wet n wild Photo Focus Foundation

Filtered by age: 30-35
wet n wild Photo Focus Foundation

3.2

I absolutely love this foundation. Foundation in my opinion is the most personal preference product, so obviously this might not work as well as it does for me for everyone, but for my normal to oily combination skin (normal cheeks and super oily tzone) this is my favorite foundation I own, and I own some very expensive ones. I don't have dry skin but I don't know why anyone with dry skin would buy a foundation that is described as matte and then have sad face when it clings to dry patches (for dry girls I've heard great things about their cushion foundation as a dewier option, but I've never tried it because I already know it wont work for my skin type). I've always bought high end foundations, but I've seen so many youtubers raving about this one that I was curious. I was at Walgreens and there was a sale on wet n wild to where the already ridiculously cheap photo focus foundation was reduced to 3.99 (seriously), so I grabbed two shades on a whim thinking what the heck. Can I just say that I was SHOOK. I think this finish is perfect for skin like mine because not as flat and lifeless as full on matte foundations, but not too dewy to where my face is an oilslick by noon, but the finish is stunning. It's very buildable, and even when you build it up to fuller coverage it still looks very very skin like. It lasts well, not anything crazy (I for one don't particularly care if a foundation lasts 18 hours because I'm never going to wear it that long), but with setting spray it'll look nice for a good 10-12 hours with minor touch up translucent powder in the afternoon for oil control. For all of the people complaining about the smell, it doesn't bother me at all but it is noticable straight out of the bottle, but I think it's important to mention the reason you smell that is because they don't put any perfumes in the product, which is great for people with sensitive skin I would think. I would rather smell the foundation than smell a bunch of perfumes. I have the shades nude ivory and nude beige (my skintone is neutral leaning slightly warm), and they're perfect for me because nude beige is me with a tan and nude ivory is me without one, so I can easily mix them together in different ratios as i fade from 1 to the other. The shade range is decent for a drug store foundation in my opinion, theres a warm neutral and cool shade for fair to deep skin tones. I also love that they write the undertone right on the bottle to take the guess work out of trying to shade match at the drugstore. With the price point it's easy to grab more than one and customize. I would prefer a pump as well, but the spatula is better than just an open bottle, I just usually dab some of each shade on the back of my hand and mix together and apply from there. It applies beautifully with both a beauty blender and a blurring foundation brush (I use the beauty blender for fuller coverage and the kabuki when I want something lighter). If you have combo skin and want oil control without the full matte flat face look, TRY THIS PRODUCT YOU WILL NOT REGRET IT.

on 7/28/2018 8:21:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Medium

For reference I'm in between NC45 and NC50 in MAC. I wear Toffee during the summer and Caramel during the winter.

Pros:
Medium coverage but buildable
Matte finish
Doesn't settle into pores or lines
Good color selection
Lasts most of the day

Cons:
None.

I REALLY wanted to love this. I tried it out for a week and loved how long lasting it was. Then I started noticing little bumps, which then turned into pimples. Before I knew it, I was broken out all over my face, in cystic acne. I'm so bummed that this didn't work for me because it really is a great foundation for the price. If you have sensitive skin, I'd probably skip this one if I were you.

on 5/5/2018 12:02:00 AM

This is the only drugstore foundation I have ever bought multiple times. I had been on the hunt to find a less expensive foundation that I could wear on slow days at the office (no major meetings or staying overtime). To me, it didn’t make sense to be going through a $40 bottle of foundation every other month to sit in front of a computer for 80% of the work day. When I finally tried this foundation it worked really well on my combo (leaning toward oily) skin!

It gave me medium coverage, didn’t bring attention to my texture, wore off gracefully during the day, no weird gathering of product, and I never had any issues with oxidizing or breakouts. People have even given me compliments about my skin on days that I have worn this!

So would I say this wears AS well as my high end foundations? I would say yes on a slow day, but no on a day that I’m running around or need my makeup to last over 8 hours. And that’s the only place it lost a lippie!

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

Wow! I had been looking for a more full coverage, affordable, semi-matte foundation to work with my dry skin and this is a shockingly good answer to my problem. Aside from the packaging (spatula applicator) and the smell of it (which dissipates once it sets), this foundation has worked for my skin better than a lot of higher end foundations for sure. I apply it in dots around my face and blend out with a damp RT sponge. The finish is smooth and semi or demi matte. Once it sets, on me, it is transfer proof but sooo much more comfortable and less drying than my previous HG's. I do set it with a light dusting of powder. For being such a thin liquid foundation, this baby packs the coverage for sure. I highly recommend this! It is nuts how cheap this stuff is. Woot!

on 4/12/2018 10:25:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I have oily skin and large pores. I had hoped this foundation would be as great as everyone on youtube says it was, but it did not work for me AT ALL. The color turns orange after an hour and looks ridiculous, my pores looked HUGE even when using a primer, and it looked so uneven and muddy. I am shocked this worked out for people! On top of all of it, it caused me to breakout in a painfully large cyst on my chin! I guess I should expect something that smells like paint to clog the pores. I'm 30 and get minimal breakouts and this is the only culprit I have changed in my skin/makeup routine. I'll stick with my Estée Lauder. Going in the trash where it belongs.

on 3/30/2018 3:41:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

This is one of my favourite drugstore foundation (I also love the Milani Conceal & Perfect 2-1; Covergirl Ready Set Gorgeous; l’Oréal Infaillible Pro-Matte; L’Oréal Infaillible Pro-Glow) and in my experience with the foundation, the pros outweigh the cons.

For reference: I’m a NC 42 (MAC), I have combo-oily skin with medium size pores and redness accross my cheeks and nose. I used the color Desert Beige in the Photo Focus Foundation but it’s a tad too dark during winter time so I have to mix in the color Classic Beige.

Pros: medium buildable to full coverage, matte but not flat finish, lasts all day long, doesn’t break up during the day, a little goes a long way, oil-controling very cheap price point (7$cad/5$usd)

Cons: doesn’t have a pump, packaging with a spatula which I find very messy, may not be suitable for dry skin as it was mattifying on my combo-oily skin and controlled my oil throughout the day, can look heavy if applied too much, nasty plastic-y smell

on 2/16/2018 10:08:00 AM

I’m 30 yo; I’ve never had break outs that look like almost hives small bumps on my face esp the chin and delicate skin. After using this foundation for a few weeks my face is completely broke out! I’ve never had problems with acne aside from normal teenager pimples. I don’t have a family history of acne. The only thing that’s changed over the last 2 months or more is this foundation. It’s almost like my skin can’t breathe, so it gets irritated with these tiny bumps everywhere. I wouldn’t recommend it to anyone because I had zero problems beforehand!

on 2/12/2018 7:32:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

This is an ok foundation for the price but I found it pretty drying so this might not be for us dry skin folks. I actually like the stick to apply it and the price of course. It applies nicely with a beauty blender but I could probably only use this in the summer when my skin is not as dry.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

Dry like hell! WORST foundation ever! My face was so stiff I could not move it! Wish I never bought it!