essence Matt Matt Matt Lipstick

Filtered by skin tone : Other
essence Matt Matt Matt Lipstick
Matt Matt Matt Lipstick

on 4/21/2018 5:06:00 PM

I am new to Essence cosmetics but am impressed with what I have tried so far. Recently I raved about their Barely There lipstick which is a really nice mauve pink color. I placed another order and this time ordered a matte lipstick in the shade Perfect Match. Whoa! For me this is a perfect match, it is similar in color to Barely There but a hair less pink which is actually better for me. Some pinks make my teeth appear not their whitest so I tend to stay away from pink altogether. But this is a true MLBB color for me, I like a lot.

This though is probably my perfect pink, odd because I thought I found it in Barely There. Well, now I have two great pinks! Perfect Match is more matte though it's probably not a true matte, somewhere in the middle but Barely There is shinier where Perfect Match is not.

5 stars for this one...I am going to order another one, maybe two more from Essence. Shoot, maybe I will try a different color in this line. Anyway, I am glad I tried this, I honestly thought it may not work for me, too pink maybe but I am glad that I am wrong.

on 12/24/2017 10:44:00 PM

Ridiculously good for the price. I paid, what , $1.50 for it with a coupon? It’s great, too. I would have counted it a good purchase for $15 from any mid range makeup line.

The color- 02 Perfect Match- is a lovely MLBB color. Mauve-pink-sorta-nude. It’s not too brown, not too purple, not too pink, not too light. The exact right balance for a not overly made up look.

The texture is great. It does have a hint of satin- which I like. (The true matte bullet lipsticks tend to be a bit cakey and odd.) Yet it is matte enough to wear for a long time for a bullet. I did not need a lip liner, it stayed in place nicely with no creeping into fine lines. It isn’t as crisp as a liquid matte however- for that you would indeed need a liner. I didn’t mind but it is a matter of taste for sure.

Packaging is meh, not hideous but not cute either- but who cares for that price range; as long as the cap stays on in my purse, it’s all good.