NYX Professional Makeup Total Control Drop Foundation

NYX Professional Makeup Total Control Drop Foundation

3.7

Cyclopentasiloxane, Water / Aqua / Eau, Glycerin, Vinyl Dimethicone / Methicone Silsesquioxane Crosspolymer, Propylene Glycol, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Isododecane, Dimethicone, Phenyl Trimethicone, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Propylene Carbonate, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Ethylhexylglycerin, Phenoxyethanol. May Contain: Mica, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499).

on 1/21/2018 6:01:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm

This foundation has me SO confused. I'm quote torn about it. But in sum,
Pros:
- buildable, medium-full coverage
- works with both a sponge and brush
- good size for travel
- doesn't break down with my oily skin, stays put on my face a whole day out (~12 hours)
- great shade range, i usually have trouble finding foundations that match my fair yellow-undertone skin.
Cons:
- very expensive for how small it is
- glass bottle (bougie for drugstore but i'm clumsy)
- you cannot layer ANY cream product over this, even before you set it with powder. You will not for the life of you be able to cream contour/ highlight or use cream blush with this foundation because for whatever reason it will come right off. I can't even use most of my concealers on top of it, when i use this foundation i have to conceal before. Like it sort of sets into this film over your face, and any cream broduct breaks it down in those areas and makes your complexion look patchy.

I still use this because it was quite costly for nyx and i don't want to throw it out, and it's not horrible, i just wouldn't repurchase it. I have to be very methodical about what products i want to use with it because it doesn't seem to agree with many. A bit too much of a hassle considering it's not the best thing that's ever been on my face (no innuendo).

on 1/14/2018 10:52:00 PM

Aside from a Pixi Tinted Moisturizer that I like, I just don't have any luck with drugstore foundation, and never buy any..this is actually expensive for drugstore @$14 for .43 fluid ounces, so it's less than half the size of the average bottle/ tube which are 1 full ounce..Ulta taunted me Friday with an email for 5x the points on NYX purchases, plus an extra 250 points if I spent over $60 on any brand.. I obviously went on my merry way to Ulta the next day! 😜. I just didn't want any NYX lip products, and that's pretty much all I normally buy from NYX.. Im N25, very neutral combo/mature skin, no acne, and no dark marks.. The last few years as I've reached my late 40's I've just hated every single foundation on me .. I had finally found a few I really liked and rotated; Becca Aqua Luminous, MAC Face and Body, Too Faced BTW, or Lancome or Bobbi Brown powder compact foundation.. I have only worn this NYX twice now, but it's pretty good, and I'm happy to have found a drugstore foundation that I will actually repurchase and not toss out like I have with Fit Me, Color Stay, WNW Photo Focus etc etc.. Definitely recommend this product;

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I have combination skin with lots of dry patches during the winter and was a bit sceptical before buying it since a lot of reviews said it was terrible on dry skin. I still decided to give it a try and completely fell in love with this product. It's literally the first foundation ever that 100% matches my skin tone (Vanilla).
I mixed a few drops of the foundation with a few drops of argan oil and it turned out AMAZING! super dewy and glowing skin, would absolutely recommend anyone (with dry and even not so dry skin) trying this!

on 1/7/2018 9:15:00 PM

its got rly yellow undertones but i saw the shade range expand to other undertones which is good yknow. im in between beige and golden, but i never rly can get my shade (even going to sephora to get fenty i couldnt get an exact shade, but its cool cause i mix a lot). rlyyyyy runny. but i like the idea of buildable coverage. for $14 its not bad, just wish it was somewhat cheaper, but compared to $20+ foundations ill take drugstore in a heartbeat.
i cover my acne w a green corrector before using this and blend in my foundation and my hyper pigmentation is goneeeee. and my skin hasn’t reacted badly to this. i have oily/combo skin with occasional dry patches and this foundation stays on throughout my 8 hour work day. my oily skin does show through after about 2-4 hours but it never melts or separates. a little blotting paper or translucent powder can fix it.

So I bought this product the other day because I saw so many girls on Instagram using it and I thought I should give it a try. It didn't work for me, at all (I have combination skin).
Let's start with the pro's:
- It's pretty easy to find a match (and usually for me it's hard because I'm so white)
- It doesn't oxidizes
- It's not expensive
Those were all the good things I could find. ALL of them. It's such a bad foundation and let's not talk about the applicator. The drop thing just makes everything messier. The formula is just awful. My skin is pretty dry in some areas and the foundation would make everything worse. It looked like it was falling apart everywhere and it was so so cakey! So if you have dry skin it's a big NO. The same to oily skin. My T area (which is oily) looked nice in the first couple of minutes and then it just became a huge mess. It was oily and somehow cakey at the same time. Not natural and definitely not pretty. Also, it says it's buildable but the more drops you put, the more cakey and awful it looks. Definitely NOT buying again and I don't recommend for anyone.

Stuck to all the dry patches on my skin :(

I tried blending it with fingers, sponge and brush but I found it looked cakey anyway I tried it. I love NYX products but this was not for me

on 11/20/2017 8:30:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

I enjoy using this foundation it gives me medium to full coverage does not oxidise and goes well with any other face powder the one thing I don't like about this foundation is the dropper if NYX could put a pump on the bottle it would be even more wonderful. The dropper concept can become a messy situation quite quickly during application. but overall a good foundation.

on 11/14/2017 4:10:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Other

The dropper is a great idea but can be messy when you're getting used to it. I have dry skin and this foundation does sadly cling to my dry patches and provides light to medium coverage. Because of this I cant use this foundation on its own but I like mixing it in with another foundation.

I found it quite hard to find the right color for me since the colors are all very yellow based in my opinions, which is yet another reason why I like mixing it in with other foundations.

on 11/12/2017 7:11:00 AM

You have to be very careful with this product. One spill and you've pretty much just emptied the entire bottle. I had so many problems with this product...

When I purchased this product, I was disappointed to see how small the product actually was. Although, the application, the idea of the dropper is different and is satisfying to use. The product is extremely runny and watery, I spilled this sh** everywhere! The coloring is very yellow, which I didn't mind as many drugstore foundations have a pink-y undertone. The foundation dries matte which I like, and a little bit goes a long way and lasts all day. My skin reacted fine to it. I like the smell too.

I'd like to see this product in a bigger packaging and in a pump form bottle for clumsy people like me.

The price for this product was a over the top for the size.

Personally, I would not buy this product again.

This is my current go to foundation for days when I wear make up or special occasions. Luckily, I have pretty good skin...very minimal discoloration or break outs. That being said, I don't think this would be a good foundation for those who are looking for full coverage. This is barely medium coverage IMO. Maybe because I only use a few drops on my face just to blend everything out perfectly. I'm sure if I added more drops or squeezed a bunch out, there would be more coverage. I will agree with some reviewers that the drop feature is a nice thought, but can sometimes be messy. Sometimes I miss my face when I try to place a few drops and this foundation has actually stained a couple pieces of clothing. There are many color options, but most retailers don't carry them all. It definitely worth a try if you have nice skin to begin with but I probably would not recommend for those who are looking for heavy/full coverage.