Wet 'n' Wild Photo Focus Foundation

Filtered by age: 44-55
Wet 'n' Wild Photo Focus Foundation
Photo Focus FoundationPhoto Focus FoundationPhoto Focus FoundationPhoto Focus Foundation

3.1

on 10/14/2017 2:16:00 PM

I really wanted to love this affordable foundation since it had favorable reviews from here and YT. This unfortunately is a big fat NO for me :( It accentuates every pore in my skin (and I don't really have large pores, either!!) I literally tried *every* type of application of brushes, fingers, BB with different combos of primers, oils, moisturizers, w/o moisturizers or primer, etc. and nope -- it was totally a scrubber with every method. I mean I couldn't even leave the house with it on my face, it was that noticeable!! I even tried my Laura Geller BNB foundation over it to cover up the pores, but it just make me look like a caked up horror show!!! lol!! *Even Fix+ couldn't fix that!!! I am 53, so I'm guessing it isn't for my age group. I'll stick to Lancôme Teint Idole Ultra 24H Long Wear Foundation which is the best (ATM) for me.

on 9/15/2017 5:28:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse

UPDATE 10/: I really really like this. It is similar to UD Naked Skin (but without zany skin care ingredients). If you need something quick from the drugstore, this is a great buy! It's the price of getting a coffee...not much to complain about for that! When I first tried this it didn't impress me, and I suspected it was a shade issue. Sure enough, when I found Bronze Beige it made a complete difference. Unfortunately, on my skin this "oxidizes" the opposite way...it doesn't get darker, it gets lighter (is that oxidation?) By the end of the day I looked ridiculously pale. Part of it was that this seemed to disappear, and all that was left was my paste-like Anthelios SPF 50 primer. (A side note - if you want an SPF that stays put, Anthelios SPF 50 Primer is your dream come true.)

ORIGINAL 8/17: I like it...for a very, VERY, basic foundation. It has good coverage, and a nice finish. It reminds me of the discontinued Estee Lauder Lucidity, only it's more matte. It also reminds me of the discontinued Clinique Stay True, only it's less matte. It's also very similar to a foundation made by Arbonne, and Maybelline Fit Me foundation...and many BB creams. To me it smells like a "vintage" formula...or something like that...because the smell of it transports me somewhere in time. I guess, for me, there are so many foundations these days that have additional advantages, like "blurring", skin care ingredients, pore-minimizing, etc., this doesn't seem outstanding to me, although it sure is cheap. I think it looks like makeup, but I think that's not something anyone cares about anymore. Trying to remember what it is this smells like is going to drive me nuts. It smells SO familiar...it kind of smells like oil paints...If this came a pump it would be much easier to use.

on 8/7/2017 5:33:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

This has been a surprisingly great foundation. As many have noted before, this sells for about $5.99 everywhere (CVS, Walmart, etc…) It comes in 20 shades. I have never picked up a foundation from WnW and since it was marketed as a foundation for “selfies” I figured it was targeted to younger generation who do not have my mature, dry, sensitive skin with wrinkle issues. So, I passed. Then I saw a Youtuber who reviews products for mature skin, and she really liked it. So, given the low price point, I purchased the foundation. I first purchased one a bit too light. I gave that one to my sister, who is a bit lighter then I am and purchased Dessert Beige which is a perfect match for me (I am an NC 45 for reference.) My regular routine is to apply moisturizing essence, then an oil, eye cream, light moisturizer, Jelly Pack primer, then sun block prior to my foundation. (Yep, I know it’s a lot but I am doing that 10 step K-beauty thing and really like it.) The bottom line is I do a lot of hydrating my skin prior to applying foundation which I mention for the gals with dry skin. This foundation is square and it has this paddle thing attached to the top. I really don’t get that; why not just give us a pump? Anyway, I smear the fluid from the paddle to my fingers, rub my fingers together and then smooth it on to my face. It really disappears into my skin. Up close in my magnifying mirror, I can still see my skin under the foundation with some age spots. But when you step back and look in the mirror my skin looks flawless. My pores are gone and everything looks even but not too “done”. I do use concealer (the UD Naked Skin concealer works really well with this and so does the Maybelline Instant Age Rewind, try to stick with a moisturizing concealer as anything to heavy will not work well with this foundation.) I finish with setting powder and it looks amazing. No shiny breakthrough but does not look flat. It lasts all day for me and I have had no issues with skin sensitivity or break-outs. I like this better than the Tart Rainforest one which was my fav until this one came along. The “paint-like” smell is noticeable when you open the bottle and first apply, but does go away quickly. I really like how this product performs on my skin and how easy it is to find it. The bottle name has a description on it (Dessert Beige- Medium Dark Warm), that will help with color selection. I really like this foundation and would recommend it. My sister loves hers as well. I will repurchase this.

on 6/16/2017 5:52:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Other, Medium

I was hopeful this product would work for me -- but it didn't. Upon opening the bottle for application, I immediately recognized a "paint-like" smell. Foundation provided medium coverage and stayed put for about 8 hours before breaking down.
The big reason I only rated this product 1 out of five -- my face had red patches when I removed my makeup. I wore this foundation several times and the results were the same. My skin does not like this foundation.

Okay, so I wanted to start by saying I purchased this foundation solely based on the fact that every YouTube beauty guru was raving about it (at least most of the channels I watch were). I was intrigued, a little hopeful, but extremely doubtful at the same time...not because I don't like finding a great drug store option for make-up, but because I don't typically have the best experience with drug store foundations. Unfortunately, I was correct in my expectations. I bought three shades to ensure that I could find one or mix a few to find the right shade to give it a fair shot because no single shade was the perfect match when doing swatches on site. Here were my findings:
****Side Note On Application: I did use primer prior to application and I also tried it without primer, I tried three different application tools: BB, Real Tech brush, and last, but certainly not least, my Artis brush.***

PROS:
-- Packaging is decent, heavy glass bottle, still not sold on the paddle theory for foundation-I prefer a pump or tube.
-- Price is great!
-- Coverage was pretty good and was build-able from what I could tell in the short time I tried it. Application was overall pretty easy.
-- While not necessarily a pro, I did want to mention that the smell really didn't bother me, even though this has been mentioned as a bothersome point of contention for some. I'm a heavy skin care acid user, so if I can take P50 Original, I can take a lot of heavy scents..lol!

CONS:
-- Made my pores look like craters (and I DO NOT have large pores).
-- I could not get a handle on the finish...it's not super matte, dewy, or natural....when I set it with powder it really seemed to cake up, but when I didn't set it it turned into an oil pit within hours.
-- OXIDIZES LIKE CRAZY...clearly my biggest con and I think it just depends on your skin type. For me, I find that most drug store foundations tend to oxidize on me. I don't know why, but they just do. I wish they didn't, but I'm one of the unlucky people that experiences this almost every time I try one.

I'm happy that this is a great drug store option for so many people, it just didn't work out for me...:-(

on 4/18/2017 5:27:00 PM

I seen many Youtubers and makeup artists rave about it like it was the best thing since sliced bread so I decided to give it a go.
I can't recall the name of the color I had but it was the lightest shade which matched my porcelain pale cool skintone self perfectly.
I am not a fan of it however-mostly because I have dry skin and it feels like there is NO moisture in this foundation. It feels too "dry" going on. I think if you have oily skin you may like this.
Also, its very sheer. its buildable but its not suitable for anyone with even minor skin issues. I usually use BB cream and it was almost same coverage(ps my BB cream was from Korean makeup line which usually has more coverage than American brands)

on 3/24/2017 2:19:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Just got this at CVS where they seemed to have over 10 shades in stock. I got soft beige, which is a perfect match to my skin, at first. One point off because it takes a while to dry down, and it darkened as it did. So maybe get one shade lighter than you need?
Lovely medium finish, similar to my favorite Colorstay, only with more sheen. A great deal for the price and I love the bottle and applicator.

ETA: it doesn't play nicely with all concealers. Make sure to apply concealer first, or strange things may happen to the texture.

on 3/19/2017 5:23:00 PM

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

Love it! (The smell of 🏠 paint is real... But disappeared) It's light weight and pigmented, covers beautifully with a sponge or my fingers. Less is more and I always shade mix and it's cheap enough to buy a few and be happy 😃 and I really love it!

on 2/27/2017 1:53:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral

Good foundation, it works great!!!

This felt very drying and is very matte. It reminds me of Revlon Colorstay. It looks like I am wearing foundation- not skin like at all. The positive is that it lasts all day.