Essence Matt Matt Matt Lipstick

Essence Matt Matt Matt Lipstick
Matt Matt Matt Lipstick

4.2

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

This lipstick gets everywhere, way too much even for a stick lipstick. It got on my teeth several times and somehow my cheeks, it just has too much slip. However it did not look bad on the lips even with the extensive transfer. Really a shame because the colors are gorgeous and the application is an absolute dream.

on 4/5/2017 9:32:00 AM

I have the shade 02 Beauty - approved! which looked nice and nude, brown with a hint of pink in it. When I applied it on my lips, it looked - orange?!

In order to somehow fix it, I apply it on my lips and then tap it away using a tissue/toilet paper. By doing this, the orange fades away, and I remain with a somewhat brownish nude.

The lipstick is creamy, and not matt at all. It doesn't dry, and if you apply too much, it looks weird. The finish is velvety. The staying power is weak.

Some people might probably notice the smell - it's strong, weird and unusual, I've never smelled something like it; but; I do like it.

on 7/29/2018 6:51:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Not bad but not great either. It is very matte but not long-lasting. The colors offered are less than impressive. I’ll use the tube up that I got but probably will not repurchase.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

Surprisingly long wearing. I was really impressed. This rivals Maybelline's Colour sensational lines, which are my go to. And you can't beat essence prices.

I got mine in the colour wow effect which was much more of a bright berry pink than I'd thought when I swatched it, while I didn't expect it to be this colour I ended up really loving it. The lipstick is quite matte without being drying or hard and feels smooth, it's not completely transfer proof but in saying that it lasts a good 5 hours without rubbing off. Would definitely repurchase this.

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

I bought 02 "Perfect Match" for only $5.05 CAD. It's an exact DUPE for "Sephora13" Liquid Lipstick at a 3rd of the price. Totally pigmented, covers my imperfections & lasts hours. Oh, & does NOT dry my lips out. The packaging is nice too. The cover is the color of the lipstick itself. Will certainly re-purchase more colors in this line.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Not sure if this is a new collection from Essence Cosmetics brand but I just found it in the store recently. Totally impulse purchase and I love it. The formula is so soft, buttery and super lightweight. Pigmentation is excellent. It's not a complete matte, it has a slight sheen to it, moisturizing enough even if you don't have any lip balm before applying this. Totally impressed! Being a drugstore cosmetics, I didn't expect this to last long on my lips, but if I don't eat or drink anything, I believe this lipstick is good for 6-7 hours. But please expect that this lipstick bleeds on the edge of your lips, also it didn't stay put. It's also transfer and could be messy if you're not careful. Well, it's priced at RM15.90 in Malaysia, so I never expect this to be as good as the high end brands. Oh, forgot to mention that this lipstick has a very nice scent. It smells exactly like my Bond 007 fragrance.

I love these lipsticks! Great formula and great price! They are Matte but hydrating and not drying at all! I have a lot of the shades but 02 is my favourite! It’s a dupe for Macs Velvet Teddy!’

on 4/21/2018 5:06:00 PM

I am new to Essence cosmetics but am impressed with what I have tried so far. Recently I raved about their Barely There lipstick which is a really nice mauve pink color. I placed another order and this time ordered a matte lipstick in the shade Perfect Match. Whoa! For me this is a perfect match, it is similar in color to Barely There but a hair less pink which is actually better for me. Some pinks make my teeth appear not their whitest so I tend to stay away from pink altogether. But this is a true MLBB color for me, I like a lot.

This though is probably my perfect pink, odd because I thought I found it in Barely There. Well, now I have two great pinks! Perfect Match is more matte though it's probably not a true matte, somewhere in the middle but Barely There is shinier where Perfect Match is not.

5 stars for this one...I am going to order another one, maybe two more from Essence. Shoot, maybe I will try a different color in this line. Anyway, I am glad I tried this, I honestly thought it may not work for me, too pink maybe but I am glad that I am wrong.

on 1/4/2018 7:50:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Recently I have bleached my teeth so I had to find matte lipsticks which won't transfer and won't color my teeth
I'm always looking for essence products which agree with me because they're very cheap,easy to access and have cute packaging but I didn't have much chance with some of it's products but I love it's shiny lipglosses so I decided to try it's matte ones.there are only four shades available here.on my lipstick there's sticker which explains it's shade as "03-girl of today" I don't know why it's shade name is different from the one in the picture.it's color is pink with a slight touch of nude and dusky rose
luckily it's lip products tend to be amazing.I bought it for 2.5$ but it has everything I want from a matte lipstick.it's not liquid,more of a mousse like texture and dries quickly.it's color doesn't change after drying.it has a very delicious scent.in my country there's a wafer covered by a layer of chocolate named "taktak" this lipstick smells exactly like taktak and I love this delicious scent.it doesn't become patchy or clumpy on lips and doesn't make my lips dry or flakey
It also has impressive longevity.well,not as long-lasting as waterproof lipsticks but it's there after six hours just like it's first minute and it didn't fade until eating and drinking,even after having a huge meal,just just a small part of it was removed without getting messy
I'm so pleased with it that I will go back and buy other shades