La Roche-Posay Anthelios 50 Mineral Tinted Primer Daily Tone Correcting

La Roche-Posay  Anthelios 50 Mineral Tinted Primer Daily Tone Correcting
 Anthelios 50 Mineral Tinted Primer Daily Tone Correcting

3.5

Active Ingredients: Titanium Dioxide 25. Inactive ingredients: Dimethicone, C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate, Dicaprylyl Ether, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Talc, Triethylhexanoin, Isohexadecane, Styrene/Acrylates Copolymer, Hydrogenated Jojoba Oil, Aluminum Hydroxide, Stearic Acid, Aluminum Stearate, Iron Oxides, Silica Silylate, Alumina, Polyhydroxystearic Acid, PEG-8 Laurate, Tocopherol, Water, Diethylhexyl Syringylidenemalonate, Laureth-4, Disodium Stearoyl Glutamate, Cassia Alata Leaf Extract, Maltodextrin, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride

on 10/5/2017 6:39:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse

Living in AZ, sometimes SPF 30 is likely not high enough, even for minimal outdoor activities. If I'm going to be outside even for a short amount of time, I try to use SPF 50. This primer gives me the option to have primer and SPF 50 AND minerals (I can't use most non-physical sunscreens). This is tinted, probably because it's so thick. It doesn't have Zinc, only Titanium Dioxide, but this is like kindergarten paste. I have to "push" it on to my skin, and if I'm not thsuper careful when blending, it crumbles all over the place. The tint does nothing for me except ensure that I must use foundation over this. While it might not be solid white, it's still way lighter than my skin, so it has a sort of Goth Matte look. Luckily it doesn't crease. In a perfect world, I wouldn't buy this stuff, because it's not ideal by a long shot. But it does have SPF 50, and it does eliminate the need for even more layers on my face. This is not as sticky as the tinted liquid SPF 50 with Titanium Dioxide, and this does have some oil-control properties for my skin. Here in the US, if, like me, you can't use Avobenzone, you don't have many cosmetically elegant options. The big corporations control what gets put where, and they don't like competition; especially when that competition would come from superior ingredients. I tried Cotz and Supergoop! and this was still the best of all possible worlds. My "everyday" SPF is EltaMD SPF 46, but that has to be reapplied if I'm outside. One thing I can say for Anthelios 50 is that it has staying power! I think it's semi-waterproof.

on 1/8/2017 4:08:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm

I'm going on vacation to sunny Hawaii & want an easy routine with minimal time spent getting ready. So I bought this 3-in-1 sunscreen/primer/skin tint so I could save a couple of steps! This La Roche Posay Anthelios 50 Mineral Tinted Primer, has a neutral light beige color that slightly evens out my NC30/35 skin. I just need a tiny bit of concealer & powder to set.

There's no white cast, but my face does look a bit more "grey". BUT it does leave a nice matte, slightly powdery, silicone finish. Pores totally disappear, skin looks soft, & it makes a good base for LIGHT makeup. I would not wear foundation over this because it would look too cakey.

Unfortunately, I spend more time applying, than if I were to layer on a tinted sunscreen & primer separately! This cream formula is SO THICK like a hard paste. It can look cakey if you don't take time to blend it in (almost like a cream foundation). I love the concept, but I would not repurchase; I want something more effortless to apply.