Incognito (Dana)

1 review

Price: $

Price: $

on 12/21/2016 7:23:00 AM

This is an oriental fragrance released by Dana in 1992, in a similar vein to Obsession by Calvin Klein. I'm reviewing a miniature in eau de cologne concentration. The notes according to Fragrantica are:

Top notes: aldehydes, orange, green notes, basil, bergamot, brazilian rosewood and lemon; middle notes: honey, carnation, cinnamon, orris root, jasmine, ylang-ylang, lily-of-the-valley and rose; base notes: amber, sandalwood, tonka bean, patchouli, benzoin, civet, vanilla, incense and styrax.

I'm not impressed.

Looking at the above notes you would expect this to be a thick, resinous, sensual oriental powerhouse. Maybe it was when it was first released. Maybe it still is if you can get an eau de parfum concentration, but in the current edc it's a thin, light, dusty concoction that mainly smells like citrus, spices and amber. It's a skin scent after less than half an hour, it is linear with little to no development and it's just downright dull.

On the upside, I decanted it into a big bottle, mixed it with fractionated coconut oil and now use it as a scented bath oil. Used this way, it leaves my skin smelling like I had dusted myself with a slightly old fashioned spicy talcum powder. Very nice just before going to bed in cold weather.

It's a definite no to repurchasing this. It is unavailable in Australia anyway, and I only purchased it because I was getting an order from Fragrancex and popped this in as well out of curiosity. I was hoping for something that smelt like a cross between Tabu (also by Dana) and Obsession.

Price for a 15ml miniature was from memory around $6AU.

Popular Fragrances