L'Oreal Infallible Total Coverage

3.0

on 6/20/2018 7:51:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

The colours are limited in this range. I use the darkest available in the UK, Coca I think and the next one lighter Almond.

The dark one has a red undertone and is too red / deep for my my skin tone. The Almond is a huge jump in shade range...has a yellow to neutral undertone. It is too light for my skin tone. In the UK you can not return unmatched makeup. So you have to be all in if there are no testers.

So I mix up little tester pots of the 2 shades, as I have different under tones on my face, so 2 pots. Red - golden around my mouth and outer perimeter of face and under cheek bones. Neutral to yellow (in the summer months) on my forehead, nose, cheek bones. This way I also do not need to separately highlight and contour as I am lazy. I used a little moisturiser to thin it out in the pots, as the product is way too thick, this allows me to use my fingers to pat it on. This way it takes off the grey cast from my sunscreen. I also use a little powder on top and I have a natural looking base that I am happy with.

A lot of work for a product of this type, but I have found a way of using it up so a win. As for mattifying? Because I mix it with moisturiser I feel I can not comment. As for full coverage, well I do not need full coverage, but the pigmentation in this product is dense so can take a little dilution.

No I wouldn't but again due to shade range, if they had colours in my shade I might as the price is accessible for me to buy the 2 undertone shades I need. (Works out as £20 for the 2, the price of a mid range foundation).

on 2/28/2018 7:29:00 PM

Would not buy again but would not say its the worst. It definable covers and is light weight but feels a bit like applying pigment on your face. It’s caking annnnnnd shade range is odd. 302 is toi dark and i am pretty light , 301 too white. It skips a variety but everyonés skin is different so i wont say anything. The product it self makes face cakey but will cover, that I’ve gotta give

on 1/10/2018 7:36:00 PM

Current favorite foundation- this is great. The coverage when applied with the Real Techniques buffing brush, is flawless. This doesn’t make me break out, or oily. In fact, it’s comfortable and lasts all day. The nice thing is, it doesn’t settle into the pores on my nose. The packaging is awesome, as I squeeze the desired amount directly onto the brush. It does not get messy! It blends so well, has great packaging, and lasts all day. This is a winner for me!

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

The packaging isn't the greatest for this type of foundation. The foundation its self is very good. I have basically normal skin with breakouts on my chin (hormonal) I do have to say its pretty thick and on the package it says "weightless feel" which i'm not saying its super cakey but you can tell you have makeup on. It blends into my skin very well. I like a brush with this type of foundation. like a dense buffing brush.

on 10/7/2017 4:52:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

I actually like this foundation. It works well with my severely dry skin. I found the coverage to be medium-full and it is not build-able. More than one layer and it cakes up. It lasts the whole day on me. One lippie off because the medium shades all pull pink on my yellow undertone skin, so I wouldnt repurchase this again.

Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure

I was very surprised that a drugstore foundation who claimed to be full coverage was actually FULL coverage! It covered all my dark spots and stayed matte but I wish the darker shades had more undertones than just red. I uploaded a video comparing the Total Cover foundation to the pro matte foundation and was very pleased with the results. Full review is on my YouTube: Mary LeMuse

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

UPDATE 9/27/17::::: The biggest problem I had with this foundation was how oily it made my skin. I would put it on and within 30 minutes I just felt greasy and shiny. If I blot with an oil sheet, I would pick up a ton of oil AND a bunch of foundation. It wouldn't really wear off my skin but it just seemed to make my face so greasy. I tried blotting, using various powders, using different primers, and each time I would look like a stick of butter within an hour. I would blot, powder, blend, and look great. 30 mins later I would be an oily mess. Granted I DO have oily skin, I've never had a foundation emphasize that so much. I tried for the past 3 weeks to make this work for me and simply just didn't like it in the end. Maybe it was the mousse-y texture? I have no idea. I went back to revlon CS and my skin was immediately back to my normal oiliness (shiny after ~3 hours, light blot with a tissue and looking fine). This was a fail for me.

ORIGINAL REVIEW 9/3/17::::I like this foundation a lot for a few reasons: great coverage, amazing matte finish, good color tone match for my skin. I mix the lightest shade with nyx foundation mixer in white and it lightens it perfectly. I love the texture of this foundation, it is a thick mousse. Mixing it with the white I use (which is thinner and creamier) makes a nice thick but liquidy foundation for me. It dries kind of fast so I use a damp beauty blender to blend 1/4 of my face at a time. It looks super good on my skin at first application. Very nice coverage and matte finish. I am really oily so I add mac studio fx powder foundation on top.

The CON (only one) of this foundation is that it does not control oil at all. I am super oily and this foundation may not be for others who are as well. I have heard that this clins to dry patches really badly but I don't have dryness at all so I can't say.

BUT even with how oily I am, this foundation did not break down or separate on my skin. I always have problems with cakiness/foundation separating around my nose and chin. This foundation held up surprisingly well. I used some oil sheets to blot and was back to looking matte and flawless (although the shine returned within an hour).

I like the squeeze tube packaging. You get 1oz for ~$12 but the coverage is good! I will continue to work with this with various primers/powders to find a better oil-controlling combination.

on 8/25/2017 5:59:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Fine

This broke me out badly and I had no pimples prior to using. Won't be buying again.

on 7/26/2017 2:40:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Kinky, Medium

I'm just going to do simple pros and cons on this one
Pros:
Nice price point
Good packaging as hygenic and easy to dispense
Blends easily
Good colour match
Initially a nice matte finish that isn't flat
almost full coverage but not 100% full coverage
feels light on skin

Cons
Poor oil control - oils appeared on my nose after 2 hours
Not easy to reblend when oils start to appear
Oil slick on for head after three/four hours
vanished from chin after 4 hours
vanished from rest of face after 6 hours
left face looking greasy and as if no makeup there
clings to dry patches

I realy disliked this foundation and will not repurchse

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I recently had a rant about how the l'oreal infallible mattfying base primer confused me. Let's just say that this foundation confused me even more. When the makeup lady tested it on my face, it looked nice. Paired it together with my infallible mattifying base primer(eventhough it did break me out on the chin) and I thought i found my holy grail. Here's where it gets tricky. Few weeks later, the unexpected happens. The foundation looked extremely cakey, my oils came out to play, and my face looked orange! I don't know what happened! The foundation oxidized very fast, gave me a really orange appearance, and I looked all- around cakey. Mind you, my makeup was and is stored in the same place so I know it's not me. I also saw a similar review on the product, whereby a user said it suddenly stopped working for her and made her an orange grease ball. Shelf life maybe? i dont know. I still have it in my collection waiting for some miracle to happen.