Stratia - Liquid Gold

Stratia - Liquid Gold

4.1

Water (Aqua), Propylene Glycol, Ethoxydiglycol, Niacinamide, Polyglyceryl-3 Methylglucose Distearate, Rosa Mosqueta (Rose) Hip Oil, Hippophae Rhamnoides (Sea Buckthorn) Seed Oil, Hippophae Rhamnoides (Sea Buckthorn) Fruit Oil, Panthenol, Dimethicone, Glycerin, Squalane (olive-derived), Cetyl Alcohol, Vaccinium Macrocarpon (Cranberry) Seed Oil, Tocopherol, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Ceramide NP, Ceramide AP, Ceramide EOP, Phytosphingosine, Cholesterol, Sodium Hyaluronate, Sodium Lauroyl Lactylate, Carbomer, Xanthan Gum, Diazolidinyl Urea, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Disodium EDTA.

on 8/8/2018 12:24:00 PM

I've repurchased this twice now in the original bottle. They just launched a new bottle, thereby removing my only complaint about this product (the pump didn't get the last ~20 uses without opening it up and shaking). The formula has truly transformed my skin. I've tried Cera Ve, Kate Somerville Goat Milk, Dr. Jart Ceramidin, Aveeno, and every single one either broke me out or didn't provide the soothing moisture I was looking for. This moisturizer cut down the redness in my cheeks by like 80%, soothes any irritation and does not break me out at all. My skin is more resilient and even. I use it on top of a hyaluronic acid (currently hada labo) and it's a perfect combination.

on 7/15/2018 1:14:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

What I want: a lightweight hydrator with ceramides that isn't tested on animals or sold in China, where they mandate animal testing even for products that claim to be cruelty-free. For some reason this is near-impossible, as many cruelty free brands are just full of cheap oils and without the really good stuff proven to work.

It's lightweight and you can layer it over and over if you'd like more hydration. I use it under my sunscreen on some days, even in summer, and it's not too much. It doesn't *feel* as hydrating as it is, if that makes any sense.

On a scale of 1 - 10, 1 being very oily skin and 10 being so dry your skin is cracking or patchy, I'd recommend it for 1 - 6 alone, and from a 7 - 10 as an additional layer under a heavier moisturizer.

I think of it as a hydrator rather than a moisturizer, if that makes any sense. For an oilier face it's more than enough, and for a dryer face it's a great additional layer. The ingredients are top-notch, as is the bottle and pump combo.

This does even your skin out and makes it smooth with out feeling greasy after. It really helps when you are using actives and have dry patches. I'm giving it a three because it causes a lot of closed comedones everywhere. I can't use it more than one day straight because closed comedones start appearing. I'm pretty sure it's because the squalene is olive derived and I'm allergic to olive oil.

on 3/27/2018 11:39:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

This is a holy grail product for me and I sincerely hope they never change the formula or discontinue it!! I have used A LOT of skin care products, and this is my all time favourite.

Skin type:
Dry/dehydrated, sensitive, acne prone

Application:
I was nervous to use this product at first because I am on the the fairer side (usually an "ivory" colour in foundation), and I have heard that this product can cause a slight staining, however I did not experience any discolouration after application. The product has a cool gel-like feel, and goes on very smoothly. It does not leave the skin feeling sticky or tacky, and I actually look forward to applying this. I will apply 3 squirts of the pump to my entire face as the first step in my routine, and then pat it into my face. I currently use this at morning and at night.

Cost:
At $24 CAD I think this product is well worth it. I do believe in investing in skin care, and I have spent much more on skin care products before.

Ingredients:
I always review the products I am going to use on my face on COSDNA as I have sensitive and acne prone skin. I have found I cannot use products that contain highly irritating/comedogenic ingredients. Liquid gold has some ingredients I love in skincare: niacinimide. rose hip oil, panthenol, squalane, glycerine & cermides. There is no added fragrance or perfume, which is a bonus.

Packaging:
Comes in a glass bottle with a pump which I really like.

Results:
Wow, this stuff makes my skin so soft. I have always tried to target my bumpy/rough skin texture with exfoliants, and I think this may have worsened some of my textural issues. My skin has always been on the drier side, and I think really focusing on repairing my moisture barrier and increasing hydration has made a huge difference. For the first time ever I actually would wake up with such soft "normal skin", (I don't have to moisturize first thing in the morning). I think that for many people this product may be moisturizing enough alone, however I will apply a light moisturizer & a few drops of facial oil over top of this as well. I do live in Canada and it can get quite dry in the winter months.

I think this product is definitely worth a shot if you have dry or sensitive skin. I am very happy with the difference this product has made, & ever since I started using this product in the AM as well as the PM I have noticed that my skin is even softer, and it has helped to reduce the redness in my face. I have almost finished my first bottle and I will be ordering another one!!

on 3/9/2018 6:46:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

If you have dry skin or worse; sore, sensitized, red dehydrated skin and you need this. don't even think about it anymore, go and buy it. This stuff is amazing. My face hates oils, hates everything.I can't even use cleansers, I use micellar water exclusively and my skin texture has improved as well as dehydration issues but that's another topic. I have an autoimmune disease and very sensitive, reactive skin that is prone to dehydration. Nothing I was doing was helping. Things like vaseline and Aquaphor did help but man my face would itch. I used to use shea butter but my skin can be so reactive it became sensitized to the shea butter (has latex proteins) and that is in a lot of high-quality moisturizers and was awesome. Of course, until I started getting hives. I was buying TWO kinds of cream by Avene and layering them. It was too heavy and led to irritated, shitty looking skin and I was in despair.
I turned to Reddit, (isn't that what most people do nowadays?) and read and read and read and I found out about Liquid Gold. I was really scared, I wasn't even going to open it I was going to send it right back, I was so scared it would suck and my face would hate it.
Well, it doesn't suck and my skin loves it. I realized just ten minutes ago more than half of the bottle is gone *already!! It's like a beautiful relationship, years can feel like minutes.I use it at night on it own usually with some serum under it, niacinamide gel or vitamin C, I don't go nuts. I do use Soft Touch AHA by Stratia and I feel rather ambivalent. I'll write a review.
I felt compelled to write this review because this moisturizer does what it claims: heals your skin's barrier. It's amazing and I want other people with serious dehydrated skin problems to know: it doesn't stop at petroleum.
***UPDATE*** some bad things have been going on with Stratia. I have stopped using this because the cleanser I purchased not even three months ago was chock full of a pink, fuzzy mold that smelled like blue cheese.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I really like this stuff. I decided to try it because my face is super prone to redness, sensitive, combination of dry but oily on my chin and nose. This stuff has really helped in calming my skin down a lot in combination with my other products. I was really concerned it would break me out on the oilier parts of my face but it hasn't at all. There is a yellow tinge but if you rub it in more it goes away. The color is beautiful and the price is right. Also, as someone who is obsessed with being more environmentally friendly I appreciate the glass bottle. I have already purchased 2 backup bottles and plan to continue using it.

EDIT: Ok so this is not the official use but I noticed after months of using this on my eyebrows and lashes (I'm really sloppy when I put it on) that my eyebrows grew back like crazy (I had been trying to grow them back for a while) and my lashes were super long and thick. I looked up niacinamide and sea buckthorn oil for hair growth, and wouldn't you know it, they do have an effect! So yeah, I now consider this stuff a hair regrowth serum and use it that way on my face every day

on 1/30/2018 9:11:00 AM

I have dry, dehydration-prone skin that also breaks out, and I am completely obsessed with liquid gold. It completely retexturizes my skin -- it's soft, smooth, and completely flake-free. I use tretinoin, and usually can only use it once every few days because otherwise my skin starts to flake, but if I'm using Liquid Gold, I can use it almost every night. Best moisturizer I've ever used; I will repurchase forever.

Like another poster below, I wrecked my skin by using AHAs/BHAs too aggressively for too long, without properly hydrating and pampering my skin. I'd used this a year ago when my skin was still fairly normal, and at the time it was an okay light moisturizer - I liked it but didn't repurchase. However, when I started researching ways to repair my damaged barrier, Liquid Gold kept popping up all over the place. By this point I'd already been slathering on LRP's Cicaplast Baume and Dr. Jart Ceramidin Cream, and they were showing signs of helping my skin heal. As soon as the Liquid Gold came, however, it was like overnight magic - the persistent micro closed comedones that had showed up and stubbornly sat on my cheeks for months finally, finally started to go away. (It wasn't literally overnight, it took a few days!) I also started using Stratia's Rewind serum at the same time, so I'm not sure what the key ingredient is between the two products that really helped the most - the ceramides, niacinamide, etc. - but this definitely makes my skin feel super soft and plump and happy. I don't use it as my sole moisturizer, but use it as the final serum layer, about three pumps pressed in gently all over, until it's mostly absorbed. Sometimes I mix it with a few drops of facial oil, and I really like that combination (I'm currently mixing it with Votary's Super Seed oil). I do a final 'sealing' layer of the Dr. Jart Ceramidin Cream, and my skin looks and feels great - plump, clog-free, and my dehydrated forehead lines and bits of redness around my nose have reduced as well! This combination isn't the best for wearing under makeup - it leaves a layer of product on the face that takes a while to soak in - but I work from home most days and I'm currently skipping makeup in favor of a very hydrating routine. On the whole LG is probably better for nighttime if you wear makeup during the day, because I find it leaves a bit of a sticky finish. But that could also be the serums and other products I tend to layer with it! Either way, I definitely highly recommend it for anyone dealing with any kind of skin damage, inflammation, irritation, acne, etc. - I don't think I will ever be without it now!

At first I was excited to try this out. I saw a ton of instagram users "advertise it" lol. I am surprised to say that for a product that is supposed to moisturize, it left my cheeks and forehead feeling stretchy and dry after 2 hours. My chin and edges of my face felt nice and smooth, it was really just my cheeks and forehead.

I wouldn't buy it again for myself.
The price was nice thought for $24.

Years of using Aha/Bha without proper understanding left my skin super sensitive and a real hot mess: lots of clogs, bumps and so on.

Now, my skin has kind of recovered but still shows quite a bit of sensitivity, around the nose area and all over the face. I've been looking for a good moisturiser and this might be it: many moisturisers have too many silicones which tend to break me out badly. Same if it's too thick, has too many oils, etc. Yeah, my skin is fussy that way. :/

Liquid Gold comes in a golden-like texture which spreads nicely and sinks in easily. As I live in Singapore which is rather hot and humid, I use only one pump in the morning and two at night. I sometimes use more for my eyes and my neck area at night or after exfoliating. I started using samples around end of May and eventually bought 1 bottle, with a short period of hiatus when my sample ran out. I couldn't wait for the precious bottle to arrive! :D

Together with Stratia Rewind and Holy Snails Shark Sauce, my skin texture has massively improved! (I also use Innisfree Super Volcanic Mask to keep my skin clear.) Liquid Gold has also allowed me to mildly exfoliate, something I couldn't even do for a brief/lengthy period. I can even use A-sol on my face now which previously caused my skin to peel and flake like crazy.

Initially, when I heard about this product, I was rather hesitant as oils tend to severely clog my face and cause a lot of whiteheads, oil plugs, etc. But so far, I haven't seen an outbreak of whiteheads, pimples, oil plugs, blackheads, etc. I took the plunge after finding out there were samples for sale. Yeah, a Reddit user called gothickornchic offers samples of Holy Snails Shark Sauce, Stratia Rewind, Stratia Liquid Gold for sale, among over 100++ other items.

Of course, I do wish the texture could be more lightweight as it can be a bit difficult to absorb in Singapore's weather which is hot and humid.

Price-wise, it's really worth it. I'd rather spend my money on something I can use than on all those "budget skincare" bottles I used to toss, after a while.

Packaging-wise, it's in a small little glass bottle. The pump is okay, it pumps out a very small and precise amount. Yet sometimes there's a little left running from the "hole" and sometimes there isn't.

Out of curiosity, I messaged Alli who said she chose glass for the look and feel. Still, I'm not a fan of glass. I've sometimes shipped items in glass to Singapore but they don't always make it in 1 piece, despite the amount of "stuffing" they use. I hope Alli will offer airless plastic pump one day.