wet n wild Photo Focus Foundation

Filtered by eye Color : Blue age: 25-29
wet n wild Photo Focus Foundation

3.4

on 12/11/2018 3:42:00 PM

I'm actually super impressed with this foundation. For $8 CAD, it's the most affordable foundation at the drugstore, and might actually be my new fav! I love the Wet n Wild powder highlighters so much, I thought I'd try out some of their other products. So glad I did!

The foundation does have a bit of a paint-like smell, only really noticeable if you're wafting the bottle under your nose lol. I love that it has different undertone options, and that the undertone is stated right on the bottle. I got the Rose Ivory one, with a cool undertone, and it is PERFECT. I was using the Nyx Can't Stop Won't Stop, but I find it's a little drying for the winter months, and I ended up buying the wrong undertone because it doesn't say on the bottle :( The shade is perfect and this is the FIRST TIME I've ever had a truly matching undertone in my foundation. So happy!

The Photo Focus foundation from Wet n Wild has a great consistency, not too thick so it's easy to blend around your face with just a little! The paddle is weird and probably not the most hygienic, but it doesn't really bother me. It's easy enough to transfer from the paddle to a sponge instead of directly on your face.

The foundation applies nicely, sets nicely, and still looks great at the end of my work day. It seems to play well with my fav skincare products, primers, and makeup products. No complaints from me!

on 9/18/2018 12:03:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

Bought this on a whim to test out - I picked up shade 366C Buff Bisque, I'm normally NC20-25-ish during the summer/spray tan months. In a nutshell, this looks GREAT in photos, smells horrible, packaging is a little bulky, and the spatula probably has a lot of bacteria lingering on it. It's cheap (like $5 or so at ULTA?) This isn't as long lasting as my go to matte formulas, but for flawless foundation in photographs I'm willing to keep it around. I'd repurchase!

on 8/20/2018 4:05:00 AM

I LOVE this foundation and I don't love many. *I bought the Soft Ivory shade*
As an acne and rosacea sufferer, I've tried every foundation under the sun and honestly, none compare to how good this feels on my skin. It's light, blends so well with my beauty blender and has a lovely skin feel and look finish.

I really wish it had a pump applicator instead of the little spatula thing but I found that after a couple goes I was able to get the right amount on my blender and blissfully tap away on my skin. It also pairs amazingly well with its concealer from the same range which was my first and favourite purchase from Wet n Wild.

I find it lasts really well throughout the day but I don't expect my makeup to last over 12hrs, nor and I looking for that level of gunk on my sensitive face. I do set my concealer with a bit of powder from LA Girl and a spritz of Essence fixing spray all over and I feel good to go for the day without touchups. If I'm having a problematic day with redness that burns through which is just a rosacea treat (sighs), then I will touch up with some concealer in that area or drink a ton of water, whichever is closer. But burn through is something I've had with all foundations, least of all with this one, it feels much lighter and gentler on my sensitive skin.

I also love any foundation that looks like skin and doesn't cake or wear away in patches which I feel this one doesn't!

As a cruelty-free makeup user, WW is by far my favourite!

Also, I totally recommend trying the Oil Cleansing Method, it has been a life and skin changing find!!!

on 4/16/2018 8:39:00 PM

Here are the reasons why I gave this foundation a one lipstick rating: 1. It had a stong scent that smells exactly like paint - which is not pleasant in any way. 2. It slid around on my face and was completely worn off after a few hours, even with a primer and setting powder. 3. Before using this foundation I didn't have any trouble with my skin, but now I've got tiny bumps all over my face. 4. Even with a thin layer of foundation, it still felt really heavy and uncomfortable on my skin. 5. This foundation made my makeup brushes incredibly stiff, and I'm not able to get them clean. 6. The plastic cap kept breaking and the little spatula was awkward to use.

The only thing I liked about this foundation was the fact that its cruelty-free!

on 3/18/2018 12:05:00 AM

I was so excited to try this product after hearing such great reviews from youtubers and reviewers online but I quickly was disappointed. The smell is terrible but I can get past that just fine, it's the overall effect on my skin that really made me hate this foundation! I got little, hive-like pimples all over my face and it seemed to emphasize all my imperfections! It covered the discoloration on my face but my pores seemed huge when I used this foundation, which is not usually an issue for me. I tried using this product with moisturizer, with primer, without anything, with various powders or without them, etc. I tried everything, hoping so much to like it! I love the price but I just couldn't make it look nice on my skin. I'm in my 20's but my skin looked like I was much much older. Beware of this product! It might be great for you, and I hope that's the case, but it could be a terrible waste of the $4-$5 you'll spend on it!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I bought this brand because it was very affordable and I'm on a budget right now. I've always had sensitive skin, but I've never in my life had problems with makeup bothering me, so I wasn't concerned with trying this one out. Well first of all, the applicator is not my favorite. I prefer the pump and this one comes with like a spatula type thing. The smell is immediately off-putting. Smells like I'm literally lathering house paint on my face and it actually feels like it too. I can feel it on my face all day. Also, as soon as it touched my skin, my face started burning all over. It wasn't unbearable and it stopped after a little while, so I continued to use it for 2 more days. Well, I woke up this morning to an awful red rash all over my face. Its hot to the touch and very clearly an allergic reaction. I'm not saying this is gonna happen to everyone, but I don't seem to be the only one it has happened to. Be aware!!

on 8/30/2017 11:18:00 AM

Holy buckets!

Another product I came across thanks to the YouTube beauty community.

I've always been skeptical of Wet n Wild simply because of the price. I'd buy their lipsticks now and again because they were cheap, but I rarely bought any face products. Though the formulas aren't always better for pricier items, they typically contain better ingredients that don't irritate my hella acne-prone skin as much as their cheaper counterparts. The YouTube community was raving however so, given it's AWESOME price point, I figured I couldn't go wrong. I was so pleasantly surprised! The shade matched perfectly (which is super hard for me because I'm fair, but warm-toned, which typically comes across too yellow), the coverage is full but your skin still looks like your skin (no "mask" effect), the formula was incredibly easy to work with and it lasted all day long, even on my oil-slick of a face! Just like any other foundation, this one works best with a primer and/or a setting spray, but DAMN! Wet n Wild is stepping it up!

Some of their other newer items that I'm in love with are their Liquid Catsuit liquid matte lipsticks and their new highlighters are ON POINT.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I liked the formula and the low price. I think I would buy this again!

on 6/14/2017 3:12:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I really like this foundation for the price! They have quite a few color options, but they were a little confusing. The best I could do in the store was look at the bottle and look at my skin. I just know is that I'm fair and neutral. My Walgreen's wasn't stocked super great when I went, but I picked up Nude Ivory. (A week or so later I saw another shade that probably would've matched me slightly better, at another retailer, but that's okay.) Nude Ivory is a pretty decent match, but a tad dark for my skin. It's soooo slightly too dark. Not a big deal, I blend it down my neck and it looks perfect.
The formula does indeed smell like paint but it dissipates fairly quickly and I don't notice it after I'm done doing my makeup. I'm not a huge fan of the spatula situation. It's not bad. I'd just prefer a pump, but I know that'd make it more costly so I get why they don't do it. It's such an affordable foundation and I appreciate that so much. Sometimes I don't want to purchase a $40 foundation, because geeze that's spendy. I'm so glad Wet n Wild exists as a brand and they keep their stuff affordable and cruelty-free! Anyways, I digress.
Wearing this I noticed that if I use too much it does indeed get cakey. I think this is probably a medium coverage foundation, but I prefer a lighter coverage foundation these days so I use just a dab on my cheeks, forehead, and chin and blend it out with a beauty blender or my real techniques sponge. I find this works super well. I set it with the Wet N Wild "Bronzer" in the shade "Reserve Your Cabana" lightly, as if I pack on this powder too much you can see that it's too dark for my skintone. (I love this powder btw.) This sets my makeup really well and makes the finish look flawless.
I find this foundation lasts all day on my skin and I haven't noticed a break out specifically from this product, but of course as with any product YMMV.

on 5/4/2017 8:50:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I'm a little on the fence with this one. I don't hate it, but don't love it either.

Pros:
-After powder, blush and contour is applied, this gives me the most natural finish of any foundation I've used.
-Holds up as well as my high-end foundations for long days at the office without oxidizing or moving around (with primer and set with powder and setting spray like I do with all my foundation).
-sheer coverage, but buildable without getting cakey.

Cons:
-Shade. This probably wouldn't be an issue for most people since there is such a range of colours, but as always on my vampire face, even the lightest shade is too dark and yellow-toned for me, meaning I'm left to even out the shade with powder or mixing to make it match.
-It's buildable, but if you have problem skin or more extreme redness/discolouration, this isn't going to do anything for you and it's still going to need to be used with a good concealer for small problem areas, whereas with other foundations, I can get away with not using concealer.
-If I don't use a really good primer, this does tend to rub off and separate on my noise quite a lot, but this is the case with a lot of foundations, so it's likely more to do with my weird skin than the product itself. However, there are a handful of products I don't have that problem with, so this could be better in that respect.

I have combo skin and my T-zone somehow manages to get both oily and dry at the same time (how does that even happen), and this does a decent job of not accentuating any weird texture on my face too much, so in that respect, it's better than most foundations I've tried. I do find I need to work with it a bit to get it even, so it's not something that I feel like I can slap on my face before running out the door, but when I can put the time in, it really gives a great natural finish to my skin without looking like I have a ton of product on. It goes on light and doesn't feel heavy and does a decent job at evening out my skin without suffocating it. My skin does have some redness in it in the cheek area, and trying to get it even between the redder areas and regular areas is what takes me the longest. For people with more even complexions, this would probably be less of an issue.

For application, I find it's best to use a beauty blender or other sponge applicator, as the formula is VERY thin and prone to brush stokes when applying with a brush. I also feel like this is a more oily formula, so it's probably best to set this with a powder.

Overall, not a bad foundation for less than $10 and I'll be keeping it in my regular rotation for good skin days. My favourite way to use it has actually been to mix it half and half with my UD All Nighter foundation. That one's a tad on the light side (but the next shade up is too dark when it dries down) and is extremely full coverage, so this helps thin it down a bit, evens out both colours and gives a better overall finish than I get with either of the two products on their own.