Essence Matt Matt Matt Lipstick

Essence Matt Matt Matt Lipstick

4.3

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

Surprisingly long wearing. I was really impressed. This rivals Maybelline's Colour sensational lines, which are my go to. And you can't beat essence prices.

on 5/24/2017 8:30:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I reaaaallllyy like these lipsticks. A lot more than I thought I might.
I have these in three shades - 02 Perfect Match, 03 Wow Effect, and a killer green shade whose name I can't recall but I love it. Perfect Match is a gorgeous mauve nude, which looks very flattering against a variety of skin tones. Unfortunately, I'm a dope and left it in my gym bag in my car. All day. In the South. So it melted and got a weird oily wax covering it, so I'll need to replace it. (Not a big deal at $2.99 a pop!) Wow Effect is my favorite though. It's a pretty, neutral pink shade that brightens up my whole look without making too much of a statement. Don't get me wrong, I love a good, bold lip. But this is perfect for days when I want to keep it more toned down. It makes my teeth look whiter too.
The formula is smooth, buttery, and non-drying. It's mostly matte, but has a wee bit of a satin touch to it that makes it look really flattering on the lips, with no accentuation of lines or dry spots. It's mostly opaque with one coat, but I always apply multiple coats no matter what lipstick I'm wearing, blotting on a tissue in between.
The packaging is pretty and of good quality. It's sturdy, the bullet swivels all the way down, and I appreciate the color-coordinated cap! I love just tossing these in my bag on days where I'm feeling fickle with my lip color and want options, and I know they won't open up and ruin everything, haha!
At $2.99 per tube, I am sort of taken aback at how good these are. For something that cheap to perform that beautifully is really special. These beat the Milani Moisture Matte lipsticks for drugstore mattes, if you ask me.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Not sure if this is a new collection from Essence Cosmetics brand but I just found it in the store recently. Totally impulse purchase and I love it. The formula is so soft, buttery and super lightweight. Pigmentation is excellent. It's not a complete matte, it has a slight sheen to it, moisturizing enough even if you don't have any lip balm before applying this. Totally impressed! Being a drugstore cosmetics, I didn't expect this to last long on my lips, but if I don't eat or drink anything, I believe this lipstick is good for 6-7 hours. But please expect that this lipstick bleeds on the edge of your lips, also it didn't stay put. It's also transfer and could be messy if you're not careful. Well, it's priced at RM15.90 in Malaysia, so I never expect this to be as good as the high end brands. Oh, forgot to mention that this lipstick has a very nice scent. It smells exactly like my Bond 007 fragrance.