Essence Matt Matt Matt Lipstick

4.2

on 7/29/2018 6:51:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Not bad but not great either. It is very matte but not long-lasting. The colors offered are less than impressive. I’ll use the tube up that I got but probably will not repurchase.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

This lipstick gets everywhere, way too much even for a stick lipstick. It got on my teeth several times and somehow my cheeks, it just has too much slip. However it did not look bad on the lips even with the extensive transfer. Really a shame because the colors are gorgeous and the application is an absolute dream.

I love these lipsticks! Great formula and great price! They are Matte but hydrating and not drying at all! I have a lot of the shades but 02 is my favourite! It’s a dupe for Macs Velvet Teddy!’

on 4/21/2018 5:06:00 PM

I am new to Essence cosmetics but am impressed with what I have tried so far. Recently I raved about their Barely There lipstick which is a really nice mauve pink color. I placed another order and this time ordered a matte lipstick in the shade Perfect Match. Whoa! For me this is a perfect match, it is similar in color to Barely There but a hair less pink which is actually better for me. Some pinks make my teeth appear not their whitest so I tend to stay away from pink altogether. But this is a true MLBB color for me, I like a lot.

This though is probably my perfect pink, odd because I thought I found it in Barely There. Well, now I have two great pinks! Perfect Match is more matte though it's probably not a true matte, somewhere in the middle but Barely There is shinier where Perfect Match is not.

5 stars for this one...I am going to order another one, maybe two more from Essence. Shoot, maybe I will try a different color in this line. Anyway, I am glad I tried this, I honestly thought it may not work for me, too pink maybe but I am glad that I am wrong.

on 1/4/2018 7:50:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Recently I have bleached my teeth so I had to find matte lipsticks which won't transfer and won't color my teeth
I'm always looking for essence products which agree with me because they're very cheap,easy to access and have cute packaging but I didn't have much chance with some of it's products but I love it's shiny lipglosses so I decided to try it's matte ones.there are only four shades available here.on my lipstick there's sticker which explains it's shade as "03-girl of today" I don't know why it's shade name is different from the one in the picture.it's color is pink with a slight touch of nude and dusky rose
luckily it's lip products tend to be amazing.I bought it for 2.5$ but it has everything I want from a matte lipstick.it's not liquid,more of a mousse like texture and dries quickly.it's color doesn't change after drying.it has a very delicious scent.in my country there's a wafer covered by a layer of chocolate named "taktak" this lipstick smells exactly like taktak and I love this delicious scent.it doesn't become patchy or clumpy on lips and doesn't make my lips dry or flakey
It also has impressive longevity.well,not as long-lasting as waterproof lipsticks but it's there after six hours just like it's first minute and it didn't fade until eating and drinking,even after having a huge meal,just just a small part of it was removed without getting messy
I'm so pleased with it that I will go back and buy other shades

on 12/27/2017 7:44:00 PM

Staying power. Smooth formula. Compliments. What more do you need?? I bought every colour. Better than the expensive brands I own.

on 12/24/2017 10:44:00 PM

Ridiculously good for the price. I paid, what , $1.50 for it with a coupon? It’s great, too. I would have counted it a good purchase for $15 from any mid range makeup line.

The color- 02 Perfect Match- is a lovely MLBB color. Mauve-pink-sorta-nude. It’s not too brown, not too purple, not too pink, not too light. The exact right balance for a not overly made up look.

The texture is great. It does have a hint of satin- which I like. (The true matte bullet lipsticks tend to be a bit cakey and odd.) Yet it is matte enough to wear for a long time for a bullet. I did not need a lip liner, it stayed in place nicely with no creeping into fine lines. It isn’t as crisp as a liquid matte however- for that you would indeed need a liner. I didn’t mind but it is a matter of taste for sure.

Packaging is meh, not hideous but not cute either- but who cares for that price range; as long as the cap stays on in my purse, it’s all good.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have color Perfect Match. This is incredible lipstick at rock bottom prices. I can buy almost 10 of these for the price of one Estee Lauder lipstick. The stay power of this lipstick is better than Estee Lauder.

The formula is thick yet creamy. It is not super matte but it is moisturizing with staying power. I got 9 hours with no retouching. I was impressed. YsL matte dried my lips this dies not for only $3.

The container is simple, elegant, and very streamlined.

This product smells like raspberries. I personally love it, but some people might not like it.

The only complaint is that the lipstick moves in the container and ends up rubbing when twisting up. It didn't break, but be gentle.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

Surprisingly long wearing. I was really impressed. This rivals Maybelline's Colour sensational lines, which are my go to. And you can't beat essence prices.

I got mine in the colour wow effect which was much more of a bright berry pink than I'd thought when I swatched it, while I didn't expect it to be this colour I ended up really loving it. The lipstick is quite matte without being drying or hard and feels smooth, it's not completely transfer proof but in saying that it lasts a good 5 hours without rubbing off. Would definitely repurchase this.