MAC Cosmetics Double-Gleam Extra Dimension

4.7

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

This is one of the most versatile and most well-loved highlighters in my collection. I was looking for a highlighter that would look super intense but also somewhat natural in a wet-type way. This highlighter works so well for that look and really gives the appearance of a wet look on the face. It does have some glitter particles in it, but I find they help that wet look and don't look chunky or out of place. The packaging is very plain but very solid and clasps nicely. I've taken it on several vacations over my other highlights and I never worry about it breaking. I will definitely repurchase if I ever run out.

Tips: If you're having trouble getting it to reflect nicely and look smooth or if you just want to maximize that wet look, I recommend applying it on wet foundation/concealer. I usually put on a medium-coverage dewy foundation and concealer, then take the highlight on a small fluffy brush, tap off the excess and buff it into the foundation. This highlight can look a bit chunky/textured it applied over dry foundation (as can any highlighter), but it looks really shiny and skin-like buffed in when wet. Then I apply bronzer and blush in the usual spots and blend them into the highlight for a natural glowy look.

This is a very "wet and intense" highlighter. If dont like the "i am wearing a highlight" look, you wouldnt like this

I had given away my mary lou manizer and began to miss it. But i wanted an alternative that was even better. I had my eye on this for so long and decided to pull the trigger. Its my go to for a wet foiled looking cheekbones. My everyday is laura mercier baked matte highlight in 01 which is just a glow from within. This one is comparison is that on crack. it matches my skin but it is a bit stark and hey look at me i have a streak of silver on my cheeks. Its mac nylon eyeshadow but in better formulation... but the pan on these highlights are very hard to the touch, it seems to maybe have a film on top. Anyways, i dont gravitate towards many of the pale gold highlights because it looks very unnatural.

Edit. Okay i hate to be the nail that sticks out but....after comparing this with my champagne pop(more natural on me) this one looks too silvery white with much more glitter. It just looks really unatural and like if i was sweating or if im the tin man from wizard of oz Lol im not into super intense highlights so i decided to return this.

*LOVING MAC CREAM COLOR BASE IN HUSH ! If you like a more natural highlight the ccb are wonderful!

This is really is a gorgeous highlighter. I'm partial to icy pearl toned highlighters that have an almost ice blue shift. The powder is so smooth and buttery, and can be used subtly, or built up for an out of this world glow. I must have 25 highlighters, and will never ever probably hit pan on any, but that's ok, that's what beauty junkies do! Although way back in the day before highlighters we're a super rage, I did hit pan on theBalm Mary Loumanizer, probably because I only had 2 highlighters back then..Pick this up, you won't be disappointed 💄💋💖

Amazing highlighter which is very glowy but still wearable in a averyday basis. The formula is semi wet, which looks so good on my skin. This one looks awesome on fair skinned people.

Beautiful highlighter for pale skin! Its a whitish-gold sort of colour and it is super pigmented. It gives a very glowy finish however it is not glittery! It almost looks wet on top of foundation! I don't wear foundation daily so I apply this to my bear skin on top of a cream blush and it just brightens my face while still looking natural! I pack more of it onto of foundation for special occasions and it can also look intense.
PROS:
- You get alot of it
- Nice neutral gold color
- no glittery finish
- can look natural or intense
- Sturdy packaging
CONS
- None that I can think of

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Other

Hooooly crap this is amazing. I know this is the most typical looking highlighter of the newly released permanent extra dimension highlighters, but it is seriously beautiful. First, the packaging is the original MAC compact which I like. The new magnetic ones are cool but the back rounds in so it's difficult to store with other compacts. The texture of this highlighter is very smooth. I feel like to goes onto the brush easier and is less dry and stiff than other extra dimension products I've tried. It's very pigmented and is sparkly and wet looking but not glittery. I had no glitter fall out. But the sparkle is so pretty. I can apply this lightly so it doesn't have to look crazy but you can also pack it on for a very wet looking highlight. The color is a soft white. It looks gold in the pan but goes on white. But it's more of a translucent soft white. It's funny because I have Chanel Camelia de plumes which looks much less yellow in the pan, but swatching them side by side Chanel is yellow and MAC is white. I'm going to take picture of them and MAC lightscapade together for comparisons. If you wanted Chanel Camelia de Plumes, you should get this. It's close enough, if not better.