MAC Cosmetics Soft Hint

No Image

2.0

1 review

on 12/24/2016 7:54:00 PM

This was a real departure from my usual lip color choices, as it's mint green. I'm into all things mint green, so I picked this up during the MAC Black Friday sale. I should have known better, right? I mean, it's a shimmery pale green color, and I'm not usually one to stray far from the pink/mauve colors.

The color isn't what makes this a dud, IMO. The texture is unflattering--every single flake is highlighted. That sometimes comes with the territory with Frosts, and I know that I have to apply a balm before wearing them, but this shines a spotlight on every single flaw on my lips. It doesn't apply evenly either, so I end up with mint splotches in some spots and a nice greenish sheen in others. It doesn't last more than an hour on me.

On the plus side, it's not drying like some frosts are, and it does have the classic MAC vanilla smell. That's why it didn't get one lippie.

I went into this knowing that this wasn't likely going to be a HG lipstick, but I did expect the usual MAC quality and pigmentation. This one didn't work for me.