Supergoop! Skin Soothing Mineral Sunscreen

3.3

Active Ingredients:Octinoxate (Sunscreen) 7.5, Zinc Oxide (Sunscreen) 10.1Inactive Ingredients:Water, Ethylhexyl Stearate, Cyclopentasiloxane, Propanediol, Butylene Glycol, C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate, Potassium Cetyl Phosphate, Adipic Acid/Diethylene Glycol/Glycerin Crosspolymer, Isohexadecane, Cetearyl Alcohol, Dimethicone, Glyceryl Stearate, PEG-100 Stearate, Phenoxyethanol, Hydroxyethyl Acrylate/Sodium Acryloyldimethyl Taurate Copolymer, Ceteareth-20, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Squalane, Xanthan Gum, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower), Seed Oil, Trisodium Ethylenediamine Disuccinate, Chlorphenesin, Ethylhexylglycerin, Oleth-3, Phosphate, Punica Granatum Seed Oil, Carthamus Tinctorius (Safflower) Seed Oil, Polysorbate 60, Citric Acid, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Olea Europaea (Olive) Fruit Extract, Euterpe, Oleracea Fruit Extract, Methylisothiazolinone, Tocotrienols.

I love this stuff! It has much less of a white cast than most other mineral based sunscreens. I use it, along with my husband and kids, as a facial sunscreen all summer long. It's easy to apply, non-greasy, and doesn't burn my children's eyes, or cause my husband to turn white as a ghost. I often add a drop or two of liquid bronzer and use it in lieu of foundation.
It could be cheaper, but otherwise, it's a great choice, especially for kids!

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse

Not soothing for me...I break out from non-physical sunscreens, so Supergoop's Mineral formula seemed like a good option for me. I read the ingredients on their website, but not carefully enough...because I missed the Methylisothiazolinone! (Shame on me). I get a terrible rash from Methylisothiazolinone. Luckily I read the ingredients thoroughly before I applied it. Had to return it.

In addition to the irresponsible use of Methylisothiazolinone (which is banned in leave-on products in Europe), the name of this sunscreen is deceptive. It does have a mineral sunscreen agent, but is also has a synthetic sunscreen agent. Many people don't realize that Octinoxate is the same thing as Octyl methoxycinnamate, so when they read the ingredients, they may think they are getting non-synthetic sunscreens.

Overall, the Supergoop line isn't for me. They use Avobenzone in all their other products, and lots of Methylisothiazolinone. My skin and eyes can't take either of them.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

Pros:
-Not drying despite having zinc oxide
-No vitamin e/tocopheryl acetate (breaks me out)
-Hydrating without being terribly greasy
-The whitecast can be blended out
-No irritation/burning. My face is very sensitive/rosacea prone.

Cons:
-Balls up under matte foundation. I wear Rimmel Stay Matte Liquid mousse and this drives me NUTS. I have found however, that having sea buckthorn oil under it helps solve the issue if you play around with it.
-Doesn't fully dry. I have to wear setting powder over it. I will note I have tried many sunscreens and it's really not that bad in comparison. There have been other sunscreens that felt like chapstick on my face.

I'm probably going to repurchase.