NYX Professional Makeup Professional Makeup Total Control Drop Foundation

NYX Professional Makeup Professional Makeup Total Control Drop Foundation

3.5

Cyclopentasiloxane, Water / Aqua / Eau, Glycerin, Vinyl Dimethicone / Methicone Silsesquioxane Crosspolymer, Propylene Glycol, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Isododecane, Dimethicone, Phenyl Trimethicone, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Propylene Carbonate, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Ethylhexylglycerin, Phenoxyethanol. May Contain: Mica, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499).

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Love NYX products for its reasonable price.Unfortunately this foundation oxidizes way too fast. What a let down since I love how sheer the foundation is.

on 10/21/2018 1:15:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Medium

This foundation is thin in consistency but buildable. It appears very natural and doesn't settle into my pores or fine lines. I love the fact that my skin appears smooth and I look younger. It doesn't accentuate my rough skin texture and lasts all day. For reference I'm in between NC45 and NC50 in MAC and I wear the shade Caramel.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I have combination/oily skin which needs medium coverage--I've found heavy coverage foundation gets cakey after time. I bought this foundation based on recommendations. After having used up an entire bottle, I like it enough to buy a second bottle.

Positives: I like the wide range of colors available, especially given that it's not a high-end department store brand. The coverage is very good--after 8 hours it wears off, but then what brand doesn't? After putting it on in the morning and I check my face around lunchtime, it still provides good coverage, so that's a winner. The price is a bit on the high end when compared to other drug store brands ($10 per bottle), but Ulta often has buy-one-get-50%-off sale so that's okay.

Negatives: The biggest issue initially was the packaging and the consistency of the foundation. I like the dropper as a more hygienic way to dispense the foundation. But the consistency was unexpectedly watery, way more than other brands I was used to (L'Oreal). I squeezed the dropper a bit too hard and ended up splashing tiny droplets of the foundation on the front of my clothes. Now I've gotten the hang of this, but for the first week or so, I would go to work *then* realize I had bits of foundation on my clothes.

After using the first bottle - I've gotten the hang of the dropper so no more droplets. And the watery consistency feels "lighter" on my skin, compared to more creamy/heavier foundations. And True Beige fits my skin tone perfectly. So it's a keeper.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral

I bought this product because I ran out of my Bobbi Brown Skin Long-Wear Foundation and needed a different one that was oil free. I suffer from cystic acne so needed something non-comedogenic. This provides great coverage (I do 4 -6 dots of it on my cheeks, 2 on my forehead, and 2 down my jawline) and lasts all day! Although I do get oily, blotting sheets help with that and this foundation stays down after setting it.
The only reason why I didn't give it 5 stars is because around some of my drier areas, it clings to them. But moisturizing before and using a good hyrdating primer should help greatly with that.
Overall, I'm really happy I purchased this foundation, and would recommend it to anyone with oily skin. I am planning on purchasing this again when I run out!

on 8/22/2018 9:58:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Not Sure

I bought this foundation thinking it was going to be perfect due to all the reviews i have seen about this foundation being for oily skin. The foundation applied ok didn’t look too bad when applied but after 8 hours it was horrible! My pores were huge and my face was super oily and not only that but the foundation looked really cakey and crusty on my nose. I have very oily skin so i had really high hopes for this foundation but was just not for me. Went right in the trash. I have a friend that uses this foundation as well and looks very nice on her she has combo skin!

on 7/18/2018 10:27:00 AM

This was a great buildable foundation for me. I like a light layer to even out more tone and it does just that. Applies evenly with my beauty blender. The trick for me is simply to moisturize and then apply without primer. I just don't need it for some reason when using this foundation. The color can oxidize a bit but it is affordable enough for me to have it in multiple shades.

I also love that when I choose to, I can add a few drops to a heavier coverage expensive foundation to match w/e color I am that day before a night out. I'd say if you tan easily or have trouble matching colors then this is the perfect secret weapon.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

The fairest shade is my colour for sure. It's not dark at all. I'm very fair so I was surprised that the shade fitted me. I just don't recommend this product if you have very dry skin. It showcased my face. It's not moisturizing at all. It is a matte foundation so I had a feeling it wouldn't. There is no SPF either for my fair girls. Honestly, if you don't have dry skin and stay away from the sun like I do, I recommend this product to whoever likes a matte finish and is fair because we all know how hard it is to find our shade.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

I bought this product because I had a higher brand product like this, but I wanted to see how well this one worked. However, this does NOT work for my skin. Not alone.. Not with primer.
Upon initial application, it goes on perfectly smooth. However after a few hours, I can see it "lift". Like its siting between my top layer or skin and the actual product. It comes off easily. I just did not like the initial wear.
Very disappointing.

on 6/10/2018 6:43:00 PM

I was so excited to try this foundation, but was not happy with the results. I have oily-combo skin and read great reviews. For starters, it is very liquidy and I made a huge mess. As soon as I applied it I felt like my skin was repelling it. Instantly my skin looked cakey and it was separating on my face, I had to wash it off right away. I also found it hard to blend and not a great consistency

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Neutral

I love everything about this foundation's performance EXCEPT how it seemingly enhances dry parts of my face that weren't even there in the first place. I have never experienced this degree of the appearance of seemingly flaky skin with any other foundation. This flaking doesn't occur on all of my face, though; it only occurs on my forehead, which is quite dry compared to the rest of my face, as well as any parts of my face that had acne scarring or texture. I thought my skin was just unusually dry, but no matter what changes I made to skincare or primer or brush or sponge, I had the same issue of this foundation creating texture that wasn't there.

*EDITED TO ADD: The flaking/dryness effect is reduced somewhat if I use just a heavy cream moisturizer (my favourite is Burt's Bees Milk and Honey lotion) underneath these foundation drops. However, if you do wear sunscreen regularly (which I often do), it doesn't help as much.*

However, if your skin is oilier and not very textured/scarred, this might perform better on you.

The coverage is easy to build; I was very impressed by the fact that it hid most of the darkness and redness from my acne and scars with only 2-3 drops on each side of my face. The shade range is also nice if you have more yellow-toned skin. It doesn't oxidize to orange, although I did get that "reverse oxidation" effect where it appeared slightly lighter when actually applied to my skin. It became a tad lighter but not ashy. However, it does turn the correct shade after a few minutes, and setting spray helps it move along.

I originally purchased this foundation dropper to mix with foundations I already own to make them paler and yellower, and it suits this purpose pretty well. While I don't like the texture it gives my skin by itself, it's okay if I mix just a drop of it with a different foundation. I don't mind mixing, but I do need to make sure I use the correct ratio.

At the time I purchased this foundation, my skin was dry (not due to the foundation, this was just the state of my skin) and I had previously been habituated to being very oily. In the future, if my skin is dry, I won't repurchase this; however, if my skin goes back to its former state of being very oily, I would repurchase.