wet n wild Photo Focus Foundation

Filtered by age: 36-43
wet n wild Photo Focus Foundation

3.0

Skin: Other, Other, Neutral

I was using Clinique Beyond Something Something Foundation + Concealer and on one of my trips to Walmart I saw this wet n wild foundation and for the price, I thought what better can this be? But let's try it. I was very impressed, this foundation immediately substituted the Clinique one and I was really enjoying using it. It didn't emphasize my fine lines, it was easy to use, offered medium coverage and a great affordable price. What's not to love? Well the fact that it oxidized a lot. I was looking very orange and dark as hours went by. I bought a foundation base to try to make it better with no success because that defeated all what I was enjoying about this foundation. I will not repurchase again because I finally found my HG foundation.

on 3/14/2018 3:26:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

Smells like paint and applies like paint. If you think that's good, think of a wall with pockmarks then paint it. From far away you can't see the pockmarks (i.e. my face) but up close it's horrible. Forget about building up the foundation because it goes into cake city after the first layer. Goodbye.

on 3/2/2018 10:33:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This foundation ruined my beauty blender and my foundation brush.

It will not wash out of any make-up application tools. I went from thinking it was holy grail to being so pissed off at it.

Pros: Great coverage, I had no need to powder my face which was amazing
Cons: Looks crap when applied with fingers and ruins sponges and brushes so.... Can't use it. Smells like paint. Spatula is a bit stupid tbh.

I have dry skin and prefer light dewy foundations, but occasionally if I travel or my skin looks jank, I want a heavier foundation. This is pretty good. The color matched perfectly and shape tape goes on smoothly over it. Don't try more than one layer cuz it looks heavy cakey and hard to blend. It sets nicely without powder but I like the matching powder just cuz why not. Overall my skin looks about the same if I use all Tarte prods plus this is hugely cheaper. Like all heavy foundations, this causes a lot of tiny millia acne. I would use it for one-time kinda things like a weekend away or something...as a daily foundation it would b havoc on ur skin. Overall it's really nice and a better value than say Tarte, but I really dislike photo-perfect foundations bc they're too heavy and drying and really are best just on picture days. The spatula btw is just dumb. No pump? But being hella cheaper than Tarte, this is a good cheap dupe, just don't make it ur everyday makeup or ur skin will be a wreck.

on 1/30/2018 2:56:00 AM

Late-thirties here, with medium, combination skin. I am a very picky beauty consumer and have had the best experience with this product; the reviews here are puzzling. This foundation is medium-coverage, with a satin (not entirely matte) finish. The powder from the same line is a perfect addition on top. As the name suggests, this photographs *beautifully*. Unless you are a blogger though, that means little. In real life, this gives you even, healthy and natural-looking skin. Your skin but better. Oxidizes minimally, and plays well with other face products. When buffed correctly, this does not budge, nor crease, it survives a gym session and all day at the office. Does not break me out. It is ridiculously cheap and performs like products ten times its price. Who can ask for more?

on 1/24/2018 5:29:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Lasts all day, not patchy and does not cling to the dry parts of my skin. I normally would never use a drug store foundation as I have very sensitive skin but it has not caused any reaction. I needed to switch from Nars sheer glow after they decided to test on animals and I wish I had switched years ago. Nars wore off quickly and clung to dry patches in comparison.
Smells like house paint in the bottle but the smell dissipates really quickly and does smell at all when on your face.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I would try this again because it is so cheap. $4.68 at Walmart and this product does have $1.00 off coupons! A foundation for $3.68?! I originally got Golden Beige, but it is a bit too dark for me (little too orange). The color I needed was not available, so I will keep an eye out for a lighter shade and try again. I forgot to take my sample with me to the store.

The coverage is light/medium. I was able to get it to medium, but not full coverage because I did not want to look cakey. The product does come with a spatula built into the lid, I like that since it is better than using your fingers or no pump. This foundation does have a paint like smell, but it does go away when it dries. I was worried this would break me out because of the smell, but I only used this for a 14 hour day. So not sure with continuous use if breakout will occur.

The color will oxidize a bit, so pick a shade a bit lighter.

I was comparing this side by side with Estee Lauder double wear on my face, because EL is my holy grail foundation. For 14 hours, the performance was quite comparable. This foundation did help to control my oils. I did not get greasy at all. It did disappear on the area that I did a second coat. My freckles and sun spots started to peek through, while they were still hidden on the EL side.

But for the price, I say give it a try.

on 12/15/2017 11:37:00 AM

Loved this foundation, it makes your skin look flawless. However, it broke me out pretty bad.

on 11/13/2017 12:32:00 AM

For ref, I'm NC37 and I got the shade Golden Beige and here`s my take:-

Pros
Cheap
smells like all ordinary foundation.. its chemical base! it doesnt lasts upon application
goes well with my stippling brush and i needed 2 scoops of spatula
photos really well as the product prides itself !! This was designed for selfies in mind. Also it does not contain SPF (part of that flawless finish will be attributed to this)

Cons
I didnt like the spatula .. not hygienic ...wished it came with a pump
it does oxidizes, looking darker and i did feel I shoulda' got Soft Bisque instead

Recommend?
If you lov selfies .. buy!.

on 9/27/2017 12:33:00 PM

For reference my skin tone is NC30-35 with strong yellow undertone. My skin is combination but very oily on my t-zone. My shade is Golden Beige.

This is a much raved about and hyped up foundation on YouTube and I can definitely see why people (especially oily people) would love it. The line offers great color range and for amazingly affordable price you get a very decent medium (can be built up to high) foundation with zero flashback in photos. The shade a Golden Beige matched me really well so I'm really happy about that - usually foundations look either too orange or pink or ashy on me. It does smell faintly like paint but it dissipates within a few minutes so it never bothers me. Not a big fan of the applicator though - I wish that it came in a pump.

I find that this foundation looks better on me when I apply it with a buffing brush instead of a beauty blender. It dries down semi matte, wears comfortably on the skin and provides decent coverage.

Unfortunate,y I'm only giving 3 stars because it is breaking me out a bit - I have tried it 4-5 times and I don't think I'll use it again until later, and maybe even then I'll space out my usage.

For the price it is a great foundation - if you don't break out from it.