NYX Professional Makeup Professional Makeup Total Control Drop Foundation

NYX Professional Makeup Professional Makeup Total Control Drop Foundation

3.7

Cyclopentasiloxane, Water / Aqua / Eau, Glycerin, Vinyl Dimethicone / Methicone Silsesquioxane Crosspolymer, Propylene Glycol, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Isododecane, Dimethicone, Phenyl Trimethicone, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Propylene Carbonate, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Ethylhexylglycerin, Phenoxyethanol. May Contain: Mica, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499).

on 3/27/2018 10:25:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

SKIN TYPE: Acne-Prone, Combination (Summer: Oily T-zone, normal cheeks; Winter: Dry Cheeks, normal T-zone).

CLAIMS: From sheer to full, you can control your coverage with the amount of drops you use. 2 drops for light, 3 drops for medium, and 4 drops for full.

PRICE: I bought this for about $14 CAD at a NYX store, which is relatively cheap for foundation, however you are only getting 13mL. I'm more than half way through this foundation, after 6 months of use, with a usage of approximately 5 to 7 times per week. However I only aim for light coverage, so I usually only use 2 drops, and max at 3; so it will last a long time if you use light coverage. If you want heavier coverage, this will run out really quickly, I haven't tried it myself, but for a lot of people, they need at least 6 drops for a fuller coverage.

The product comes in a small relatively sturdy glass vile with a dropper top to dispense the foundation. I actually travel with this foundation quite frequently and the small size makes it convenient to keep in the purse, and the cover seals quite well as I (*knocks on wood*) haven't had any incidents yet with spillage.

Now for the actual product, it has a nice matte finish, not quite my taste as I prefer more satin finishes, but I know a lot of people like this finish, and when first applied, it blurs out the pores quite well. Even during later on the day, it doesn't seem to settle into my pores, or crease. It doesn't need to be set either. The consistency of the foundation is quite watery, so when you drop some into your hand, make sure it's level, otherwise it may run off. I hate face products that feel heavy, and in terms of comfort, this foundation is the best, as the watery consistency gives it the lightweight feeling.

However, I feel that it's a trade off, as the coverage is quite lacking in comparison to other foundations. I have some hyper pigmentation on my cheeks; it's not particularly bad as BB creams I've used in the past have been able to cover it. This foundation wasn't able to do that with a light layer, and if you try to build it up, even in one area, it starts to cake up. I would definitely recommend you apply this with a brush first, then pat it down with a slightly damp beauty blender or sponge, to minimise any cakiness or streaks, if you decide to build it up. Just make sure you work fast, it dries really fast, and after it dries you're going to have a hard time blending it.

Longevity wise, it's not very good, especially during the summer and on oilier skin. After less than 6 hours I noticed it heavily breaking down around the nose area, during the summer. It fares a little bit better during the winter, as my skin tends to be less oily. However, that doesn't mean it's good for dry skin either. My cheeks tend to get some dry patches during the winter, and this foundation tends to really cling onto those patches. So if you have dry skin, moisturise well.

Overall, this foundation would be better suited for someone who has normal, and fairly good skin to begin with, who just happens to be looking for a little bit of coverage. Despite it being extremely lightweight and one bottle of product being economical (for me), it doesn't work well with my skin. If it's not breaking down, it's clinging to dry patches, and if it's not clinging, it's caking. It doesn't even live up to what it claims, as I can't really build it up for my "ideal coverage". The flexibility is what really intrigued me about this product and it's disappointing that it couldn't do that. I really wanted to like this foundation due to it being lightweight feeling and accessible but alas, I guess it was not meant to be. :(

TLDR?
PROS : Nice matte finish, lightweight, blurs pores, does not crease, does not need setting, does not settle into pores.
CONS: Short longevity, cakes when building up, separation on oily skin, clings to dry patches, dries extremely fast.

Who would I recommend this for? People with a normal skin type, and are looking for a lightweight natural foundation.
Who would I not recommend this for? People with a dry or oily skin type, people living in humid climates, people looking for heavy coverage.

FINALLY, a foundation that actually works for me!! I’ve been having a real difficult time finding a foundation that felt lightweight, looked natural, didn’t clog/enhance pores or fine lines and smoothed out any minor discoloration. For some unknown reason, all my old “go to’s” were not working well with my skin the way they used to. They were either caking up, sitting in pores/fine lines, or separating on my face within a couple hours. I was seriously about to give up on liquid ftdn completely, but decided to try this and I’m so glad I did. I love the ability to customize the coverage, the way it feels, how smooth and natural it looks on, and the lasting power. For once, my ftdn actually looks the exact same as when I first put it on at the end of the day, which is an answered prayer in itself. After moisturizing and priming, I shake the bottle and drop 2 small drops on both cheeks, 1 on my nose, and 1-2 on my forehead. Then I buff everything out with tarte’s bamboo buffer brush or RT’s expert face brush. I’ve used a flat top brush before as well, but I find the other two give me a more even, airbrushed result. Definitely make sure to exfoliate and moisturize because it can cling to dry areas. All in all, this drugstore gem has blown any HE ftdn I’ve ever tried out of the water. I will definitely repurchase when I run out! <3

Skin: Other, Fair, Neutral

Got this in the shade Porcelain and it barely matched my NW13 skin, as the shade leans on the yellow side of neutral. The bottle is tiny and I guess it’s because it’s quite pigmented, but still, you’re not given a lot of product. Even though it’s pigmented, this watery foundation applies streaky and uneven and ends in a textured, ugly matte finish. The only way I can fix the streakiness is by dusting a layer of translucent loose powder over the cakey mess. It ends up not looking as steaky, but I’m still not pleased with the finish.

I’m glad I tried this out just out of sheer curiosity for the “drop” aspect, but I will not be repurchasing given the crummy quality of the product.

very watery. would have to use ALOT to get full coverage. and with the bottle being so small, it wouldbt last long. its very matte which is fine, but on aging skin- eh not so much.. left my face looking like parchment paper. not a good look ladies! and the price?!? if your ballin' on a budget, this is not for you, on the pricey side for a drugstore foundation. ive also noticed the glass dropper barely clears the bottle opening, so unless youve got the precision of a surgeon when taking the top off, youll likely get foundation dripping all over the top. i really wanted to like this- even tried mixing a drop with 3 different facial oils to see if it would not look so dry. no bueno. i mixed a drop with jojoba and rosehip facial oil- (nope) and a drop with boots no7 youthful facial oil- (nope) and a drop with a hyaluronic acid facial oil- (nope-nope) didnt mix well. oil beaded up. so yeah.. sadly this lil guy will be going back. had the pricepoint been under $10 i would just just keep it and add it to one of my beauty bundles. but i cant justify the price.

This light coverage drugstore foundation for me is just fine, average. I wouldn't repurchase it, but I don't hate it and still use it periodically.

I have it in Porcelain which matches me reasonably well, but the shade is very slightly greyish to me. If I could I would have picked one of the other shades with the same level of lightness.

The watery consistency is kind of a cool idea, though slightly annoying to apply since it literally drips down my face and I have to quickly blend it with a makeup sponge. It's not that easy to blend, either. You have to apply a ton of tiny drops all over because of the watery consistency - it really sinks in and won't blend very far like a creamy or more siliconey foundation. The watery sinking in quality is probably a good thing for some skin textures, however, and I do think it lends itself to a more natural look and feel. If you hate the feeling of most foundations, you might want to try this one because it truly doesn't feel like anything is on at all.

My general impression is that for someone like me with skin on the dry/dehydrated side, this foundation isn't ideal. It kind of sinks into fine lines instead of smoothing them out. I want to try mixing this with some marula oil to make it a bit more hydrating.

This foundation could work out well for someone prone to oily skin, or someone younger who doesn't have fine lines or aging skin.

The shade range is also impressive, so kudos to NYX for that.

on 3/11/2018 3:56:00 PM

Overall nice foundation. The finish was pretty it wasn't like dewy which I normally love but it was a nice matte finish. My skin looked good. Lasted all damn day. Did not have to touch up. Cannot complain. The formula is runny which I actually liked. It dries pretty fast. I could see not setting this, but I set everything. I do need a little more coverage than this provides, which by the way isn't bad coverage at all. It's medium I would say. I love full coverage though. I'd get this again.

Let me start off by saying this is my holy grail foundation. That being said there are a few things I don’t love about it.

I don’t have terrible skin so I find the coverage to be perfect for me and so light but if I do have to cover anything I don’t find it incredibly buildable. I think if you need a full coverage foundation then this perhaps would not be for you.

The bottle and dropper are easy to use and I don’t find it particularly messy but I wonder about how hygienic it is and more importantly how such a tiny bottle can cost so much. I have been using it for about a month and a half and it’s almost finished.

All that being said, this foundation goes on flawlessly and feels as if you aren’t wearing anything. It dries quickly with a chalky but still slightly dewy texture which I love. There are so many shades to pick from that it’s easy to find the right match. I use shade light and will be purchasing forever more or until I need full coverage

I'm constantly trying to find a good, reasonably priced foundation for my acne prone skin type. I saw the reviews for this and thought it sounded pretty good, if not a little pricey. I'm a 17 year old, so my budget isn't exactly massive, and everything in New Zealand is very expensive anyway, so this was a pretty well thought out purchase. It's a nice bottle (although small) the product just doesn't work for me. It goes on horribly! I've tried with brushes and sponges, and it looks terrible. Usually my skin is oily, yet with this it gets super flakey and gross on my nose and chin. I'm not sure if I've had more break outs because of this, but even if it prevented break outs I wouldn't buy it again. Would not recommend!

on 2/21/2018 10:39:00 AM

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

I am actually using this to make a tinted moisturizer. I add 4 drops of NYX drop foundation to my moisturizer with spf and am very pleased with the results. For some reason, liquid foundations look like I am wearing a mask. When I tried to use this as foundation, it took way more drops than the packaging indicated to get good coverage and it did not look natural on me. I even purchased the NYX Total Control Foundation brush to apply this and it just did not work out for me. When I blend it into my moisturizer I get a natural, evened out look that I really like. I set this with Pur Balancing Act powder.

I have been vegan since July of last year and I have been trying different drugstore cruelty free foundations.
I used to use Revlon Colorstay liquid foundation for combination /oily skin in the color 180 sand beige . That was my go to foundation although it's a heavy medium to full coverage foundation I loved it because it was sweat proof, water proof , the color selection it great and it comes in two formulas normal / dry and combo/oily . It dries fast and last a few months for me but not being cruelty free and now being vegan I searched for a animal cruelty free foundation and there are several brands and I did try a few. I have tried Elf, Milani and wet N wild . By far this is my favorite. I will say the color selection is impressive they have at least 24 colors . They only have one formula but I can use it. I do suggest using a primer and powder .The foundation is really liquidy which is different from the consistency from Revlon because Revlon is more like a pudding while this is more like melted ice cream. I love that you can have light to full coverage . The packaging is cute but do be careful you can easily spill it because when you take out the stopper there is a big whole and nothing preventing the product from spilling out I hope they work on that . You only get .43 oz of product which is much less than the usual 1oz with other brands but I have had it over 3 weeks and I still have plenty of product. Also it looks like your skin but better great for a no makeup look or full glam meaning they will not see makeup they will see you . It photographs well and does not oxidize . It also lasts at least 8 10 12 hours it can look cakey at the end of 10 to 12 hours but most foundations do .It goes for $13.99 at Ulta and is sold almost everywhere you can also purchase it online . I use the color buff . I also use my fingers to apply the foundation but you can use a sponge or brush . All in all I would recommend this foundation and NYX is an animal cruelty free brand available at most drugstores and Ulta and NYX online . I think it is worth checking out.