Essence Matt Matt Matt Lipstick

Filtered by hair type : Straight
Essence Matt Matt Matt Lipstick

3.0

on 4/5/2017 9:32:00 AM

I have the shade 02 Beauty - approved! which looked nice and nude, brown with a hint of pink in it. When I applied it on my lips, it looked - orange?!

In order to somehow fix it, I apply it on my lips and then tap it away using a tissue/toilet paper. By doing this, the orange fades away, and I remain with a somewhat brownish nude.

The lipstick is creamy, and not matt at all. It doesn't dry, and if you apply too much, it looks weird. The finish is velvety. The staying power is weak.

Some people might probably notice the smell - it's strong, weird and unusual, I've never smelled something like it; but; I do like it.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Not sure if this is a new collection from Essence Cosmetics brand but I just found it in the store recently. Totally impulse purchase and I love it. The formula is so soft, buttery and super lightweight. Pigmentation is excellent. It's not a complete matte, it has a slight sheen to it, moisturizing enough even if you don't have any lip balm before applying this. Totally impressed! Being a drugstore cosmetics, I didn't expect this to last long on my lips, but if I don't eat or drink anything, I believe this lipstick is good for 6-7 hours. But please expect that this lipstick bleeds on the edge of your lips, also it didn't stay put. It's also transfer and could be messy if you're not careful. Well, it's priced at RM15.90 in Malaysia, so I never expect this to be as good as the high end brands. Oh, forgot to mention that this lipstick has a very nice scent. It smells exactly like my Bond 007 fragrance.