NYX Professional Makeup Professional Makeup Total Control Drop Foundation

NYX Professional Makeup Professional Makeup Total Control Drop Foundation

3.6

Cyclopentasiloxane, Water / Aqua / Eau, Glycerin, Vinyl Dimethicone / Methicone Silsesquioxane Crosspolymer, Propylene Glycol, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Isododecane, Dimethicone, Phenyl Trimethicone, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Propylene Carbonate, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Ethylhexylglycerin, Phenoxyethanol. May Contain: Mica, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499).

on 7/18/2018 10:27:00 AM

This was a great buildable foundation for me. I like a light layer to even out more tone and it does just that. Applies evenly with my beauty blender. The trick for me is simply to moisturize and then apply without primer. I just don't need it for some reason when using this foundation. The color can oxidize a bit but it is affordable enough for me to have it in multiple shades.

I also love that when I choose to, I can add a few drops to a heavier coverage expensive foundation to match w/e color I am that day before a night out. I'd say if you tan easily or have trouble matching colors then this is the perfect secret weapon.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

The fairest shade is my colour for sure. It's not dark at all. I'm very fair so I was surprised that the shade fitted me. I just don't recommend this product if you have very dry skin. It showcased my face. It's not moisturizing at all. It is a matte foundation so I had a feeling it wouldn't. There is no SPF either for my fair girls. Honestly, if you don't have dry skin and stay away from the sun like I do, I recommend this product to whoever likes a matte finish and is fair because we all know how hard it is to find our shade.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

I bought this product because I had a higher brand product like this, but I wanted to see how well this one worked. However, this does NOT work for my skin. Not alone.. Not with primer.
Upon initial application, it goes on perfectly smooth. However after a few hours, I can see it "lift". Like its siting between my top layer or skin and the actual product. It comes off easily. I just did not like the initial wear.
Very disappointing.

on 6/10/2018 6:43:00 PM

I was so excited to try this foundation, but was not happy with the results. I have oily-combo skin and read great reviews. For starters, it is very liquidy and I made a huge mess. As soon as I applied it I felt like my skin was repelling it. Instantly my skin looked cakey and it was separating on my face, I had to wash it off right away. I also found it hard to blend and not a great consistency

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Neutral

I love everything about this foundation's performance EXCEPT how it seemingly enhances dry parts of my face that weren't even there in the first place. I have never experienced this degree of the appearance of seemingly flaky skin with any other foundation. This flaking doesn't occur on all of my face, though; it only occurs on my forehead, which is quite dry compared to the rest of my face, as well as any parts of my face that had acne scarring or texture. I thought my skin was just unusually dry, but no matter what changes I made to skincare or primer or brush or sponge, I had the same issue of this foundation creating texture that wasn't there.

*EDITED TO ADD: The flaking/dryness effect is reduced somewhat if I use just a heavy cream moisturizer (my favourite is Burt's Bees Milk and Honey lotion) underneath these foundation drops. However, if you do wear sunscreen regularly (which I often do), it doesn't help as much.*

However, if your skin is oilier and not very textured/scarred, this might perform better on you.

The coverage is easy to build; I was very impressed by the fact that it hid most of the darkness and redness from my acne and scars with only 2-3 drops on each side of my face. The shade range is also nice if you have more yellow-toned skin. It doesn't oxidize to orange, although I did get that "reverse oxidation" effect where it appeared slightly lighter when actually applied to my skin. It became a tad lighter but not ashy. However, it does turn the correct shade after a few minutes, and setting spray helps it move along.

I originally purchased this foundation dropper to mix with foundations I already own to make them paler and yellower, and it suits this purpose pretty well. While I don't like the texture it gives my skin by itself, it's okay if I mix just a drop of it with a different foundation. I don't mind mixing, but I do need to make sure I use the correct ratio.

At the time I purchased this foundation, my skin was dry (not due to the foundation, this was just the state of my skin) and I had previously been habituated to being very oily. In the future, if my skin is dry, I won't repurchase this; however, if my skin goes back to its former state of being very oily, I would repurchase.

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral

I was not a fan of this foundation.
First off I could not find a good shade match.
I tried a couple different shades but in the end, the formula did not work for me and there were no more shades that would work for my skin tone so I gave up.
It was easy to use and build up but I did not like how it looked on the skin and it also started to slip around a bit by midday.
Overall, I did not care for the product.

On my medium/tan neutral skin tone
Beige- too light
classic tan- a bit too light and a little too pink
Golden-swatches too dark but blends out pretty well and prob the best match out of the shades avail. so far.
Anything above golden was too dark

on 5/4/2018 4:49:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

This foundation is expensive for the drugstore!

I do, however, love how light this foundation feels and is easily buildable. Natural Beige hits my undertones well, and Beige is a tad light for my Fenty 290, Maybelline MP Fit Me 228, MAC C40 skin, and it reverse oxidizes on me! YES IT TURNS LIGHTER. It's so weird. I usually get oxidation with foundation but this gets lighter on me. I wanted this to work for me so bad and I am not willing to take the time to mix other shades to make this fit.

I'm on the fence. It's not terrible but it's not great. I use porcelain on the center of my face and vanilla on the sides. You really can't tell the diff once on bc they both oxidize into a pale yellowish peachy color. If I were Hispanic or Asian it would prob be great but on super white Caucasian skin it looks a bit off...not hugely but enuff so it looks odd compared to a white chest and neck. I'm also on the fence about the whole powder finish. During humid summer months I think I'd like this over dewy skincare. I think dewy foundation over dewy skincare is a recipe for disaster esp if u don't set w powder, so this would maybe be a nice alternative. But, I think it makes my skin look flat even with contour and highlight. I'll try w diff setting sprays and see if it looks less flat, but it's kinda mask-like. I was wearing BB with oil set with a matte spray and my skin looked better. This looks kinda flat, and emphasizes any texture. I think the price is nuts for a drugstore foundation, but being u can mix multiple shades to get a custom blend, I can't really b too upset. There's a matching primer but I think unless ur super super oily it's gonna just make u more dry looking. I didn't get their brush cuz I have one for Bare Minerals serum and it works fine. Application is fast and easy, but my skin is on great shape w no discoloration or breakouts right now. I think if u have any issues it'll make it look more textured. This isn't a bad foundation if you have decent skin and have time to contour, but it's a bit sheer for problem skin, and dry skin types will prob want to avoid bc it's pretty matte.

on 4/29/2018 8:34:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This looks and feels great immediately after application however doesn't wear well at all. It will find dry patches you didnt know you had and settle into pores and fine lines. It transfers easily and if you get a little water on your face it doesn't hold up at all. It is a very liquidy formula so has a dropper style bottle. It can be very messy but if it worked for me otherwise, I wouldn;t have a problem. I have tried mixing with strobe cream and my tinted sunscreen but still the patchiness of the forumla comes through. Color match was perfect and this did not trigger or aggravate eczema, but sadly it is going in the trash.

on 4/27/2018 9:45:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

This foundation was EXTREMELY dry and patchy on my skin. It really highlighted any dry patches and texture and even peach fuzz on my face.
I tried using 3 drops (which I really don't understand how that is enough for anyone) and it was SO patchy. I tried adding more and it started lifting up and moving all over the place. I tried it with a sponge which did nothing to help. I tried it with a brush and it came out so streaky!
I mixed it with 2 different moisturisers to try use the foundation successfully. It beaded up and wouldn't mix with the first one. It just came out even more patchy with the second one.
The price would not have been so bad if I could have truly just used 3 drops but that definitely wasn't the case. As for the packaging I knocked the bottle and spilt half of the foundation all over my desk. That may have been my fault... but I still hate it.