wet n wild Photo Focus Foundation

3.3

on 1/23/2019 2:57:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

First of all when they discontinued my Coverall Foundation I thought my world was coming to an end. I Decided to try something new and stick with the brand that I love WET N WILD in Photofocus Foundation. The do have a wide variety of shades so you shouldn't have a problem finding your color. Something I have never seen before is the applicator wand. It is simply just a plastic stick when I am used to tubes and pumps. hmf… I decided to dab tiny dots all over my face and blend in with my beauty blender and I got a full coverage foundation with no streaks and does not look oily in which I have oily facial sking. The Price point cannot be beat and it is an overall replacement to my Coverall Foundation . I now have a new Foundation I can recommend.....the Trick is to not be fooled by thebone of a kind Apllicatior !!! BOSSGLOSS APPROVED!

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

I was skeptical, but this has become one of my favorite foundations. I tend to prefer tinted moisturizers to traditional foundation, but sometimes I want a perfected, airbrushed finish. My holy grail foundation is Guerlain Lingerie de Peau, but Photo Focus is giving it serious competition! I apply with a BeautyBlender and mix in a bit of liquid highlighter if I want more glow, because it's a bit matte. For the price, I'm ecstatic about it.

Sigh... the pro: great buildable almost airbrushed coverage that seems to melt into your skin, looks great in photos, and that's about it. Cons: can you say cystic acne breakout? I wish this would have not broken me out! I loved the coverage. I have no doubt this foundation was the culprit. Another con, why doesn't this come in a pump or tube?? I hate clunky chunky jars and what's with the spatula?? Anyway, I wanted to love this, but the acne is a dealbreaker.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Red, Other, Fine

I bought this foundation because of all of the overwhelmingly positive reviews on YouTube.

It's very inexpensive, but still a waste of my money.

In general I would say that I have nice skin. I'm in my early forties, but have very few lines and in general am very proud of how nice my skin still looks. Until I put on this foundation. Suddenly, my skin looks terrible.

I've used fingers, brushes, beauty blender, primer, no primer.

The best thing I can say about this foundation is that I feel so good about my skin when I take it off.

This foundation is just ok for me. It does make my combo/oily skin matte and provides good coverage, though I found it settles into lines and around my nose a bit. It does smell like paint but the scent dissipates. The price is good for the quality. I like the glass bottle, though the spatula application can get a bit messy. I'd much prefer if it was a pump!

Overall, it's a fine foundation but there are other drug store options I like better.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I really like this foundation. I bought it because it was cheap and I wanted to give it a try. God knows I don't need anymore makeup let alone foundation. I don't mind the smell because it has no artificial fragrance in it. If it did, I would break out into a rash. The smell is the natural chemicals in the foundation, which I'm 100 percent fine with. The formula is GREAT! I was really surprised. It's far better than EL doublewear and Revlon's colorstay. It kept me matte all day and night. For reference I wore Paula's choice primer underneath it and Colorscience spf 50 body sunscreen underneath that. It does not transfer either. It's 28 degrees here, where I live. I'm wearing a turtleneck, a hat, scarf, etc and no makeup mess on my clothes. I also wore it to a museum where the heat was cranked up and I sweated like a mother f*cker and my makeup stayed in place like nothing I've ever seen with no transfer. It gives you medium coverage right off the bat. It would be really hard to get light coverage on this. The bottle can get messy, but I don't care because the makeup is only $4.00. The color I got is SHELL IVORY. It has a beige undertone which I don't like. It did oxidize a bit on me. I wanted something a tad lighter with yellow undertone. (I bought this online on Amazon). I also bought porcelain which was ghostly on me. I also bought ROSE IVORY which is the EXACT same shade as SHELL IVORY -wtf? I will need to buy a better shade because I love this makeup. It also blends really fast - unlike EL's doublewear which takes me forever to get right.

Excellent for oily skin. Lasts on the skin for over 14 hours - shine free! For reference I use Paula’s Choice zinc oxide tinted sunscreen and Hourglass mineral veil primer. I sometimes use powder to finish the look but not always as I find that most days I don’t need it. Best part? No transfer! No transfer on my sunglasses, turtleneck sweaters, etc!!! I love this. My color is shell ivory which looks pink in the bottle but applies neutral. I also wear sand in Bobbi Brown stick foundation- for reference. Warm ivory in double wear - which I don’t wear anymore because this $4.99 foundation replaced it!!

on 12/20/2018 6:05:00 AM

I was happily surprised by this foundation. More than once I've had people ask me what I'm wearing. One friend couldn't believe it wasn't high end. It was the end of the day and I'd worn it all day. When I told her she couldn't believe it was wet n wild because of how nice my skin looked. I wear it over NYX Hydratouch Oil Primer. I told her Wet n Wild has stepped up since when we were kids in the 80s and used to buy their cheap lipsticks for 99 cents. My drugstore Foundation that I was using before this was loreal true match which looks nice but transfers like crazy. Once this sets it doesn't move and stays put til I take it off at the end of the day.

on 12/10/2018 10:32:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

One of their shades matches my skin tone perfectly. Stays on all day. No creasing or oxidizing. As others mention, it smells kinda like paint but for this value, it’s amazing and is long lasting. Hope they never discontinue it!

on 12/1/2018 9:48:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I tried so many foundations mostly high end. This is in my top 3. I have oily skin, this foundation keeps me matte without looking dry. I wear this for long days at work. It looks good all day in real life but also on tv. It’s the perfect all round foundation for me. Longlasting and lightweight. Shade range is also flattering for me. Love this. Need this. And so cheap.