Essence Matt Matt Matt Lipstick

Filtered by skin tone : Fair-Medium
Essence Matt Matt Matt Lipstick

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

Surprisingly long wearing. I was really impressed. This rivals Maybelline's Colour sensational lines, which are my go to. And you can't beat essence prices.

on 5/24/2017 8:30:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I reaaaallllyy like these lipsticks. A lot more than I thought I might.
I have these in three shades - 02 Perfect Match, 03 Wow Effect, and a killer green shade whose name I can't recall but I love it. Perfect Match is a gorgeous mauve nude, which looks very flattering against a variety of skin tones. Unfortunately, I'm a dope and left it in my gym bag in my car. All day. In the South. So it melted and got a weird oily wax covering it, so I'll need to replace it. (Not a big deal at $2.99 a pop!) Wow Effect is my favorite though. It's a pretty, neutral pink shade that brightens up my whole look without making too much of a statement. Don't get me wrong, I love a good, bold lip. But this is perfect for days when I want to keep it more toned down. It makes my teeth look whiter too.
The formula is smooth, buttery, and non-drying. It's mostly matte, but has a wee bit of a satin touch to it that makes it look really flattering on the lips, with no accentuation of lines or dry spots. It's mostly opaque with one coat, but I always apply multiple coats no matter what lipstick I'm wearing, blotting on a tissue in between.
The packaging is pretty and of good quality. It's sturdy, the bullet swivels all the way down, and I appreciate the color-coordinated cap! I love just tossing these in my bag on days where I'm feeling fickle with my lip color and want options, and I know they won't open up and ruin everything, haha!
At $2.99 per tube, I am sort of taken aback at how good these are. For something that cheap to perform that beautifully is really special. These beat the Milani Moisture Matte lipsticks for drugstore mattes, if you ask me.

on 4/5/2017 9:32:00 AM

I have the shade 02 Beauty - approved! which looked nice and nude, brown with a hint of pink in it. When I applied it on my lips, it looked - orange?!

In order to somehow fix it, I apply it on my lips and then tap it away using a tissue/toilet paper. By doing this, the orange fades away, and I remain with a somewhat brownish nude.

The lipstick is creamy, and not matt at all. It doesn't dry, and if you apply too much, it looks weird. The finish is velvety. The staying power is weak.

Some people might probably notice the smell - it's strong, weird and unusual, I've never smelled something like it; but; I do like it.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

Despite the name, these lipsticks are anything but Matt Matt Matt. They're actually quite creamy with a semi-matte finish which means they're not drying. My mature lips can't wear true matte lipsticks anymore so these are perfect.

I have two shades:
03 - Wow Effect
05 - Redy or Not

Wow Effect is a pinky/brown that's perfect for an every day look whereas Redy or Not is a blue based cherry/pink red. They both go on beautifully without tugging and the pigment is decent.
Staying power is so so and both are gone after a cup of coffee.

The price point can't be beat at $4.49 CAD per tube.

Essence has a lot of hidden gems and these lipsticks are worth checking out.