after using this regularly for 3 or 4 weeks I developed a lovely combination of dry flaky skin AND painful cystic acne. This product will never go anywhere near my face again

on 1/21/2019 11:00:00 AM

I am 53 yrs old with combo skin. I have not worn makeup in 5 years but have a big ski Vaca coming up so decided to get some makeup and get used to wearing it again... I also missed the "girly" feeling of getting dolled up. I started asking around about foundations and a couple of people raved about this...then I read the reviews here and it said just like Revlon Color Stay, but better! Now that really excited me because before I quit wearing makeup Color Stay was my go to, I used it for years and loved it. I got this in Cream Ivory and the color was a good match. It definitely is matte, so much so you don't have to use powder, but, I don't know if it is because I am older now, use to have oily skin but now I consider it normal, but this got cakey around and under my nose, but it looked pretty good on my cheeks, but didn't hide some big pores I have. Oh, also got very cakey under my eyes which I can't have now that I have some wrinkles under my eyes. I think this would be an awesome foundation for someone with VERY oily skin. Too bad, because I had high hopes☹️. Today I bought some Maybelline Fit Matte, No Pores. I will rate that in a few days. If that does not work for me I guess I am going to have to try some foundation for aging skin... maybe Cover Girls that has the Oil Of Olay.

on 7/22/2018 10:24:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

If this came in the exact same glass bottle with a pump, I'd be over the moon. Still, for this price I can live with the strange little plastic applicator paddle they include inside the lid - I only use it to quickly dot some foundation on and then use either my fingers or a Beauty Blender to smooth it out. The faint smell of the product (sort of reminds me of Elmer's glue or the tempera paints they used to give you in elementary school to do art projects) does disappear quickly once applied and it hasn't caused me any issues even though I have fairly sensitive skin.

The Photo Focus Foundation to me is more of a full coverage formulation. I think others find this to be medium coverage, but as I apply my foundation first and then see where I might need a little concealer, I think it does a relatively decent job on its own evening out my skin tone and reducing some areas where there is redness and a few small spots of melasma on the tops of my cheekbones. I feel I need less concealer with the Wet n' Wild than when I use my HG CoverGirl + Olay Simply Ageless 3-in-1 Liquid Foundation. Actually, now that my HG CoverGirl is running about $18 a bottle at the drugstore, it will be getting bumped for the $6 bottle of Wet n' Wild as the addition of the pump on the CoverGirl is really just not worth the additional money. And Wet n' Wild has the added bonus of being cruelty free.

on 3/24/2017 2:19:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Just got this at CVS where they seemed to have over 10 shades in stock. I got soft beige, which is a perfect match to my skin, at first. One point off because it takes a while to dry down, and it darkened as it did. So maybe get one shade lighter than you need?
Lovely medium finish, similar to my favorite Colorstay, only with more sheen. A great deal for the price and I love the bottle and applicator.

ETA: it doesn't play nicely with all concealers. Make sure to apply concealer first, or strange things may happen to the texture.