Essence Matt Matt Matt Lipstick

Filtered by skin type : Combination
Essence Matt Matt Matt Lipstick

3.8

I got mine in the colour wow effect which was much more of a bright berry pink than I'd thought when I swatched it, while I didn't expect it to be this colour I ended up really loving it. The lipstick is quite matte without being drying or hard and feels smooth, it's not completely transfer proof but in saying that it lasts a good 5 hours without rubbing off. Would definitely repurchase this.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I own almost all of these and they are really excellent. I have written detailed individual reviews for many of them if you look them up here.

In general, these are creamy, thick, opaquely pigmented semi-mattes with a classic yet modern selection of shades. Don't miss shades 2-Perfect Match and 3-Wow Effect if you only want to try a couple of more modern/sophisticated colors.

These are similar to WnW's MegaLast line with much better packaging (bullet is pointed, swivels down all the way, better case) but they don't last quite as long generally. They also have a fruity/sweet scent that isn't my favorite (MegaLast is unscented), but I live with it.

These are $4.50 at Shopper's here in Canada. I highly recommend you check them out.

on 4/5/2017 9:32:00 AM

I have the shade 02 Beauty - approved! which looked nice and nude, brown with a hint of pink in it. When I applied it on my lips, it looked - orange?!

In order to somehow fix it, I apply it on my lips and then tap it away using a tissue/toilet paper. By doing this, the orange fades away, and I remain with a somewhat brownish nude.

The lipstick is creamy, and not matt at all. It doesn't dry, and if you apply too much, it looks weird. The finish is velvety. The staying power is weak.

Some people might probably notice the smell - it's strong, weird and unusual, I've never smelled something like it; but; I do like it.

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

I bought 02 "Perfect Match" for only $5.05 CAD. It's an exact DUPE for "Sephora13" Liquid Lipstick at a 3rd of the price. Totally pigmented, covers my imperfections & lasts hours. Oh, & does NOT dry my lips out. The packaging is nice too. The cover is the color of the lipstick itself. Will certainly re-purchase more colors in this line.