Essence Matt Matt Matt Lipstick

Price: $

Price: $

on 5/24/2017 8:30:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I reaaaallllyy like these lipsticks. A lot more than I thought I might.
I have these in three shades - 02 Perfect Match, 03 Wow Effect, and a killer green shade whose name I can't recall but I love it. Perfect Match is a gorgeous mauve nude, which looks very flattering against a variety of skin tones. Unfortunately, I'm a dope and left it in my gym bag in my car. All day. In the South. So it melted and got a weird oily wax covering it, so I'll need to replace it. (Not a big deal at $2.99 a pop!) Wow Effect is my favorite though. It's a pretty, neutral pink shade that brightens up my whole look without making too much of a statement. Don't get me wrong, I love a good, bold lip. But this is perfect for days when I want to keep it more toned down. It makes my teeth look whiter too.
The formula is smooth, buttery, and non-drying. It's mostly matte, but has a wee bit of a satin touch to it that makes it look really flattering on the lips, with no accentuation of lines or dry spots. It's mostly opaque with one coat, but I always apply multiple coats no matter what lipstick I'm wearing, blotting on a tissue in between.
The packaging is pretty and of good quality. It's sturdy, the bullet swivels all the way down, and I appreciate the color-coordinated cap! I love just tossing these in my bag on days where I'm feeling fickle with my lip color and want options, and I know they won't open up and ruin everything, haha!
At $2.99 per tube, I am sort of taken aback at how good these are. For something that cheap to perform that beautifully is really special. These beat the Milani Moisture Matte lipsticks for drugstore mattes, if you ask me.