L'Oreal Infallible Total Coverage

L'Oreal Infallible Total Coverage

3.0

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

The packaging isn't the greatest for this type of foundation. The foundation its self is very good. I have basically normal skin with breakouts on my chin (hormonal) I do have to say its pretty thick and on the package it says "weightless feel" which i'm not saying its super cakey but you can tell you have makeup on. It blends into my skin very well. I like a brush with this type of foundation. like a dense buffing brush.

on 10/7/2017 4:52:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

I actually like this foundation. It works well with my severely dry skin. I found the coverage to be medium-full and it is not build-able. More than one layer and it cakes up. It lasts the whole day on me. One lippie off because the medium shades all pull pink on my yellow undertone skin, so I wouldnt repurchase this again.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

UPDATE 9/27/17::::: The biggest problem I had with this foundation was how oily it made my skin. I would put it on and within 30 minutes I just felt greasy and shiny. If I blot with an oil sheet, I would pick up a ton of oil AND a bunch of foundation. It wouldn't really wear off my skin but it just seemed to make my face so greasy. I tried blotting, using various powders, using different primers, and each time I would look like a stick of butter within an hour. I would blot, powder, blend, and look great. 30 mins later I would be an oily mess. Granted I DO have oily skin, I've never had a foundation emphasize that so much. I tried for the past 3 weeks to make this work for me and simply just didn't like it in the end. Maybe it was the mousse-y texture? I have no idea. I went back to revlon CS and my skin was immediately back to my normal oiliness (shiny after ~3 hours, light blot with a tissue and looking fine). This was a fail for me.

ORIGINAL REVIEW 9/3/17::::I like this foundation a lot for a few reasons: great coverage, amazing matte finish, good color tone match for my skin. I mix the lightest shade with nyx foundation mixer in white and it lightens it perfectly. I love the texture of this foundation, it is a thick mousse. Mixing it with the white I use (which is thinner and creamier) makes a nice thick but liquidy foundation for me. It dries kind of fast so I use a damp beauty blender to blend 1/4 of my face at a time. It looks super good on my skin at first application. Very nice coverage and matte finish. I am really oily so I add mac studio fx powder foundation on top.

The CON (only one) of this foundation is that it does not control oil at all. I am super oily and this foundation may not be for others who are as well. I have heard that this clins to dry patches really badly but I don't have dryness at all so I can't say.

BUT even with how oily I am, this foundation did not break down or separate on my skin. I always have problems with cakiness/foundation separating around my nose and chin. This foundation held up surprisingly well. I used some oil sheets to blot and was back to looking matte and flawless (although the shine returned within an hour).

I like the squeeze tube packaging. You get 1oz for ~$12 but the coverage is good! I will continue to work with this with various primers/powders to find a better oil-controlling combination.

on 7/26/2017 2:40:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Kinky, Medium

I'm just going to do simple pros and cons on this one
Pros:
Nice price point
Good packaging as hygenic and easy to dispense
Blends easily
Good colour match
Initially a nice matte finish that isn't flat
almost full coverage but not 100% full coverage
feels light on skin

Cons
Poor oil control - oils appeared on my nose after 2 hours
Not easy to reblend when oils start to appear
Oil slick on for head after three/four hours
vanished from chin after 4 hours
vanished from rest of face after 6 hours
left face looking greasy and as if no makeup there
clings to dry patches

I realy disliked this foundation and will not repurchse

on 8/25/2017 5:59:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Fine

This broke me out badly and I had no pimples prior to using. Won't be buying again.

Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure

I was very surprised that a drugstore foundation who claimed to be full coverage was actually FULL coverage! It covered all my dark spots and stayed matte but I wish the darker shades had more undertones than just red. I uploaded a video comparing the Total Cover foundation to the pro matte foundation and was very pleased with the results. Full review is on my YouTube: Mary LeMuse

I love the packaging on this.

I really wanted to like this foundation. I have dehydrated skin. Some days it acts normal, some days it acts dry and some days it's a little bit oily. Which is fun to deal with.

This foundation went on nicely. It looks flawless at first which is what I want. But by midday I'm an oily mess from this foundation and it's separating.

Basically I would suggest this more towards dry or normal skin. Oily skin wouldn't be able to work with this.

on 5/9/2017 4:24:00 PM

This foundation has a really nice coverage. I have some flaws and rosacea and this foundation covers them perfectly.
The only problem I see in this foundation is that it starts to become really oily on my T-zone and consequently does not last all day.
I'll try to use this foundation with some matte powder to see the results.
It's not easy to blend but after some effort the result is really good.

I really wanted to like this foundation but I just couldn't make it work ! It ended up looking really cakey and textured on my skin after a few hours. It claims to be long wearing but it wears off quite easily ! The shade that I picked was 9 light sand which matched me very well. The most disappointing thing about this foundation is the coverage. It claims to be full coverage which I was really excited about. I have spots and it really didn't cover them very well at all ! I'd say it's medium coverage at best. Overall it's a pretty disappointing foundation.
Pros:
-Smooth, blendable formula
-The shade that I picked matched me well
-The packaging is simple and works fine
-It's not too expensive
Cons:
-It isn't full coverage, at least on my skin
-It doesn't wear very well, it gets oily after a couple of hours
-It leaves my skin looking really textured and cakey after a couple of hours
-I feel like you have to use quite a bit of product to cover your entire face

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I recently had a rant about how the l'oreal infallible mattfying base primer confused me. Let's just say that this foundation confused me even more. When the makeup lady tested it on my face, it looked nice. Paired it together with my infallible mattifying base primer(eventhough it did break me out on the chin) and I thought i found my holy grail. Here's where it gets tricky. Few weeks later, the unexpected happens. The foundation looked extremely cakey, my oils came out to play, and my face looked orange! I don't know what happened! The foundation oxidized very fast, gave me a really orange appearance, and I looked all- around cakey. Mind you, my makeup was and is stored in the same place so I know it's not me. I also saw a similar review on the product, whereby a user said it suddenly stopped working for her and made her an orange grease ball. Shelf life maybe? i dont know. I still have it in my collection waiting for some miracle to happen.