REVLON ColorStay Creme Eyeshadow

REVLON ColorStay Creme Eyeshadow

3.8

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

I have this in 715 Espresso, which is a medium taupe with slight shimmer. This is my favorite everyday no fuss product because I just use my finger to apply and it stays on all day with no creasing or fallout. It does apply a bit sheer, but it's buildable and I like to swipe one layer over my lid and lower lash line then pack on one or two more in my outer corner. This shade is nowhere near as glittery as most in the line but has just enough shimmer to make it dimensional but still work/school appropriate. You do need to use a primer/concealer base though otherwise it starts to fade after a few hours.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I really wanted to love this product, and bought it in the pretty Caramel and Creme Brulee colors. However both are a pain to work with. It applies unevenly and I can't find a way to apply it smoothly with the neat little brush included or my own brushes, even with eyeshadow primer underneath. The texture is rough and tacky, and the glitter is very obvious.

I have the shade 730 (praline), which is a cool toned rose gold shade. It's a waterproof cream eyeshadow that goes on smoothly and stays on my eyelids which btw are quite oily. I like the colour and the shimmer a lot but I don't enjoy the sparse silver glitter particles.

I bought this in Black Currant (dusky purple). It was totally disappointing—too sheer—just looked like glitter gel on the lid. If you pile it on, you can get more color payoff but then it looks cakey/creases. All the usual cream eyeshadow problems.

on 4/10/2018 10:08:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I have 2 of these - Creme Brulee (champagne) and the pink one. I use Creme Brulee for my everyday work makeup -- I just pat it on with my finger, and it gives a nice subtle sheen to the eyelid and looks great with my green eyes. I have hooded eyes, and this shadow lasts basically all day on me without any specific primer underneath (but removes easily with micellar water -- no rubbing required). I love it for travel especially -- I took a beloved MAC quad with me on a trip and all the shadows broke. :( Not a problem with creme shadow! I have previously used the Maybelline Color Tattoos and those are nice as well, but I like the Revlon ones a bit more -- they crease less quickly and don't dry out as fast. I may try other colors later, but I'm happy with Creme Brulee (and whatever the pink one is called) for now. EDIT 10/10/18: I don't know if my pots are drying out or what, but the color doesn't apply smoothly anymore and they're very patchy on my lids. The product in the pot isn't smooth anymore either, kind of a weird flaky texture. I'm going to toss these out, but before I give up completely on cream shadow, I want to try the Maybelline cream pencils and the Charlotte Tilbury eye sticks.

on 3/21/2018 4:56:00 AM

These seem very nice, I purchased #730 yesterday and have played about with it a bit. It's a sheer, shimmery nude rose pink. The perfect natural polished eye look! The pigment intensity isn't very strong - I think the Maybelline Tattoo ones were better in that case. I have "Bad to the Bronze" which is by comparison much thicker and more metallic. This Revlon one seems thinner, sheer but creates a beautiful shimmery wash of colour that sparkles in the sun. I just used my fingers but the brush that comes with it also looks handy. I didn't notice any scent. Guessing they could also be used as a base for other shadows too. I always use eye primer but these seem to dry quickly and set well - it's been over 6 hours so far & no creasing or flaking so far. I would recommend these for people looking for quick, neutral eye shadows that are easy to apply and last all day.

on 3/18/2018 5:39:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Purchased this in the shade Creme Brulee (705). Really like that this provides buildable coverage. Applying 1 coat gives just a subtle sheen - appropriate even for a daytime look. At 2 coats, the impact is almost like a foiled shadow and the effect is fairly close to what I can get using 1 coat of the much more expensive Stila Shimmer and Glow liquid eyeshadow. I like the Stila, but feel it is too intense to pull off during the daytime, so appreciate that this Revlon has the ability to pull off both day and night looks. I don't have oily lids so I almost never bother to use shadow primer and ColorStay lives up to its name - many mornings I can put this on at 7:00 getting ready for work and will find it still is in place when I take off my makeup before bed.

The packaging is pretty nice for a drugstore - small glass jar and within the lid is a surprisingly usable synthetic shadow brush - great for traveling when you don't want to have to pack a separate shadow brush. I'll absolutely try this out in other shades and I would buy this again.

on 2/18/2018 9:07:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I recently purchased this shadow in Creme Brulee and Espresso. I apply it with a small fluffy brush for a nice sheer wash of color. I've worn both a few times and it lasts all day with no creasing for me. I've used a couple of other cream shadows and have had creasing but this doesn't, which is wonderful. I prefer sheer, more natural makeup so these are just perfect for me.

I was very hesitant about using creme eye shadow as I thought it would feel all gross and thick on my eyelids. This stuff is a dream! Goes on super light, can't feel it all....and better yet, it stays on all day! It's fabulous!! I will probably never go back to normal eye shadow again!

on 12/21/2017 12:09:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

After using this product in the shade Black Currant I was left kind of confused. After watching others demo this eyeshadow in other shades, namely Praline, I was shocked by the intensity and beauty and rushed out to get a rather unflattering bright, glittery purple. A fault on my behalf. Still! You get very little product, although the packaging is quite nice. The glass feels luxurious and it even comes with a little brush snapped into the lid which is pretty decent, if I do say so myself. But this color, Black Currant, I'm just not so sure. Swatching it was more glossy and greasy than pigment. Takes a lot of layers to layer up on my lids and really isn't my color, but if you worked with it well and other shades then you could definitely make it look stunning. After experimenting a little bit I found blending it out with a different brush and going on back to layer was the way to go. I mean, okay. But I'm not buying the color again.