La Roche-Posay Toleriane Purifying Foaming Cleanser

La Roche-Posay Toleriane Purifying Foaming Cleanser

1 review

Price: $

Price: $

AQUA / WATER / EAU (LA ROCHE-POSAY PREBIOTIC THERMAL WATER • GLYCERIN • COCO-BETAINE • PROPYLENE GLYCOL • SODIUM COCOYL GLYCINATE • PEG-120 METHYL GLUCOSE DIOLEATE • SODIUM CHLORIDE • CERAMIDE NP • NIACINAMIDE • SODIUM HYDROXIDE • DISODIUM EDTA • CAPRYLOYL GLYCINE • CAPRYLYL GLYCOL • CITRIC ACID • ACRYLATES COPOLYMER

Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

I bought this because I was looking for a non-salicylic acid cleanser that would still keep my skin clear. I'd been using black soap for a long time but it was losing its effectiveness and I was breaking out much more. This is somewhat drying at first, so I started off using it every other day only at night, but after my skin calmed down a bit I worked up to using it both day and night. This is the only change I've made in my routine and it has almost singlehandedly cleared up my skin. I haven't gotten any deep, painful cystic acne since using it, and the only minor eruptions I've seen have been the very occasional tiny little whitehead that is gone within a few hours without a trace. My pores are smaller and my skin is smoother, more even-toned, and less oily overall. I even feel confident enough to go out without any tinted moisturizer or foundation at all, just a little powder to cut down on shine.

I like that this foams up a lot even without using my Clarisonic, and it rinses off very easily without residue. It's a good bargain because the bottle is huge for the price and you don't even need a full pump for each use. It's also easy to decant into a smaller bottle for travel.

When I run out in a few months (I've been using it for about 4 months and am only halfway through the bottle), I'll definitely buy this again.