Wet 'n' Wild Photo Focus Foundation

Filtered by age: 36-43
Wet 'n' Wild Photo Focus Foundation
Photo Focus FoundationPhoto Focus FoundationPhoto Focus FoundationPhoto Focus Foundation

3.0

on 9/27/2017 12:33:00 PM

For reference my skin tone is NC30-35 with strong yellow undertone. My skin is combination but very oily on my t-zone. My shade is Golden Beige.

This is a much raved about and hyped up foundation on YouTube and I can definitely see why people (especially oily people) would love it. The line offers great color range and for amazingly affordable price you get a very decent medium (can be built up to high) foundation with zero flashback in photos. The shade a Golden Beige matched me really well so I'm really happy about that - usually foundations look either too orange or pink or ashy on me. It does smell faintly like paint but it dissipates within a few minutes so it never bothers me. Not a big fan of the applicator though - I wish that it came in a pump.

I find that this foundation looks better on me when I apply it with a buffing brush instead of a beauty blender. It dries down semi matte, wears comfortably on the skin and provides decent coverage.

Unfortunate,y I'm only giving 3 stars because it is breaking me out a bit - I have tried it 4-5 times and I don't think I'll use it again until later, and maybe even then I'll space out my usage.

For the price it is a great foundation - if you don't break out from it.

on 9/8/2017 11:01:00 PM

I'm still in awe at how much WnW has stepped up their game. This is a surprisingly excellent foundation for the price especially. It has a good variety of colors and undertones (at least in the light and medium area :/...) In the 1990s and 2000s, I tried WAY worse drugstore foundation for way more money that were terrible in comparison to this.

Now- granted I have tried better. But all of those were far more expensive- like, was the Nars foundation I tried 10X better? No. Not really.

I will grant I am kind of at a honeymoon phase with my skin. I'm old enough that, though I am still oily it isn't like it was 20 years ago, nor do I have acne or break out much yet I don't have fine lines yet. So. Best skin of my life right now, don't need crazy coverage and thus I might have hated this as a 20 something. Mostly I just need to even out a bit and combat the redness I get from rosacea.

It is a real medium coverage- not full, for sure. Doesn't incline to streak which is great. It is a bit more visible as makeup than say, my gold standard for "super, natural" skin (Nyx BB which is too light at the moment). Does stick to dry bits- be sure to moisturize! It applies easily and smoothly for me; I didn't find it a particularly fiddly one to get even, though it sets pretty fast actually.

It lasts quite well on me- again, I've owned slightly better but after 7 hours at work in 90 degrees, it hasn't broken down, though I did set it with loose powder. I am VERY oily-skinned, so I break about 75% of foundations down by mid-day, so this one lasts better than most.

It did not oxidize noticeably.

I mean. It is great if you need a good daily foundation, and don't want to spend $$$ to use a fabulous, fabulously expensive one when you're just going to go to work. Not the best thing ever, yes it has a scent (I found it dissipated in a short time so whatever), but looks very good and is super cheap and has a decent selection of color. I will definitely use it regularly, and yes I would probably choose a more expensive, slightly better formula for an event, but many days this is plenty good.

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

This is a pretty good work horse foundation. Price wise it was only $9.00 Canadian in Toronto, which is extremely low for foundation as even Maybelline's are now like $15. I have fairly normal to dry skin, tend to only break out a little once a mo., so not sure how it would work on oily skin. You need to work fast w/ it as it dries quickly. I find using a beauty blender sponge the best application. It is a solid med coverage, can be built to full, but at risk of looking overdone. I do like that it covers my hyperpigmentation scars if I re-layer it over those areas. What I like the most is, the longevity. Even after a 9 hour work day in a poorly air-conditioned medical office it remains on (UN-like any other of my DS foundation I have). Drawback of living in Toronto is that the darkest color at the Loblaws is "Amber-beige" and I'm an Indian who in the summer reaches an NC 43 so could have gone a shade up. I know that's not Wet N Wild's issue tho. One would just figure in a city of a high South East Asian population they'd have warmer shades avail.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

After knowing how my face reacts to their crappy foundation i stupidly tried this product.....it looked like a mask the whole evening, if i touched my face a smear was left behind. The next day (today) part of my face beside my nose is swollen it looks grotesque like i have some type of facial edema. Horrible cystic acne brewing the worst i've ever had. If you have any cystic acne probs steer clear of this horseshit. Plus when I first opened it the neck of the bottle was broken, if i had liked it I wouldve had to put it in a different container......turns out the trash container worked best.

on 6/9/2017 5:19:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I was able to find a decent match in Golden Beige, and don't mind the spatula applicator. At best, I was able to build this up to medium coverage. It does have a very strong paint smell. I definitely needed a primer with this because without primer, this sank into my pores and every fine line, however with a good primer it wore much smoother. The finish was dewy, and I would have to put on a lot more powder than I normally do just to get it to not be so tacky feeling, and so that I would be able to apply my blush and bronzer over it without going on patchy. I had a lot of shine breakthrough, but even with extra blotting and powdering throughout the day the foundation started to break down and I had bare patches, it started to look caky, and I could definitely feel it sitting heavily on my face. It would rub off where my sunglasses sat on the bridge of my nose. I tried to make this work, but after a week, just decided it was too much work and not giving me the results I hoped, I just could'nt wait to get home at the end of the day to wash it off.

on 5/28/2017 7:16:00 PM

Love the packaging, really wish every other company who don't supply a pump with their foundations would use a spatula! This applies really well but makes pores stand out a MILE! Looks very cakey and fake after just an hour, such a pity as it looks great after you just apply it. Probably great for younger skin.

on 4/19/2017 7:57:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Like most of the reviews, YouTube made me buy this. It goes on nice with a brush or beauty blender. Looks great for about 30 minutes then just goes down hill from there. I want to wash my face within a few hours of wearing this. My skin feels and looks terrible. It accentuates my pores, wrinkles and rubs off with the slightest touch. Not to mention it oxidizes terribly. I even tried mixing it with my sunscreen that usually dries me out. Nope. Also mixed it with my trusty Revlon colorstay..nope. Tried no setting powder, with setting powder..nope. Blotting didn't even take away the sticky/oily/tacky weirdness. I literally had to peel the tissue away from my skin while blotting. So bizarre.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

I purchased this in three colors: Nude Ivory, Soft Beige, and Buff Beige. I'm an N5, and couldn't quite find my ideal color match. The Soft Beige was the closest right out of the bottle but I found that all the foundations darkened once they set. Nude Ivory was too light. Buff Beige, which is supposed to be light-medium neutral, was way too dark for my skin tone. I wound up mixing Nude Ivory (light neutral) and Buff Beige to customize my shade. As it was, it still oxidized, especially on my neck.

The coverage is iffy. I have oily, textured, sensitive skin with weird flakey dry patches and often it covered fairly well but it clung to the dry patches, but also seemed to emphasize my skin's texture once it settled and was set with powder. You can layer on for more coverage but it does cake very easily--I used this with several powders (BareMinerals Mineral Veil, No7 Translucent loose powder, ELF HD translucent finishing powder) and had the same result. You need restraint with the powder and normal, fine-textured skin to wear this for any significant amount of time. I'm going to hold on to the bottles I have and keep playing with them to see if I can make them work but I don't think I'm going to purchase these again.

It does have an odor--it's the odor I associate with less expensive foundations. More paint-like, less fragranced. To be honest, I'd rather have a foundation smell like paint than perfume. The smell fades after it's applied.

Great foundation for the price, just not for my skin. *sadness*

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I love wnw fdtns as a rule (coverall, color match, tinted moisturizer, THIS.).......it does have an unpleasant odor-aroma of paint with this. But wnw fdtn are good for oily skinned people. The spatula is an interesting addition. For $6 this is pretty good but discovering your shade can be an arcane process .and wnw is cruelty free (which is awesome!!!) I use wnw reserve your cabana powder for glowy skin.

I tried this after so many raves about it on YouTube. Overall I think if it works for you it is a great value. I liked it but it did not do well hiding the slight redness I have on my cheeks which makes it a big no for me. I also felt it was hard to blend I kept getting sponge marks from my Beauty blender.

As for the packaging I loved the heavy glass bottle but I am not a fan of the spatula I much prefer a pump or tube to squeeze I feel they are much more sanitary.