NYX Professional Makeup Professional Makeup Total Control Drop Foundation

NYX Professional Makeup Professional Makeup Total Control Drop Foundation
Professional Makeup Total Control Drop Foundation

3.6

Cyclopentasiloxane, Water / Aqua / Eau, Glycerin, Vinyl Dimethicone / Methicone Silsesquioxane Crosspolymer, Propylene Glycol, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Isododecane, Dimethicone, Phenyl Trimethicone, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Propylene Carbonate, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Ethylhexylglycerin, Phenoxyethanol. May Contain: Mica, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499).

on 3/6/2019 2:39:00 PM

I really love how this foundation disappears into my skin. It's applies really well with my fingertips, it feels like there's nothing on my skin, and the color match I get from 05/Light is amazing (note: I normally end up with a brand's lightest shade in a "neutral" tone, but there were three or four shades that were lighter than me, in warm, neutral, and cool tones.

This product dries down super-fast, so I only recommend applying it in sections with your fingers, or dotting it onto an area before quickly blending with a damp beauty blender. I cannot see a brush working for this at all, and if you put it directly onto a sponge, it'll all get sucked into it--there's just no volume to this stuff. But because, there's no real "base" to this, it really looks like skin. The finish when it first dries is sort of matte, though since it's so thin, it becomes dewy fairly quickly. Also, since it's so thin, it is not particularly long-wearing; you will probably need to blot/powder/touch-up in the afternoon. I've taken to powdering my t-zone with this.

I have seen a lot of reviews of this where users complain it isn't full-coverage enough. As someone who is not a fan of full-coverage, I found that this certainly hits the full-coverage mark for me if I apply a few more drops, but perhaps the point at which I start wondering if I should just wash it off and start over is the point at which full-coverage makeup lovers think they're just getting started. I kind of wish this foundation were a little lighter coverage than it is--it's so fast drying that the two drops they recommend for light coverage has a learning curve to get spread around before it sets. I have found that an extra little dot of this stuff does a good job of covering blemishes, and I can use a tiny bit extra of this around my eyes as a natural-looking alternate to concealer (no, I don't have heavy-duty dark circles.)

Smell: I haven't noticed any, so whatever smell it has before applying evaporates. Packaging: the dropper applicator is not my favorite. I think it might have been better to have a squeezable bottle than the separate eyedropper. It's a bit awkward to handle, it needs two hands, and I have dripped quite a bit of this foundation onto my shirts.

Overall, I am happy with this because of how it looks on my skin. It just looks so lovely! I'm hooked.

Okay, so I know this has been around for a while and I've been tempted to buy it for quite some time due to the amount of raving reviews but I usually stay away from any foundation when I hear the word matte... I've always been more of a Dewy girl. When I saw it on sale for $7,99 I decided to finally go for it. First, buying online I took the chance and ordered Porcelain because this is the shade that I get in most foundations I buy and it was a perfect match. I was very intrigued with the dropper /buildable concept. I definitely NEVER go full coverage so I figured despite the bottle being very small it should last a while since I only go light to medium coverage. The one Con is that it took quite a few more drops just to achieve light coverage than the product states. For application I took a different route than normal. Usually I apply strictly with beauty blender but with this, I dropped the foundation directly to my face and used one of the Oval brushes to blend it out. These brushes are nice and dense, soft, don't absorb product and produce an air brush looking finish which made it perfect for such a watery formula. Thankfully, after you start blending the foundation thickens up a bit. I finished by just using my beauty blender to make sure the product was not just sitting on top of my face and to soak up any potentially extra product. You want to wait until foundation is completely dry before using setting powder (and don't apply until your primer is completely dry as well). So, my final thoughts is that I was kind of blown away. The coverage was light but made my complexion look flawless and natural. Though it states it's a matte finish... It's not the chalky looking full blown matte look of other foundations. I'd call it more like a natural finish. And after applying the rest of my makeup, particularly my highlighter I was even more in love with this product. This Pic was taken about 3 hrs after initial application with no touchups and it looks the same as it did right after applying. As much as this foundation impressed me.. The only reason for not repurchasing is that when I do use actual foundations... I'm super picky and they really have to look and feel beyond amazing

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

Love it. I was so tired of thick foundations that felt heavy during the day. I just need something to tone down my redness. This product feels like nothing on my face, I feel like my skin can breathe and it also doesn’t look patchy. It makes my skin look blurred, airbrushes and healthy. Plus that Nyx is cruelty free, this foundation ticks all the boxes for me.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Love NYX products for its reasonable price.Unfortunately this foundation oxidizes way too fast. What a let down since I love how sheer the foundation is.

on 10/21/2018 1:15:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Medium

This foundation is thin in consistency but buildable. It appears very natural and doesn't settle into my pores or fine lines. I love the fact that my skin appears smooth and I look younger. It doesn't accentuate my rough skin texture and lasts all day. For reference I'm in between NC45 and NC50 in MAC and I wear the shade Caramel.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I have combination/oily skin which needs medium coverage--I've found heavy coverage foundation gets cakey after time. I bought this foundation based on recommendations. After having used up an entire bottle, I like it enough to buy a second bottle.

Positives: I like the wide range of colors available, especially given that it's not a high-end department store brand. The coverage is very good--after 8 hours it wears off, but then what brand doesn't? After putting it on in the morning and I check my face around lunchtime, it still provides good coverage, so that's a winner. The price is a bit on the high end when compared to other drug store brands ($10 per bottle), but Ulta often has buy-one-get-50%-off sale so that's okay.

Negatives: The biggest issue initially was the packaging and the consistency of the foundation. I like the dropper as a more hygienic way to dispense the foundation. But the consistency was unexpectedly watery, way more than other brands I was used to (L'Oreal). I squeezed the dropper a bit too hard and ended up splashing tiny droplets of the foundation on the front of my clothes. Now I've gotten the hang of this, but for the first week or so, I would go to work *then* realize I had bits of foundation on my clothes.

After using the first bottle - I've gotten the hang of the dropper so no more droplets. And the watery consistency feels "lighter" on my skin, compared to more creamy/heavier foundations. And True Beige fits my skin tone perfectly. So it's a keeper.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral

I bought this product because I ran out of my Bobbi Brown Skin Long-Wear Foundation and needed a different one that was oil free. I suffer from cystic acne so needed something non-comedogenic. This provides great coverage (I do 4 -6 dots of it on my cheeks, 2 on my forehead, and 2 down my jawline) and lasts all day! Although I do get oily, blotting sheets help with that and this foundation stays down after setting it.
The only reason why I didn't give it 5 stars is because around some of my drier areas, it clings to them. But moisturizing before and using a good hyrdating primer should help greatly with that.
Overall, I'm really happy I purchased this foundation, and would recommend it to anyone with oily skin. I am planning on purchasing this again when I run out!

on 8/22/2018 9:58:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Not Sure

I bought this foundation thinking it was going to be perfect due to all the reviews i have seen about this foundation being for oily skin. The foundation applied ok didn’t look too bad when applied but after 8 hours it was horrible! My pores were huge and my face was super oily and not only that but the foundation looked really cakey and crusty on my nose. I have very oily skin so i had really high hopes for this foundation but was just not for me. Went right in the trash. I have a friend that uses this foundation as well and looks very nice on her she has combo skin!

on 7/18/2018 10:27:00 AM

This was a great buildable foundation for me. I like a light layer to even out more tone and it does just that. Applies evenly with my beauty blender. The trick for me is simply to moisturize and then apply without primer. I just don't need it for some reason when using this foundation. The color can oxidize a bit but it is affordable enough for me to have it in multiple shades.

I also love that when I choose to, I can add a few drops to a heavier coverage expensive foundation to match w/e color I am that day before a night out. I'd say if you tan easily or have trouble matching colors then this is the perfect secret weapon.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

The fairest shade is my colour for sure. It's not dark at all. I'm very fair so I was surprised that the shade fitted me. I just don't recommend this product if you have very dry skin. It showcased my face. It's not moisturizing at all. It is a matte foundation so I had a feeling it wouldn't. There is no SPF either for my fair girls. Honestly, if you don't have dry skin and stay away from the sun like I do, I recommend this product to whoever likes a matte finish and is fair because we all know how hard it is to find our shade.