Essence Matt Matt Matt Lipstick

Price: $

on 1/4/2018 7:50:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Recently I have bleached my teeth so I had to find matte lipsticks which won't transfer and won't color my teeth
I'm always looking for essence products which agree with me because they're very cheap,easy to access and have cute packaging but I didn't have much chance with some of it's products but I love it's shiny lipglosses so I decided to try it's matte ones.there are only four shades available here.on my lipstick there's sticker which explains it's shade as "03-girl of today" I don't know why it's shade name is different from the one in the picture.it's color is pink with a slight touch of nude and dusky rose
luckily it's lip products tend to be amazing.I bought it for 2.5$ but it has everything I want from a matte lipstick.it's not liquid,more of a mousse like texture and dries quickly.it's color doesn't change after drying.it has a very delicious scent.in my country there's a wafer covered by a layer of chocolate named "taktak" this lipstick smells exactly like taktak and I love this delicious scent.it doesn't become patchy or clumpy on lips and doesn't make my lips dry or flakey
It also has impressive longevity.well,not as long-lasting as waterproof lipsticks but it's there after six hours just like it's first minute and it didn't fade until eating and drinking,even after having a huge meal,just just a small part of it was removed without getting messy
I'm so pleased with it that I will go back and buy other shades

on 12/27/2017 7:44:00 PM

Staying power. Smooth formula. Compliments. What more do you need?? I bought every colour. Better than the expensive brands I own.

on 12/24/2017 10:44:00 PM

Ridiculously good for the price. I paid, what , $1.50 for it with a coupon? It’s great, too. I would have counted it a good purchase for $15 from any mid range makeup line.

The color- 02 Perfect Match- is a lovely MLBB color. Mauve-pink-sorta-nude. It’s not too brown, not too purple, not too pink, not too light. The exact right balance for a not overly made up look.

The texture is great. It does have a hint of satin- which I like. (The true matte bullet lipsticks tend to be a bit cakey and odd.) Yet it is matte enough to wear for a long time for a bullet. I did not need a lip liner, it stayed in place nicely with no creeping into fine lines. It isn’t as crisp as a liquid matte however- for that you would indeed need a liner. I didn’t mind but it is a matter of taste for sure.

Packaging is meh, not hideous but not cute either- but who cares for that price range; as long as the cap stays on in my purse, it’s all good.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have color Perfect Match. This is incredible lipstick at rock bottom prices. I can buy almost 10 of these for the price of one Estee Lauder lipstick. The stay power of this lipstick is better than Estee Lauder.

The formula is thick yet creamy. It is not super matte but it is moisturizing with staying power. I got 9 hours with no retouching. I was impressed. YsL matte dried my lips this dies not for only $3.

The container is simple, elegant, and very streamlined.

This product smells like raspberries. I personally love it, but some people might not like it.

The only complaint is that the lipstick moves in the container and ends up rubbing when twisting up. It didn't break, but be gentle.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

Surprisingly long wearing. I was really impressed. This rivals Maybelline's Colour sensational lines, which are my go to. And you can't beat essence prices.

I got mine in the colour wow effect which was much more of a bright berry pink than I'd thought when I swatched it, while I didn't expect it to be this colour I ended up really loving it. The lipstick is quite matte without being drying or hard and feels smooth, it's not completely transfer proof but in saying that it lasts a good 5 hours without rubbing off. Would definitely repurchase this.

on 5/24/2017 8:30:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I reaaaallllyy like these lipsticks. A lot more than I thought I might.
I have these in three shades - 02 Perfect Match, 03 Wow Effect, and a killer green shade whose name I can't recall but I love it. Perfect Match is a gorgeous mauve nude, which looks very flattering against a variety of skin tones. Unfortunately, I'm a dope and left it in my gym bag in my car. All day. In the South. So it melted and got a weird oily wax covering it, so I'll need to replace it. (Not a big deal at $2.99 a pop!) Wow Effect is my favorite though. It's a pretty, neutral pink shade that brightens up my whole look without making too much of a statement. Don't get me wrong, I love a good, bold lip. But this is perfect for days when I want to keep it more toned down. It makes my teeth look whiter too.
The formula is smooth, buttery, and non-drying. It's mostly matte, but has a wee bit of a satin touch to it that makes it look really flattering on the lips, with no accentuation of lines or dry spots. It's mostly opaque with one coat, but I always apply multiple coats no matter what lipstick I'm wearing, blotting on a tissue in between.
The packaging is pretty and of good quality. It's sturdy, the bullet swivels all the way down, and I appreciate the color-coordinated cap! I love just tossing these in my bag on days where I'm feeling fickle with my lip color and want options, and I know they won't open up and ruin everything, haha!
At $2.99 per tube, I am sort of taken aback at how good these are. For something that cheap to perform that beautifully is really special. These beat the Milani Moisture Matte lipsticks for drugstore mattes, if you ask me.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Mm..mm! These are so soft and silky! They are just what you need when you want some color but nothing fussy. I have Wow Effect and on me it is a mauvy pink (leaning VERY cool)...it gives me that rosebud looking lip. It actually looks really pretty without lip liner..just pop it on and go!

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I own almost all of these and they are really excellent. I have written detailed individual reviews for many of them if you look them up here.

In general, these are creamy, thick, opaquely pigmented semi-mattes with a classic yet modern selection of shades. Don't miss shades 2-Perfect Match and 3-Wow Effect if you only want to try a couple of more modern/sophisticated colors.

These are similar to WnW's MegaLast line with much better packaging (bullet is pointed, swivels down all the way, better case) but they don't last quite as long generally. They also have a fruity/sweet scent that isn't my favorite (MegaLast is unscented), but I live with it.

These are $4.50 at Shopper's here in Canada. I highly recommend you check them out.

on 4/5/2017 9:32:00 AM

I have the shade 02 Beauty - approved! which looked nice and nude, brown with a hint of pink in it. When I applied it on my lips, it looked - orange?!

In order to somehow fix it, I apply it on my lips and then tap it away using a tissue/toilet paper. By doing this, the orange fades away, and I remain with a somewhat brownish nude.

The lipstick is creamy, and not matt at all. It doesn't dry, and if you apply too much, it looks weird. The finish is velvety. The staying power is weak.

Some people might probably notice the smell - it's strong, weird and unusual, I've never smelled something like it; but; I do like it.

Popular Lipsticks