Kat Von D Alchemist Palette

Alchemist PaletteAlchemist Palette

4.3

on 3/20/2017 5:20:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Finally makeup that's actually got me excited.. hasn't happened in a while. I don't understand why anyone wouldn't like this pallet. They were probably expecting something else. I just got it yesterday and tried if for the first time today, and I'm in love. I have so many inspirational ideas to try. I purchased this for using it on my eyes mainly. I'm not into the whole metallic lip or different lip looks that's have been on trend lately, but I think the pink Opal would look amazing over a light nude pink lip. you don't need a lot at all, a little goes a very long way because if the effect that it gives off... I mean if your into that, this does build up nice. I used the violet on my lid, the green on my lower last line( I wet the brush first and it stands out that much more when used wet.) I don't recommend wetting the product, but using a slightly damp brush works great. Then I used the pink in the inner corners layered over one of my light gold mac pigments ... looked awesome, and then used the pink for highlight... I also added a little of another highlighter with it because it's my first time using a holographic highlight I wanted to ease myself onto it with a more "toned down wearable". look first. Very happy. I think the people who said it wasn't pigmened was expecting it to be a more opaque product. It's not supposed to be like a Huda beauty / Nicole Guerriero ABH highlight- see-it-from-space type of highlight. And I think for the price it's worth it. I don't think I'll ever hit pan on these, unless it's the only highlight your using and you use it everyday you might run out. These have so much more versatility then a highlight that's 50+ and only has 1 shade to work with. You can wear these alone or over so many things. Complete win in my books!! great addition to any makeup lovers/ makeup artists collection.

on 3/11/2017 7:14:00 PM

I had this delivered today from Sephora and was so excited to open this as it looks absolutely stunning on their website but I have to say I was slightly disappointed by the size of it as I was expecting it to be a little bigger for some reason, think the pics are deceiving. Anyway, on to the good bits.... I swatched all of the shades and I was literally rolling all over the floor with pure excitement lol the shades are so pigmented and beautiful that each one I tried I got even more hysterical, they seemed to get better and better. I'm not entirely sure whether this is supposed to be an eyeshadow palette or highlighting palette but I've bought it with the intention of using it as a highlighter and having the bonus of maybe using it on my eyes too. This is my second time using Kat Von D products and I have to say the first time i wasn't overly impressed by her eyeshadow quad but the Alchemist palette is none other than stunning in terms of packaging and quality. I can't wait to really get experimenting with this as I think it's going to be amazing especially with what I've seen so far.

This is an amazing palette. Definitely groundbreaking. The wait for this was worth it. The colors are beautiful and this palette can be used in many different ways. My more detailed review video is below.

on 1/13/2017 4:25:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

I wish I could love this palette! I really wanted to love it! I swatched the highlighters on my hand at Sephora and instantly fell in love. Of course, Sephora was out of the product with it being a new product out on the market. Immediately I went online and put in my order. I got my package in the mail a few days after and was excited to try it out. Sadly, and I mean saaaadly, I put it on my face as I do my regular highlighter and the color did not show up at all. It looked as though I put white highlighter on my face. I know others are saying that you can use it over other products, but it definitely should be able to show up as a highlighter.

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

This is a beautiful set of highlighting powders in pink, green, blue, and purple. They are very pastel and pearly on my pale skin or over white eyeshadow. If you apply them over a darker base or liquid lip they are very bright and beautiful colours - almost a completely different look.

They are meant to be used as highlighters or to layer over eye shadows or lipsticks. If you wear it as a highlighter it goes on with a subtle colour sheen. The colors fade throughout the day after about the 5-6 hour wear point, however you still look highlighted.

On the eyes you definitely need a primer, otherwise they will crease. If you pack them on they do pack quite a punch, or you can just sweep them on for a really subtle glow.

On the lips they were very comfortably and transform your matte liquid lipsticks into a more metallic looking lipstick. They wear a long time and feel very comfortable on the lips.

The pans are pretty tiny compared with Anastasia Beverly Hills but the packaging is beautiful and actually fairly travel sized.

I really love playing with these and think they are super versatile, just be warned they are not the longest lasting.

This is a great palette because I love irridecent duo type highlighters, shadows, etc,. This palette is excellent because it's more meant to be used on top of shadows and lippies. You can use it to highlight but that's not its main purpose though on occasion I will use this to h/l. This does have similarity in colour to the ABH Moonchild palette but thats where it ends for me. I actually prefer the Alchemist palette because I can use the colours as shadows or put them over other shadows for a really cool effect.

The shades are beautiful and the packaging is so cool! The shades are soft and buttery and a little goes a long way. I have been wearing ultra violet on my eyes with pink Opal in the corner and some mascara and I keep getting compliments on it. The purple really makes my green eyes stand out. For me being cool toned these shades work well. They are small about a hair bigger than a quarter but they are not to be used as straight up highlighters. So I prefer to use them as shadows or over shades like black and brown. It makes them look so groovy.

I see this is sold out right now I hope it comes back into stock as this is a great palette if you enjoy your duo and other worldly shades this is an awesome palette to have! I'm really enjoying this. Recommended. :)

on 1/3/2017 12:02:00 AM

This palette is unlike anything else in my collection. I was torn whether to categorize this as an eyeshadow or highlighter palette but then realized that MUA has a category for palettes without having to differentiate what type.

This only has (4) pans in the palette, all of which look light/white in pigment, until you run your brush or finger across and the light catches the pigment causing it to transform. The colors are blue, green, pink and violet, all are iridescent. I know they suggest using for strobing but I am not sure I would look good with green or blue iridescent cheek bones, so I save those for my eyes and lips. The pink and violet are gorgeous on cheeks, nose, Cupid's bow, etc. and on the lips too. All look great in the inner corner of the eyes.

Price wise, the palette is small for $32 USD, the pans are small but not teeny tiny...about an 1" in diameter. When you break it down it's $8/pan and very worth it, IMO. Again, it is unlike anything else I own and I plan to grab another since it's LE.

FYI - just realized that the official name of this is Alchemist not Alchemy, sorry for the typo...I will blame it on Apple autocorrect!