L'Oreal Infallible Total Coverage

L'Oreal Infallible Total Coverage

3.1

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I recently had a rant about how the l'oreal infallible mattfying base primer confused me. Let's just say that this foundation confused me even more. When the makeup lady tested it on my face, it looked nice. Paired it together with my infallible mattifying base primer(eventhough it did break me out on the chin) and I thought i found my holy grail. Here's where it gets tricky. Few weeks later, the unexpected happens. The foundation looked extremely cakey, my oils came out to play, and my face looked orange! I don't know what happened! The foundation oxidized very fast, gave me a really orange appearance, and I looked all- around cakey. Mind you, my makeup was and is stored in the same place so I know it's not me. I also saw a similar review on the product, whereby a user said it suddenly stopped working for her and made her an orange grease ball. Shelf life maybe? i dont know. I still have it in my collection waiting for some miracle to happen.

I really wanted to like this foundation but I just couldn't make it work ! It ended up looking really cakey and textured on my skin after a few hours. It claims to be long wearing but it wears off quite easily ! The shade that I picked was 9 light sand which matched me very well. The most disappointing thing about this foundation is the coverage. It claims to be full coverage which I was really excited about. I have spots and it really didn't cover them very well at all ! I'd say it's medium coverage at best. Overall it's a pretty disappointing foundation.
Pros:
-Smooth, blendable formula
-The shade that I picked matched me well
-The packaging is simple and works fine
-It's not too expensive
Cons:
-It isn't full coverage, at least on my skin
-It doesn't wear very well, it gets oily after a couple of hours
-It leaves my skin looking really textured and cakey after a couple of hours
-I feel like you have to use quite a bit of product to cover your entire face

I love the packaging on this.

I really wanted to like this foundation. I have dehydrated skin. Some days it acts normal, some days it acts dry and some days it's a little bit oily. Which is fun to deal with.

This foundation went on nicely. It looks flawless at first which is what I want. But by midday I'm an oily mess from this foundation and it's separating.

Basically I would suggest this more towards dry or normal skin. Oily skin wouldn't be able to work with this.

on 5/9/2017 4:24:00 PM

This foundation has a really nice coverage. I have some flaws and rosacea and this foundation covers them perfectly.
The only problem I see in this foundation is that it starts to become really oily on my T-zone and consequently does not last all day.
I'll try to use this foundation with some matte powder to see the results.
It's not easy to blend but after some effort the result is really good.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

When this thing says it's full coverage, it's full coverage! My acne scars and deep purple marks on my neck are completely masked, my whole face as a whole even toned. This, however, is super cakey if not blended out with a super dense foundation brush. It sets to a soft, matte powder finish; not the "natural" finish that the bottle claims. I would only recommend this for super oily, textured skin that needs some serious help. I did bake in my t-zone, used a powder foundation as well as a compact powder on top of this and my face was supringsly not overly cakey or matte; it was just right to completely lock everything in for the day. I did as a preventative measure dowse my face in the E.L.F Mist and Set Spray to make sure that everything blended well together and didn't look overly thick. Although the look of everything is really soft and seamless with all of the extra steps I took this is by no means an "air-light" texture. It's super thick and feels like facial spackle. The color 302 Creamy Natural matches me perfectly! I always have such a hard time with L'oreal foundations either being too light or way too dark and this one is the right shade of Light Skin with Yellow undertones. All in all I would definitely keep this on hand for when I need something serious that lasts all day but for everyday wear this is way too much.

Its ok for my oily/combination skin,but i do have to use MUFE mat.primer on the summer month on my nose and forehead,but on the rest of the year its perfect(except the fact that oxydazing on different moisturaizers).It has a matte finish.You don't feel the need to powderd.

on 4/19/2017 7:15:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral

I don't like this foundation at all. I found the shade natural beige way too light for me which is very disappointing especially since I'm in natural beige with the other Loreal foundations. The formula is too thick and dries rather quickly which makes blending really hard. It also makes me look very dry and cakey, and this is coming from someone with oily skin.

on 4/15/2017 12:19:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I loved this product when I first tried it... But every single time I use it, I break out. I'm not sure what is causing this as I don't have sensitive skin at all, and I never break out. It has really good coverage and lasts but.. Be warned, it might do the same thing to you!

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I do like this product. I just had to make it work for me. It is a little too thick to wear on it's own. I mix this with the regular infallible matte foundation. I use a ratio of 25% Regular Infallible Matte foundation to 75% Total Cover with just a drop of pure almond oil. This works great. Just an idea for those who feel it is a bit too thick or does not blend well.

After that is wears well... covers my freckles without looking like a mask. I don't know about the 24hr lasting time though. Does last a good 10 hours with minimal touch up.

on 4/6/2017 1:31:00 PM

I purchased this foundation after loving the pro glow and the pro matte foundations. They are both amazing for their prices so I went to try the total cover and was very disappointed. I usually always blend my foundation with a beauty blender but this foundation had a very unique formula and I was unable to blend at all. The product sat on the surface of my skin and in seconds oxidized to an orangey colour as well as being extremely blochy. It made my skin look extremely texturized and every blemish on my skin became even more prominent. If you have problematic skin or you are looking for a full coverage foundation this is not the one!!! This foundation is good at most two layers but it still doesn't have coverage so if you have nice smooth perfect skin this will be amazing but if not, look somewhere else for your new foundation.