La Roche-Posay Toleriane Purifying Foaming Cleanser

Filtered by skin type : Acne-prone
La Roche-Posay Toleriane Purifying Foaming Cleanser

4.1

AQUA / WATER / EAU (LA ROCHE-POSAY PREBIOTIC THERMAL WATER • GLYCERIN • COCO-BETAINE • PROPYLENE GLYCOL • SODIUM COCOYL GLYCINATE • PEG-120 METHYL GLUCOSE DIOLEATE • SODIUM CHLORIDE • CERAMIDE NP • NIACINAMIDE • SODIUM HYDROXIDE • DISODIUM EDTA • CAPRYLOYL GLYCINE • CAPRYLYL GLYCOL • CITRIC ACID • ACRYLATES COPOLYMER

on 9/19/2018 11:12:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I like it but it irritates my eyes. I’ll use it on my vagina since it’s fragrance free

My skin has been suffering from awful cysts and breakouts since 11/2017. I have tried 20 plus cleanser and every topical (aczone, tretinoin 0.025, retin A micro 0.06, Doxycycline). in the past 2 months or so, my skin has been stabilizing and improving with the new routine. which consists of this cleanser at night to take off sunscreen and Spectro gel in the morning. Tretinoin turned out to be too harsh for my skin and thus causing overproducing of oil. This cleanser is very gentle, cleans very well, rinses perfectly with no residue. initially left my skin a little dry, but my skin has adjusted to it, I started with a small amount first, and now I've increased to normal dime size. Works with my clarisonic, but foams a bit while used with clarisonic, so sometimes I find I get suds in my mouth. but that's not a big deal for me. below is a routine that seems working for me.

1) Spectro in the morning (not like everyday, if my face didn't feel oil or too dry, I just use water)
2) EvanHealy Lavender Hydrosol
3) Wait 2 minutes until skin is dry to minimize irritation per my dermatologist
4) BP 10% (introduce slowly because this will dry out skin initially)
5) AHA 10% lotion from my derm, but if you don't have a lotion you like, Peter Thomas Roth's Ultra Lite Oil Free Moisturizer has worked for me
6) Sunscreen: I have tried 15 + brands, and the following work well, so give them a try (Jack Black Oil Free Sun Guard, Paula's Choice Balancing Sunscreen SPF30, Anessa Sunscreen milk Spf 30 the blue bottle (my family bought it for me from overseas, I believe you can get them on amazon or ebay, but there are lots of fakes out there, so be careful)
7) I don't wear makeup, when absolutely necessary, I conceal with Smashbox oil free concealer and Shu Uemura Compact lightbulb Powder SPF 30

Night routine
1) La Roche Posay Purifying Foaming Cleanser with Clarisonic
2) Evan Healy Lavender Hydrosoul
3) Wait for skin to dry
4) BP spot treat (BP MUST GO BEFORE ACZONE if using together)
5) Aczone
4) Drunk Elephant AHA/BHA serum/AHA 10% lotion Alternating, NEVER ON THE SAME NIGHT.
5) Tretinoin 0.025 Spot treat, or once a week by itself with nothing else listed above. if skin is dry, I buffer with PTR moisturizer.

This is my HG cleanser. I live in a humid hot area and this cleanse my oily dehydrated skin perfectly. However, there is not a lot of reviews online. I feel like this should deserve a lot of raves on. It also removes makeup. For $18 with 400ml, this is a bargain. LRP, please keep on making this product! I love it so much and can't imagine life without it.

I bought this cleanser after reading such great reviews. Unfortunately it broke me out terribly. If coconut oil breaks you out, beware it has an ingredient called coco -betaine which is derived from coconut oil. If not this foams really nicely. I wanted to love it.

on 1/29/2018 3:13:00 PM

I can't find CeraVe in Chile when I'm here but I love this even more! No parabens or bad stuff and less drying than CeraVe Foaming Cleanser in any case. Plus, the bottle and label are sturdier and look better in the bathroom, which doesn't hurt. I see one bottle lasting me at least 6-9 months.

I'm about finished with my first bottle of this and about to buy my second so I figured it's time for a review. I like this cleanser because it doesn't have fragrance, doesn't dry my skin out, and removes makeup. I can even use it around my eyes and it doesn't burn or sting. I wash with this at nighttime. I do a double cleanse just to make sure it gets all my makeup off. I'm currently on acne medications so I like that this preps my skin for those without irritating it or drying it out. This is about $15 at the drugstore but it's a huge bottle so it will last you awhile. I like the pump packaging also. Love this stuff and I will continue to repurchase.

on 6/12/2017 11:11:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

Big fan of this cleanser and I will repurchase. Soap free, fragrance free, chemical free, everything-free cleanser that works well to remove dirt, oil and makeup without conflicting with any of the other acne treatments I have to use. I used to think I needed a benzoyl or salicylic based cleanser for my acne but my dermatologist recommended a cleaner with none of those ingredients. It's working out will so far.It is gentle and doesn't dry out my skin.