Essence Matt Matt Matt Lipstick

Filtered by age: 44-55
Essence Matt Matt Matt Lipstick
Matt Matt Matt Lipstick

on 4/21/2018 5:06:00 PM

I am new to Essence cosmetics but am impressed with what I have tried so far. Recently I raved about their Barely There lipstick which is a really nice mauve pink color. I placed another order and this time ordered a matte lipstick in the shade Perfect Match. Whoa! For me this is a perfect match, it is similar in color to Barely There but a hair less pink which is actually better for me. Some pinks make my teeth appear not their whitest so I tend to stay away from pink altogether. But this is a true MLBB color for me, I like a lot.

This though is probably my perfect pink, odd because I thought I found it in Barely There. Well, now I have two great pinks! Perfect Match is more matte though it's probably not a true matte, somewhere in the middle but Barely There is shinier where Perfect Match is not.

5 stars for this one...I am going to order another one, maybe two more from Essence. Shoot, maybe I will try a different color in this line. Anyway, I am glad I tried this, I honestly thought it may not work for me, too pink maybe but I am glad that I am wrong.

on 12/27/2017 7:44:00 PM

Staying power. Smooth formula. Compliments. What more do you need?? I bought every colour. Better than the expensive brands I own.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

Despite the name, these lipsticks are anything but Matt Matt Matt. They're actually quite creamy with a semi-matte finish which means they're not drying. My mature lips can't wear true matte lipsticks anymore so these are perfect.

I have two shades:
03 - Wow Effect
05 - Redy or Not

Wow Effect is a pinky/brown that's perfect for an every day look whereas Redy or Not is a blue based cherry/pink red. They both go on beautifully without tugging and the pigment is decent.
Staying power is so so and both are gone after a cup of coffee.

The price point can't be beat at $4.49 CAD per tube.

Essence has a lot of hidden gems and these lipsticks are worth checking out.