76%
package quality

price range

Reviews

10 months ago

These come in 15 gorgeous HD shades, some very sheer and some highly pigmented (huge differences in pigment - be aware of this!). I got these in 3 shades: Rhubarb - 745, Coral - 740 and Desert - 710. All three were lightweight, non-sticky, yet very moisturizing - which was pretty much expected since they contain Hyaluronic Acid. The fragrance (supposed to be Vanilla/Mango but more like Caramel to my nose) in these is not over-powering but definitely noticeable for the first half hour or so after applying. Now when it comes to staying power I would say these fall somewhere between a gloss and lipstick, but to be fair they will come off when coming into contact with anything, but very easy to reapply and that too from a lovely metallic tube packaging! If I had to pick a fave from the bunch it would 100% be Rhubarb which is a very strongly pigmented and vibrant color that goes well with my skin tone, whilst on the other hand 'Coral' was far to sheer for what I expected it to be, almost like a lip sheen, so that's one which I wouldn't want to purchase again. And lastly these do have a slight hint of shimmer to them which I hadn't been aware of beforehand, but it's subtle and nothing major or noticeable. Selena x ~ My HG list ~ (As I've sampled 100s of skin, hair and m/u products over the last decade and a half, I thought it might be useful to share my top 10 must-have products, subject to change if and when I come across something more effective. I love constantly trying out new stuff - usually sample sizes via e-bay, also plenty courtesy of a friend who works at Sephora) 1. Hair Loss Treatment: ‘Divine Herbal’ - Hair Oil 2. Lip Balm: 'Nuxe' - Reve De Miel Lip Balm 3. Pigmentation + Anti-Ageing Treatment: ‘Divine Herbal’ - Facial Treatment Serum 4. Cleanser: 'Paula's Choice' - Skin Balancing Cleanser 5. Concealer: ‘Mac’ - Studio Finish Concealer 6. Lash Growth Serum: ‘Divine Herbal’ - Divinelash 7. Foundation/SPF: ‘Juice Beauty’ - Stem Cellular Repair (warm glow) 8. Face Scrub: ‘Sisley' - Botanical Gentle Buffing Cream 9. Moisturizer: ‘Lush' - Enzymion 10. Hand Cream: 'Origins' - Make A Difference Rejuvenating Hand Treatment

About reviewer (567 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinCombination, Tan, Not Sure

HairBlack, Other, Other

10 months ago

Picked this up because I saw it won an Allure Beauty Award. This is definitely a nice product! Super creamy and the colour pay is just right (not too sheer not too opaque.) It has nice moisture and feel very comfortable on the lips. I got HD Sand which is a beautiful pink nude on my light-medium olive skin tone. Definitely interested in picking up another colour.

About reviewer (297 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBlond, Straight, Medium

EyesGreen

2 years ago

Have this in Coral, it's very similar to the discontinued lip butter in juicy papaya. I actually like this a bit more, nice shine, great colour not too bright but a lovely sheer coral. Would repurchase.

About reviewer (966 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair, Not Sure

HairBrown, Curly, Coarse

EyesGray

2 years ago

Finally found the perfect coral shade that is pigmented (Sunset) enough for my lips, warms up my light-medium Asian skin tone, and feels like a lip balm. I would say I actually prefer this over my Laura Mercier gloss stick. I plan to check out other shades next. Projectvanity.com has good swatches of the shades.

About reviewer (89 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

HairBlack, Straight, Coarse

2 years ago

I have this one in Desert, a very pretty, natural (but light in shade) balmy lipstick. It is a very enjoyable lipcolour... not quite a lipstick, but more pigmented than a balm... it feels great on the lips and helps condition them. There is an almost strange melon-esque scent to it, but that dissipates quickly. The shade is very flattering, I would say universally so. The colour lasts a little while, though the balmy coverage/feel goes away a bit quickly (maybe 1 hr?). It feels light on the lips and wears a bit sheet. Really nice balm... I would buy it again!

About reviewer (304 reviews)

SkinSensitive, Fair, Neutral

HairBlond, Straight, Fine

EyesBlue

2 years ago

I am shocked to see no rave reviews for Adobe or Arabica. Not even a mention. They are both gorgeous reds. Adobe is a clear true red that goes on so smoothly. Arabica is a deeper red with some brown. I love them both and feel so fortunate to have found them.

About reviewer (201 reviews)

Age56 & Over

SkinNormal, Fair-Medium

HairBrown

EyesGreen

2 years ago

Somewhere between lipstick and gloss. Opaque, smooth and lightweight. I got Dessert and Sand, both beautiful ‘my lips but better’ colours. Very moisturising and the moisture lasts even when it’s worn off. The fragrance doesn’t bother me, it’s kind of fruity, although I much prefer vanilla type scents. Better than some high end brands without the extortionate cost. Highly recommend!

About reviewer (25 reviews)

SkinSensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

HairBlack, Other, Other

3.0
from

2 years ago

So recently (and delayed might I add), I was looking for a purple lipstick. I went shopping and couldn't get any cheaper drugstore brand so I ended up at a Revlon counter. Initially I was looking for a matte lipstick but was told that the particular range was limited edition. So I tried on the new Ultra HD Gel Lip Color in HD Twilight. It looks very purple in the packaging but when I applied it, it was not as saturated with color as I wanted and was more of a thicker gloss than a lipstick. The packaging was no fuss and the lipstick glided well onto my lips. It is a very hydrating formula with a fruity scent and it also matches well with the Revlon Vixen lip-liner. Unfortunately the color did not last very long on my lips. Without eating or drinking the maximum time was about 3 hours. It is a good product if you're looking for something in-between a lip-gloss and lipstick but on the price side, I didn't particularly find it worth the money especially for the quantity that you get (1.7g).

About reviewer (4 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinOily, Medium Brown, Warm

HairBrown, Curly, Fine

2 years ago

I got two of these because they were both so gorgeous. 755 Vineyard (plum) and 760 Adobe (red). They had a tester for every shade which is so rare now. I love the smell, the taste, and way it goes on, and it even lasts through eating better than some lipsticks. These are awesome, beautiful shades; they brighten the face without looking overdone. For once I was not disappointed when I tried them on at home. I'll be using these all the time now. Update Oct 16/17. I went back and got this in 725 Sunset. It is the perfect rosy coral shade I was searching for in 2014. I only wish it didn't wear off so fast but I just reapply. There are many corals in the world of makeup but most are too orange, too pale, too bright. This one is ideal and it's my new everyday lipstick. I still love the Vineyard and Adobe of course. But this 725 Sunset made me remember why I craved the perfect coral shade. I found it. This is as good as lipsticks get. Update Dec 2/17. I now have the shade Lava which is almost a poppy shade and stunningly beautiful. I almost got a couple others and may still do that. Update Feb 3/18. I now have 5 of these. I got Arabica which is a brown shade. I love them all and still wear them now and then, although they are so sheer and don't last very long. Update Jul 10/18. I have had these for about 9 months and have to report that they don't last. They are so easy to chip and smear on the cap no matter how careful I am. The bottom line for me is that the shades were beautiful, but it's too soft and messy to be ideal. I rarely used them for months, and when I went back to them I realized why. I like lipstick to last a while in the tube and not disintegrate.

About reviewer (242 reviews)

Age56 & Over

SkinDry, Fair, Cool

HairBrown, Straight, Medium

EyesBlue

2.0

3 years ago

I just find this too soft..or something..it makes a mess, slipping and sliding outside my natural lip lines, is my main complaint. Just feels too soft when applying. I picked up the shade Dessert and it looks a bright peach on my lips, nothing like imagined or pictured in online swatches. And I realize lipsticks look differently on everyone, but I was not expecting a bright peach shade from Dessert, an 'a very unexpected color' to me is something I usually get from cheap low quality lipsticks. Also disappears within about half hour. Pretty much a colored lip balm, and an overpriced one and bad-performing one, at that. Just not a fan, and I will usually try 2 shades before deciding, but my experience with the one is so unfavorable, I am not interested in trying another. To me, NYX gel plush lipsticks, which are similar in theory, are nicer than these and perform better, and are along the same vein of these.

About reviewer (686 reviews)

Age44-55