Dior Diorskin Nude Air Loose Powder

Dior Diorskin Nude Air Loose Powder

4.5

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I bought this on a whim. I have dry skin and medium beige skin tone (nc30) so I got the Dior nude air in medium 03. Initially I felt like it is just an okay product ( wasn't cakey, goes natural and very smooth and doesn't dry out my skin) and then when I am almost done with the first jar, I realized that I was not getting the glowy airy finish as promised by Dior, not because of this loose powder but because I don't use a sponge to apply my liquid foundation. I like glowy dewy finish and if the foundation had glowy finish and use this powder on top, it will really enhance and let the foundation's glow! I have used this together with Shu uemura light bulb foundation (medium beige) and Clinique even better makeup with spf 15 (in porcelain beige, beige and neutral) applied using a sponge ( brush is also okay but sponge is better for that glowy finish) . This loose powder is my new holy grail item.

My powder application: I always use powder puff- dab into the product, then gently press on my skin. I have oily forehead and nose, I want them to be matte all day (I prefer when my base makeup has a matte finish). A powder must keep my skin matte for hours- I don't have time for touch-ups.

For many years I've been a fan of Rimmel Stay Matte (pressed) powder and nothing worked just as well for me.
I wasn't a fan of loose powders because none of them worked as well as RSM. The one I loved was Guerlain Les Voilettes, but they reformulated it around 2011 and there are only three shades available now, none of them matches me. Chanel Loose Powder worked well, but oxidized throughout the day.
Finally, I decided to try Dior Nude Air. I always loved Dior makeup so I had high hopes. And damn, this stuff is expensive!
BUT: we get a nice amount of 16 grams of product- I did some math and for 1 gram you pay about 3 euros. (eg. Too Faced Primed & Poreless- 6,56 for 1 gram.)
The powder comes in a gorgeous packaging, with silver lid embossed with classic Dior pattern, and white powder puff.
So, I used it and loved it from the start. It gives such a lovely veil of radiance, yet keeps my face matte. But I have to admit: I still set my forehead with my Stay Matte Powder. I wear bangs so it gets oily really easily. Dior did a good job at mattifying, but, well, not as good as Rimmel. So overall I don't think you have to spend a lot of money to get good quality makeup.

This powder would work well for people with mature skin & dry skin. Knowing it, I bought one for my mum- and she absolutely loved it. She uses it with Guerlain Lingerie de Peau foundation. Her skin looks flawless!