Wet 'n' Wild Photo Focus Foundation

Filtered by age: 30-35
Wet 'n' Wild Photo Focus Foundation
Photo Focus FoundationPhoto Focus FoundationPhoto Focus FoundationPhoto Focus Foundation

3.3

on 12/10/2017 9:15:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Other, Straight, Medium

Freshly applied looks great and feels very light. There's an oily that dries matte quality that reminds me of Bourjois' foundations, BUT...

For my very, very, very dry skin, it just doesn't work. The colours porcelain and soft ivory match my skin perfectly (depending on how pale I am) but the foundation seems to accentuate the dryness of my skin. I use heavy duty moisturisers, I exfoliate, prep, etc. But the foundation dries like crazy and makes my skin look and feel way worse. Just like some foundations make people break out, this foundation dries my skin to another level.

I wanted to love it so much as everybody raves about it, and it t actually photographs beautify, but seriously, it's not for dry or very dry skin :(

on 11/22/2017 8:36:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I had to write a review on this because I pulled it out of my drawer and used it today for the first time in weeks. This is a solid product. It makes my skin look beautiful! Lasts all day too! I put this above many of my high-end foundations. I have the color buff-beige and it's a perfect match for my winter complexion. Not a fan of any other wet n wild products, but this one blows me away! I prefer high coverage foundations but they are usually matte, this one is very dewy, really it makes my skin glow. Contouring with the benefit cheek parade palette looks really beautiful on top of this foundation. Packaging is slightly odd but I take no points off for that because of how happy I was every time I looked in the mirror today 😏

Jury is still out on this for me. I like the coverage and finish, but I bought this over the summer when I had a tan and so now the color is too dark for me (buff bisque). I just haven't had time to go out and get a lighter color. It does have a little bit of a chemical, almost gasoline like smell to it which is off-putting. Not too jazzed about the spatula but I put it on a mixing palette instead of directly on my face to avoid cross-contamination, so it's not the end of the world (best option if you're also using on a client).

on 11/18/2017 9:20:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is not for dry skin - I will tell you right off the bat. If you have dry skin, you will need to put on a good moisturizer underneath for it to glide on more easily. The coverage is buildable light-medium and the finish is matte. I dont have to set it with a finishing powder as it is already matte on its own but you could if you want to. It stays on very long and the shade selection is great. Price point is also very low. I would enjoy it more if only it wasnt too cakey on me.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I've only used this for events, because it doesn't have SPF and isn't really an everyday foundation. It did look really good in photos from two weddings I was in. It doesn't look as natural in person in my opinion, but in photos it looks fairly skin-like. I was fairly high-to-medium coverage. I wore a moisturizer underneath and I still felt kind of dry at first. I think it looked best from the 2-5 hours after applying period. I will update if I try it more.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

wow wow wow ! this lived up to its type and then some ! it's medium to full coverage for sure . I use a damp sponge to allot this which I found works these best or you can get streaks. I have combo skin which is usually.more oily , this stays on a good 8 plus hours on me before needing a touch up . the formula is thin, definately silicone type feeling. it doesn't break me out and it leaves your skin airbrushed looking. I always use a powder to set and setting spray to finish . it's a score

on 11/6/2017 10:04:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Bought this foundation after hearing alot of hype about how wonderful it is - it's not wonderful at all (on my skin) looked gross.
It was extremly cheap...it looked and felt extremly cheap on the face.
No coverage. Horrible consistancy..I actually threw this in the bin after that first application ..just pointless wasting time with it. Sometimes you really do get what you pay for!

Ignoring the fact that my country does not carry a good selection of colors and I didn't match myself perfectly, I think this foundation is pretty good. It's not the best, it's not my favorite but it's not bad at all and I don't regret purchasing. It's inexpensive, it has medium coverage, has a matte finish and it looks good. I wouldn't recommend it to dry skin though, I'd say it's more suited to normal and combination skin types. Also, the packaging is weird, I mean what is that applicator? why the glass bottle? I don't get the packaging decisions but the product itself is pretty decent. Is it the foundation that's gonna change your life? Probably not. Is it over hyped to the max? Heck yeah BUT: is it a good product considering the price? YES! It lasts 6 hours on my combination skin looking great, it blends easily, it's not patchy, it doesn't break me out.....it's nice.

on 10/25/2017 12:58:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

First thing first- this foundation is way over-hyped!

I think that all the mixed reviews are due to the fact that this foundation more suitable for oily skin type. If you’re a normal - dry skin u need to prep your skin very well, otherwise, you’ll end up looking like a cakey mess! It’s also cling to dry patches, not to mention the offensive smell.

That being said, it •can• look beautifully,
second-skin like, thanks to the natural finish-
not overly Matt, definitely not dewy.
But u have to work quickly Because it dries in a split second!
All & all, its such a hustle to make it work, Its not even worth the affordable price tag.
*Update: I tried several different primers/moisturizer/ application technique... the end result remains the same: cake face & emphasize texture! (I don’t have any skin-issues)
And I've never experienced anything like this with others foundations to that extent (I own more than 30) Save your money!!!

This is one of my favourite inexpensive foundations. I was able to find a colour with a slightly pink base which matches my skin tone. It covers well without settling into my lines too deeply. About halfway through the day, my nose needs a touch up, but I've not yet found a foundation that doesn't need a touch up on my nose.