La Roche-Posay Toleriane Purifying Foaming Cleanser

La Roche-Posay Toleriane Purifying Foaming Cleanser

4.5

AQUA / WATER / EAU (LA ROCHE-POSAY PREBIOTIC THERMAL WATER • GLYCERIN • COCO-BETAINE • PROPYLENE GLYCOL • SODIUM COCOYL GLYCINATE • PEG-120 METHYL GLUCOSE DIOLEATE • SODIUM CHLORIDE • CERAMIDE NP • NIACINAMIDE • SODIUM HYDROXIDE • DISODIUM EDTA • CAPRYLOYL GLYCINE • CAPRYLYL GLYCOL • CITRIC ACID • ACRYLATES COPOLYMER

on 9/19/2018 11:12:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I like it but it irritates my eyes. I’ll use it on my vagina since it’s fragrance free

Simply put, the La Roche-Posay Toleriane Purifying Foaming Cleanser is one of the best basic facial washes on the market and beats a lot of the fancy high end stuff they sell at Sephora. I have repurchased this cleanser 4x and will probably continue to do so. I am a bit of a product junkie but when it comes to my skincare I like to keep things relatively simple yet effective. Once I started caring about my skin and actually paying attention to how it reacted to different products I began to go on the hunt for my perfect facial cleansers, moisturizers, toners, night creams etc. I've stopped using drugstore brands like Neutrogena, L'Oreal and Garnier because their newer products are gimmicky, overpriced and quite frankly suck. I used to think La Roche-Posay was some kind of clinical brand that was exclusive to European pharmacies but when they started carrying the line at my local Target I got super excited and was very keen to try their products. So far I have been impressed with nearly everything I have tried from them because they deliver consistently high quality formulas with no-fuss packaging at decent prices. This formula truly is purifying and leaves my skin very clean without the stripped sensation afterwards. It is also one of the few cleansers that seems to clear up existing pimples and keep breakouts at bay.

Side note: The La Roche-Posay Pigmentclar Dark Spot Brightening Foaming Cream Facial Cleanser with LHA is also an amazing cleanser. Check out that one if you are looking for a cleanser that contains topical exfoliation ingredients.

This has become my HG makeup removing wash! I love how it takes away all traces of makeup off my face while still being gentle on my skin and maintaining a good ph level unlike other cleansers that just make your skin feel tight or overly dry. Being in my early 30’s i feel like my skin has been shifting from oily to being more on the combination side but this cleanser never leaves me with those rough patches yet keeps the oily parts at bay while leaving my skin feeling super clean. I also like that unlike other washes who like to claim that they are also for “removing makeup on the eyes” this one actually does not sting them!! So unless you use waterproof mascara, you can use this to get it all off and not take the extra steps (and time ) with using eye makeup removers before washing up. When i was in my twenties cetaphil and neutrogena’s gentle cleanser worked well for me but like i mentioned earlier, getting older and having my skin change i feel that this wash is more up my alley Since it regulates your skins pH levels. The packaging is convenient as well the pump always gives you just the right amount of product without being wasteful and has never clogged on me. You also get quite a bit or atleast a little more than usual washes contain 13.52 oz to be exact so it should last you quite a while. and even though it might not be a big deal to some, having limited space in my bathroom cabinets I appreciate the simplicity of the packaging. It is a taller cylindrical shape that fits easily with my other products compared to some other washes i have owned that design their bottles to be unnecessarily bulky, wide or squared.
Bottom line, It may be pricy compared to regular drugstore face washes but if you are in your 30’s or older or if you have combo skin and just need a wash that will help keep it balanced I’d say it’s definitely worth every extra dollar

My skin has been suffering from awful cysts and breakouts since 11/2017. I have tried 20 plus cleanser and every topical (aczone, tretinoin 0.025, retin A micro 0.06, Doxycycline). in the past 2 months or so, my skin has been stabilizing and improving with the new routine. which consists of this cleanser at night to take off sunscreen and Spectro gel in the morning. Tretinoin turned out to be too harsh for my skin and thus causing overproducing of oil. This cleanser is very gentle, cleans very well, rinses perfectly with no residue. initially left my skin a little dry, but my skin has adjusted to it, I started with a small amount first, and now I've increased to normal dime size. Works with my clarisonic, but foams a bit while used with clarisonic, so sometimes I find I get suds in my mouth. but that's not a big deal for me. below is a routine that seems working for me.

1) Spectro in the morning (not like everyday, if my face didn't feel oil or too dry, I just use water)
2) EvanHealy Lavender Hydrosol
3) Wait 2 minutes until skin is dry to minimize irritation per my dermatologist
4) BP 10% (introduce slowly because this will dry out skin initially)
5) AHA 10% lotion from my derm, but if you don't have a lotion you like, Peter Thomas Roth's Ultra Lite Oil Free Moisturizer has worked for me
6) Sunscreen: I have tried 15 + brands, and the following work well, so give them a try (Jack Black Oil Free Sun Guard, Paula's Choice Balancing Sunscreen SPF30, Anessa Sunscreen milk Spf 30 the blue bottle (my family bought it for me from overseas, I believe you can get them on amazon or ebay, but there are lots of fakes out there, so be careful)
7) I don't wear makeup, when absolutely necessary, I conceal with Smashbox oil free concealer and Shu Uemura Compact lightbulb Powder SPF 30

Night routine
1) La Roche Posay Purifying Foaming Cleanser with Clarisonic
2) Evan Healy Lavender Hydrosoul
3) Wait for skin to dry
4) BP spot treat (BP MUST GO BEFORE ACZONE if using together)
5) Aczone
4) Drunk Elephant AHA/BHA serum/AHA 10% lotion Alternating, NEVER ON THE SAME NIGHT.
5) Tretinoin 0.025 Spot treat, or once a week by itself with nothing else listed above. if skin is dry, I buffer with PTR moisturizer.

This is my HG cleanser. I live in a humid hot area and this cleanse my oily dehydrated skin perfectly. However, there is not a lot of reviews online. I feel like this should deserve a lot of raves on. It also removes makeup. For $18 with 400ml, this is a bargain. LRP, please keep on making this product! I love it so much and can't imagine life without it.

I bought this cleanser after reading such great reviews. Unfortunately it broke me out terribly. If coconut oil breaks you out, beware it has an ingredient called coco -betaine which is derived from coconut oil. If not this foams really nicely. I wanted to love it.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

As I have gotten older, I realized how ensuring a proper pH and acid mantle to the skin is important. Therefore, I have been testing my cleansers with some pH strips to make sure that they are in the range less than 6. My skin has always been sensitive and I am in a constant balance between dehydrated and oily skin. I used to use Cerave hydrating foaming cleanser and have used it for 5 years, but it seems like it was making my skin more tight and dry. When I tested the Cerave before, it was around 5.5 but the last bottle I received had a ph >6, so I searched for another cleanser. What lured me to this cleanser was that La Roche Posay discloses their pH on some of their cleansers, one of them was the Effaclar gel cleanser, which I tried first since it stated a pH of 5.5. After using it, I felt like it was making my skin a little sensitive when I apply my products after washing. So I reached for this after I finished my tube since the Toleraine line is supposed to be more gentle. I tested the cleanser (without water), and I was glad that it was a pH of 5.5, even if it doesn't state that on the bottle. I am now on my 3rd bottle and this has quickly become my HG. I must say it has made my skin much more tolerant and supple, plus it never leaves my skin feeling stripped of its oils. What I love about this cleanser is not only for how it treats my skin but when I lather it, it is a very rich marshmallow like foam.. it almost reminds me of the foam makers that are so popular in Korean Asian beauty. I feel like it is a thicker cleanser than Cerave, and although it is fragrance-free, it does have a faint smell that dissipates... which is why I lather it first by rubbing it in my hands to make it luxuriously foamy before applying. I must add that cost-efficiency wise, this is 400ml vs 355ml with Cerave and they both cost the same without discounts. I do see this cleanser being on sale as low as 30%, which I think is awesome, so it is much cheaper if you look at it by cost per unit ounce. Overall, I highly recommend this cleanser and it has become one of my staples in healing my skin barrier.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

I used to use Cosrx Good Morning cleanser but it would make my face feel a little tight. I switched to this and I really love it. Even though it's listed as purifying, it doesn't make my skin feel tight or stripped. It smells a little like a swimming pool (lol) but I'm fine with it. I feel like the price is good for the size of the product.

I have normal/combo skin.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

I bought this because I was looking for a non-salicylic acid cleanser that would still keep my skin clear. I'd been using black soap for a long time but it was losing its effectiveness and I was breaking out much more. This is somewhat drying at first, so I started off using it every other day only at night, but after my skin calmed down a bit I worked up to using it both day and night. This is the only change I've made in my routine and it has almost singlehandedly cleared up my skin. I haven't gotten any deep, painful cystic acne since using it, and the only minor eruptions I've seen have been the very occasional tiny little whitehead that is gone within a few hours without a trace. My pores are smaller and my skin is smoother, more even-toned, and less oily overall. I even feel confident enough to go out without any tinted moisturizer or foundation at all, just a little powder to cut down on shine.

I like that this foams up a lot even without using my Clarisonic, and it rinses off very easily without residue. It's a good bargain because the bottle is huge for the price and you don't even need a full pump for each use. It's also easy to decant into a smaller bottle for travel.

When I run out in a few months (I've been using it for about 4 months and am only halfway through the bottle), I'll definitely buy this again.

on 1/29/2018 3:13:00 PM

I can't find CeraVe in Chile when I'm here but I love this even more! No parabens or bad stuff and less drying than CeraVe Foaming Cleanser in any case. Plus, the bottle and label are sturdier and look better in the bathroom, which doesn't hurt. I see one bottle lasting me at least 6-9 months.