Maybelline DREAM BRIGHTENING CREAMY CONCEALER

Maybelline DREAM BRIGHTENING CREAMY CONCEALER

3.0

on 10/22/2017 10:10:00 PM

I really love most of Maybelline products and this concealer looks like a good thing but I was not too impressed as it's not very blendable or creamy as a name says. Wearing moisturizer underneath this is imperative especially if you're going to use it under the eyes. I don't know if I would buy this again.

Was left a bit disappointed with this product altho the price is amazing ofcourse. I found it very thick and could not blend it easily at all, after a short while is behind to crease and actually ages the eye area in my opinion, so now I use it as a back up base for under eye shadow

I thought this looked interesting. A brightening creamy concealer. This is very creamy and smooth to apply, but it blends away to nothing but some fine shimmer! I'd say I have medium range of dark circles. All this seemed to do was accentuate the dark circles because of the sheerness of the formula and the shimmer. Called attention to it. I wouldn't expect this to cover any sort of acne or issues of that sort. Also it wore away very quickly. Not worth trying.

on 5/10/2017 1:04:00 AM

I've tried everything to hide my dark circles. I've even went with the peach, yellow corrector with skin tone concealer over it. This stiff needs nothing else under it!
It covered and brightened the area, I'm so impressed!!#

on 7/30/2017 8:06:00 PM

I love stick concealer because it's so much quicker to put on. This has micro shimmer in it and conceals well

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

It has a good coverage but it is so thick and almost impossible to blend out. Simply a meh product

I use this product on my eyelids on the days that I do not use eyeshadow to brighten up my eyes. I rub it on and then smooth it using my fingers. It acts as a basecoat for my eyeliner.

I love this product its the best drug store brand so far I've bought.Blends well with my skin . At first appearing not to but give it a few gentle pats and,wow. I also notice you can use it for a slight touch up as well.. love it

I have dark undereye circles, which are a nightmare to cover. Finding a good concealer that covers and brightens this area well is a ljfe challenge. When Maybelline came up with their Cushion foundation, I found this next to it and it was something I couldn't get my eyes off. A concealer that claims to brighten your eyes, for this price? I was excited to try it but it was not worth purchasing it, unfortunately. The concealer is creamy, and gives you a decent, light coverage, yet it is not enough to cover my dark undereye circles. Plus, it doesn't last long, even if I set it with the greatest powder. It starts to crease very quickly. All in all: - coverage is weak (I would not use this product for pimples or acne, too) - gets into fine lines, and creases - doesn't last long once applied (and set). You can give it a try if you have not such dark undereye circles and normal skin there. But otherwise I can't recommend this. Maybe next time, Maybelline.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

At first glance, this concealer ticked all my boxes, so I immediately purchased it. The yellow-leaning shade range, the "Brightening" in the product name and its convenient chubby stick format spoke to me. However, as I kept examining the product, I realized, "Doesn't this kind of look like those crappy, rock-hard stick concealers in the lipstick tubes, but simply repackaged in a slightly different format?" And after using it, I do think that is precisely the case.

Okay, so it isn't quite as unyielding as those stick concealers; in fact, it applied buttery (sorry lol) smooth, and the consistency seemed thick enough to cover up my dark circles. Wrong. Right before my very eyes, as I spread the concealer around with my fingers, it blended to absolutely nothing, so I had to go in with multiple layers and repeat the process. I think its maximum possible coverage is around medium at best. If you don't have prominent dark circles, this will be sufficient, but not for me: some purple still peeked through, even with a lot of concealer packed on. With some more testing, I realized a concealer brush works astoundingly better than fingers. The tapping motion I was doing with my fingers was lifting the concealer off my skin, due to the product's somewhat squishier consistency compared to a liquid concealer. With a brush, it didn't take off any product and blended evenly. I still use my fingers to diffuse the edges so it melds with my foundation underneath, however.

Also, the brightening effect comes from sparkles, which of course is not everyone's cup of tea. The sparkles weren't too garish here, since they did seem to blend in with the concealer (it looked more like little iridescent flakes rather than obvious pieces of glitter), so I didn't mind that. It also seemed to crease a little bit, even after setting it with powder. What actually annoyed me the most is the fact that I have to reapply this after just 5 hours or else I look like a sleep-deprived heroin addict. Retouching lipstick is one thing, but concealer? No thanks.

All in all, although I do like the light-reflecting effect this concealer has, it is pretty mediocre overall. My standards have been heightened with so many great concealers in the market and this one simply doesn't make the cut.