MAC Matte - Diva

MAC Matte - Diva

4.4

Octyldodecanol, Ricinus Communis (Castor) Seed Oil, Silica, Tricaprylyl Citrate, Ozokerite, Isononyl Isononanoate, Paraffin, Phenyl Trimethicone, Microcrystalline Wax\Cera Microcristallina\Cire Microcristalline, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax\Cera Carnauba\Cire De Carnauba, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Tocopherol, Vanillin, Acrylates Copolymer, Polyethylene Terephthalate, Stearyl Steaoyl Stearate, [ /- Mica, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Blue 1 Lake (CI 42090), Carmine (CI 75470), Red 6 (CI 15850), Red 6 Lake (CI 15850), Red 7 Lake (CI 15850), Red 21 Lake (CI 45380), Red 28 Lake (CI 45410), Red 30 Lake (CI 73360), Red 33 Lake (CI 17200), Yellow 5 Lake (CI 19140), Yellow 6 Lake (CI 15985), Yellow 10 Lake (CI 47005)]

I recently bought this lipstick when MAC had a discount and am so glad that I did!

I own a lot of dark lipsticks, but this one special. I believe Diva will look incredible on every single woman/man walking on this planet. It is richly pigmented, opaque and makes you look like a better/fancier version of yourself. A lip liner here is a must, you can see my swatches of both here (http://www.partyparrotblog.com/single-post/2017/06/21/MAC-Haul-Something-New-Something-Old-Something-Gifted). I can't wait for fall to come around to really rock this baby, if you love your vampy lipsticks - check this one out!

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I love this colour, but this lipstick does not last long at all!! This is my second MAC lipstick, and neither have good staying power. You would be better off saving yourself money and buying a drugstore brand lipstick.

on 3/30/2017 12:13:00 AM

The prettiest of the reds. I did favor viva glam 1 but I am leaning more towards diva now because vg1 makes me look old in the face as does ruby woo. Russian red is ok but I prefer a deep tone red. I like sin too but when i wipe sin off I see purple on the tissue so sin and diva aren't similar although some think so but diva is red based and sin purple based both beautiful but sin isn't an every day lipstick for me but diva can be. However captive is my everyday so diva will be my fancy lipstick when im dressed up for dates or special events. Diva 5/5 for color, texture and how it stays on. I use nightmoth with it. I don't have many lip pencils by mac only 3 but I want half red so hopefully that'll be a good pair for captive and diva because they are pricey so ill be buying one to match both lippies.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

Amazing,the perfect deep red shade.I was worried because it's a matt formula,but it didn't dry my lips out.It stays as long as you don't eat.It's not burgundy or purpul-red color.It's just a deep red red color.

on 3/4/2017 12:31:00 PM

The shade depends on the person. My skin has neutral undertones(I'm sure!) but when I apply it thoroughly, like a regular lipstick, the colour looks awful on me. So, I just dab a little all over instead of completely "painting" my lips.

We are talking about a shade, which will be different for everyone, so this must not hold you back from purchasing it. As for the texture and packaging, it is classic MAC.

I would probably try another lipstick when I ran out of this and because of that "dab" thing I do, it looks like it is going to take some time to finish it.

I really wanted to love this because the color is gorgeous, the packaging is super elegant and well... it's the most expensive lipstick I have ever bought (still can't believe I spent so much money on a lipstick, damnit). However, I just don't. Don't get me wrong, it's not a bad product but it's just SO high maintenance. By that, I refer to the fact that if I don't "prepare" my lips for wearing it with a scrub and a balm and not-wearing-drying-lipsticks-in-the-last-couple-days, the whole thing turns into a total mess in like two hours. It gets all flakey, it wears off unevenly and it drains the freaking life our of my lips. On the other hand, if I decide to make an effort and really "prepare" my lips then it stays on as long as I don't eat (drinking is fine) and it has a really nice matte finish.
So there it is. I'm kind of a lazy girl so I'm totally not into all the hard work that is needed in order to make this lipstick look good so from me this product receives only 3 lippies. Sorry, M.A.C.

on 12/4/2016 11:41:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Diva is undoubtedly stunning. But wow, can it look different on different skin tones, undertones, and lip pigmentation. MAC describes the shade as "an intense reddish burgundy" and that is pretty accurate. The thing is, depending on your complexion, undertones and lip pigmentation Diva can look as deep and vampy as an oxblood lipstick or almost a full on red. I fall into the latter group. It looks even brighter and red on me than it did on Temptalia. One of the first posts on her review of Diva was posters questionning whether she even had the right lipstick or not because it looked so much more red on her than them. I am nw20, deep winter, but I also have very pigmented lips and an odd golden undertone in my pinkness that makes me warm up blushes and lippies like no one's business. So from the images I Googled, I expected full on vamp. What I got was a lovely ruby slipper red lip. I am debating whether to keep it because it isn't what I wanted. It is so iconic, such a beautiful red burgundy tone on me that I think I will hang on to it. While not a true red, a red lippie I can rock easy peezy. But, for me, this left me with a vampy lip void. Thus my search for vamp conitinues.

on 8/25/2016 3:37:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium

This is my absolute perfect deep red. Being that darker cooler reds suite me more than those true bright reds, this is the perfect cranberry burgundy/reddish shade!!! I picked this up a couple of days ago on a whim, definitely do NOT regret.

I work in a corporate real estate investment office, being the front desk receptionist i see a lot of people and I've gotten 3 compliments on it just today, totally works for work in the fall/winter months with a very simple cat eyeliner eye and some mascara. I have been collecting MAC lipsticks for about 1.5 years now and am at about 85....i cannot believe i went this long without having this gem in my collection, it's just an absolute must for every girl who loves lipstick. I think this would suit the fairest of skin tones and the darkest. I happen to be somewhere in the middle with a neutral/olive tan complexion and dirty blonde hair (which i do not dye) and dark honey brown eyes, and this is still absolutely wonderful, although i imagine dark haired beauties could rock this one too!!

Does not dry my lips out, have had it on since 8AM this morning and it is now 3:30PM...it is absolutely amazing with staying power too. Cannot rave enough. Will always repurchase, although Canada could stand to lower their prices (as if that'll ever happen) but at 21$ a pop + a 13% sales tax on top of that, it's getting to be up there in prices. Still, i don't think i could find a dupe for this exact color, the closest i have is wet n wild mega last in cherry bomb.

Ladies, pair this with a cat eye and dark red nails, and it'll be sultry yet sophisticated all at once, i really don't think you can go wrong with this color!!

Diva is a gorgeous vampy lipstick from MAC. It is a deep red shade with a matte finish which I believe will look gorgeous on a variety of skin tones. The lipstick lasted all day, even throughout eating and drinking. I was very impressed by the staying power. The formula was not at all drying and did not create flakiness. It also did not sink into liplines which is a bonus. The colour is gorgeous and you only need one coat to get the full effect. A gorgeous, dramatic lipstick from MAC which is a must have for any lovers of red. I would highly recommend this lipstick!

on 5/13/2016 5:46:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

MAC's matte Diva lipstick was an impulse buy gone SO right! The color is a beautiful burgundy color, that looks like a beautiful red on me! I didn't think I could wear a red as I'm pale as can be, but this lipstick turned out perfectly on me! It is not overly drying, although it was recommended by the makeup artist who applied it on me that I use a bit of chapstick and blot it before I apply the lipstick. The staying power is pretty strong as I only had to touch it up after eating a meal. The cost is about $17, which as high end lipsticks go is pretty fantastic. I would definitely repurchase this one!