wet n wild Photo Focus Foundation

Filtered by age: 30-35
wet n wild Photo Focus Foundation

3.2

on 5/5/2018 12:02:00 AM

This is the only drugstore foundation I have ever bought multiple times. I had been on the hunt to find a less expensive foundation that I could wear on slow days at the office (no major meetings or staying overtime). To me, it didn’t make sense to be going through a $40 bottle of foundation every other month to sit in front of a computer for 80% of the work day. When I finally tried this foundation it worked really well on my combo (leaning toward oily) skin!

It gave me medium coverage, didn’t bring attention to my texture, wore off gracefully during the day, no weird gathering of product, and I never had any issues with oxidizing or breakouts. People have even given me compliments about my skin on days that I have worn this!

So would I say this wears AS well as my high end foundations? I would say yes on a slow day, but no on a day that I’m running around or need my makeup to last over 8 hours. And that’s the only place it lost a lippie!

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

Wow! I had been looking for a more full coverage, affordable, semi-matte foundation to work with my dry skin and this is a shockingly good answer to my problem. Aside from the packaging (spatula applicator) and the smell of it (which dissipates once it sets), this foundation has worked for my skin better than a lot of higher end foundations for sure. I apply it in dots around my face and blend out with a damp RT sponge. The finish is smooth and semi or demi matte. Once it sets, on me, it is transfer proof but sooo much more comfortable and less drying than my previous HG's. I do set it with a light dusting of powder. For being such a thin liquid foundation, this baby packs the coverage for sure. I highly recommend this! It is nuts how cheap this stuff is. Woot!

on 4/12/2018 10:25:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I have oily skin and large pores. I had hoped this foundation would be as great as everyone on youtube says it was, but it did not work for me AT ALL. The color turns orange after an hour and looks ridiculous, my pores looked HUGE even when using a primer, and it looked so uneven and muddy. I am shocked this worked out for people! On top of all of it, it caused me to breakout in a painfully large cyst on my chin! I guess I should expect something that smells like paint to clog the pores. I'm 30 and get minimal breakouts and this is the only culprit I have changed in my skin/makeup routine. I'll stick with my Estée Lauder. Going in the trash where it belongs.

on 3/30/2018 3:41:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

This is one of my favourite drugstore foundation (I also love the Milani Conceal & Perfect 2-1; Covergirl Ready Set Gorgeous; l’Oréal Infaillible Pro-Matte; L’Oréal Infaillible Pro-Glow) and in my experience with the foundation, the pros outweigh the cons.

For reference: I’m a NC 42 (MAC), I have combo-oily skin with medium size pores and redness accross my cheeks and nose. I used the color Desert Beige in the Photo Focus Foundation but it’s a tad too dark during winter time so I have to mix in the color Classic Beige.

Pros: medium buildable to full coverage, matte but not flat finish, lasts all day long, doesn’t break up during the day, a little goes a long way, oil-controling very cheap price point (7$cad/5$usd)

Cons: doesn’t have a pump, packaging with a spatula which I find very messy, may not be suitable for dry skin as it was mattifying on my combo-oily skin and controlled my oil throughout the day, can look heavy if applied too much, nasty plastic-y smell

on 2/16/2018 10:08:00 AM

I’m 30 yo; I’ve never had break outs that look like almost hives small bumps on my face esp the chin and delicate skin. After using this foundation for a few weeks my face is completely broke out! I’ve never had problems with acne aside from normal teenager pimples. I don’t have a family history of acne. The only thing that’s changed over the last 2 months or more is this foundation. It’s almost like my skin can’t breathe, so it gets irritated with these tiny bumps everywhere. I wouldn’t recommend it to anyone because I had zero problems beforehand!

on 2/12/2018 7:32:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

This is an ok foundation for the price but I found it pretty drying so this might not be for us dry skin folks. I actually like the stick to apply it and the price of course. It applies nicely with a beauty blender but I could probably only use this in the summer when my skin is not as dry.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

Dry like hell! WORST foundation ever! My face was so stiff I could not move it! Wish I never bought it!

on 12/10/2017 9:15:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Other, Straight, Medium

Freshly applied looks great and feels very light. There's an oily that dries matte quality that reminds me of Bourjois' foundations, BUT...

For my very, very, very dry skin, it just doesn't work. The colours porcelain and soft ivory match my skin perfectly (depending on how pale I am) but the foundation seems to accentuate the dryness of my skin. I use heavy duty moisturisers, I exfoliate, prep, etc. But the foundation dries like crazy and makes my skin look and feel way worse. Just like some foundations make people break out, this foundation dries my skin to another level.

I wanted to love it so much as everybody raves about it, and it t actually photographs beautify, but seriously, it's not for dry or very dry skin :(

on 11/22/2017 8:36:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I had to write a review on this because I pulled it out of my drawer and used it today for the first time in weeks. This is a solid product. It makes my skin look beautiful! Lasts all day too! I put this above many of my high-end foundations. I have the color buff-beige and it's a perfect match for my winter complexion. Not a fan of any other wet n wild products, but this one blows me away! I prefer high coverage foundations but they are usually matte, this one is very dewy, really it makes my skin glow. Contouring with the benefit cheek parade palette looks really beautiful on top of this foundation. Packaging is slightly odd but I take no points off for that because of how happy I was every time I looked in the mirror today 😏

Jury is still out on this for me. I like the coverage and finish, but I bought this over the summer when I had a tan and so now the color is too dark for me (buff bisque). I just haven't had time to go out and get a lighter color. It does have a little bit of a chemical, almost gasoline like smell to it which is off-putting. Not too jazzed about the spatula but I put it on a mixing palette instead of directly on my face to avoid cross-contamination, so it's not the end of the world (best option if you're also using on a client).