wet n wild Photo Focus Foundation

Filtered by age: 25-29
wet n wild Photo Focus Foundation

3.1

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

Honestly such a great budget foundation. very comparable to my double wear (which I loooove) and at a fraction of the price. Medium to almost full coverage, smoothing and does not emphasise texture. Its a tad bit dry on normal skin (oily babes will love it) but moisturising before helps a lot. The smell is a normal foundation-y smell to me, and I dont mind it, in fact I kinda like it. I prefer no fragrance on my foundation and would rather it smelled like this foundation rather than perfumed like a lot of Chanel/Bourjois foundation is.

Is also very long-wearing and does not flake on me.

on 5/18/2018 5:29:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine

as someone with oily, textured skin, i don't love this foundation. i don't have much overall redness to conceal so this does an okay job of evening out my skin tone, but anything other than a very sheer layer of this looks INCREDIBLY cakey - this product does not build well over itself. when i wear this i have to finish concealing any hyperpigmentation with a complementary concealer, which isn't the worst thing in the world, but i have used other foundations that build much better than this, and if you have a lot to conceal, it's more economical to just get a high coverage foundation.

i will say though, this does look quite nice on my skin when it's behaving. i get best results dabbing small amounts of product onto my skin at a time, blending, and then dabbing more on as needed/wanted. this is the best way to get a sheer application with extra coverage only where you need it. after i've applied this all over, i brush on some concealer to cover any remaining redness and the finish is really natural and lovely!

pros:
- great shade range for lighter skin tones - porcelain is actually too light for me even after drying down! nice to have a CF option at the drugstore for foundation for skin tones on both ends of the spectrum
- cap is very secure thanks to grooves along opening, sturdy packaging
- smell doesn't linger throughout the day
- applicator is weird, but it does sort of work to manage how much product you're using at one time
- really pretty, natural finish when you use the right amount!

cons:
- tacky finish, never dries down (powdering doesn't help)
- offensive odor, VERY strong during application
- seems to have flashback??
- low/medium coverage
- applicator is unwieldy
- cap gets dirty and gunky with product over time

i will repurchase since i don't like to spend a ton of money on foundation and i like to support CF brands but i am still keeping my eyes peeled for other CF foundations. i really prefer higher coverage and i feel like i get that with my other favorite brand - sad they aren't CF :(

Good medium coverage foundation. Not a fan of the smell.. smells like literal paint. Did a good job of covering up imperfections without looking cakey. Separated a bit around my nose. I would use this as an every day foundation for a natural (affordable!) makeup look, and nothing too long wearing.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I wanted to like this foundation so much. YouTube made it seem amazing. It doesn't work for me at all. I could look past the smell if it looked good. I have acne prone combination skin. This was so streaky and kept smudging and moving. Nothing has worked to make it not look like a pasty, cakey mess. Primer, moisturizer, setting powder, setting spray, tried with and without. It made my pores look huge and I don't usually have that problem, and made any blemish look even more visible.

on 4/16/2018 8:39:00 PM

Here are the reasons why I gave this foundation a one lipstick rating: 1. It had a stong scent that smells exactly like paint - which is not pleasant in any way. 2. It slid around on my face and was completely worn off after a few hours, even with a primer and setting powder. 3. Before using this foundation I didn't have any trouble with my skin, but now I've got tiny bumps all over my face. 4. Even with a thin layer of foundation, it still felt really heavy and uncomfortable on my skin. 5. This foundation made my makeup brushes incredibly stiff, and I'm not able to get them clean. 6. The plastic cap kept breaking and the little spatula was awkward to use.

The only thing I liked about this foundation was the fact that its cruelty-free!

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Silver, Straight, Coarse

This is such a weird foundation because it seems like it either works beautifully or ends up being a complete disaster. Sadly, I'm in the latter camp. This stuff picks up on every single dry spot and every single pore and just looks unpleasantly cakey on my face. The wide shade range is commendable, and it is less than $5, but that's about it. It does look like the type of formula that is better suited for oily skin, however.

on 3/23/2018 4:55:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

I prefer a natural finish but bought this for days I need higher coverage. I dislike this foundation and here is why:
-Horrible smell that is difficult to ignore
- Very drying and can look cakey on the face, do not recommend this for people with dry skin
- Feels heavy on the skin after application
- Matte finish on me

Pros: price is great, it does cover redness on the skin, and looks pretty good in photographs (not as good in real life)

on 3/18/2018 12:05:00 AM

I was so excited to try this product after hearing such great reviews from youtubers and reviewers online but I quickly was disappointed. The smell is terrible but I can get past that just fine, it's the overall effect on my skin that really made me hate this foundation! I got little, hive-like pimples all over my face and it seemed to emphasize all my imperfections! It covered the discoloration on my face but my pores seemed huge when I used this foundation, which is not usually an issue for me. I tried using this product with moisturizer, with primer, without anything, with various powders or without them, etc. I tried everything, hoping so much to like it! I love the price but I just couldn't make it look nice on my skin. I'm in my 20's but my skin looked like I was much much older. Beware of this product! It might be great for you, and I hope that's the case, but it could be a terrible waste of the $4-$5 you'll spend on it!

on 2/15/2018 10:29:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I've been using this foundation for about a month now. Overall I can say I like it, the coverage and the way it sets on my skin is good, it leaves a matte effect that I like but I know that if I was someoke with dry sky I would probably not like it that much. I only use it on work days and it stays on pretty well at least for the first 4 hours, as any other foundation I've used it starts to "melt" on and around my nose, but if I use a powder it stays longer.

It has not broke me out and that is very rare for a foundation, even high end foundations sometimes break me out. Fenty will still remain as my favorite but I call this one the "work foundation" and I'm pretty sure I'll keep repurchasing.

For finding your shade, I recommend that you go on their website and use their compareable tool, they list many other foundations and shades, then when you have 2 possible shades, go to the store and compare them. They have an undertone system too like neutral, cool etc so also be aware of your undertone.

on 1/22/2018 11:47:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

This product looked really great upon initial application. The color was a perfect match and gave a natural finish with medium coverage which I loved. However a couple hours into the wear, it began to feel heavy on the skin and made me look oilier than normal for someone with combination/oily skin. I also came to find out that it was causing me to breakout, which may have been the glycerin ingredient in it as MAC Fix + also broke me out. Everyone is right regarding the smell, it smells like paint but I found that it faded and I couldn't smell it throughout the day. If this foundation didn't make my skin react the way it did, I would actually like it.