Suqqu Extra Rich Cream Foundation

Suqqu Extra Rich Cream Foundation
Extra Rich Cream Foundation

Price: $

Price: $

>> water, mineral oil, cyclopentasiloxane, DPG, maltitol, phenyl trimethicone, ethylhexyl methoxycinnamate, sorbitan isostearate, tribehenin, petrolatum, synthetic phlogopite, polymethylsilsesquioxane, aluminum hydroxide, (dimethicone / Vinyl dimethicone) crosspolymer, hydrogenated lecithin, hydrous silica, dimethicone, polypropylsilsesquioxane, trifluoroalkyldimethyltrimethylsiloxysilicic acid, BG, methicone, ethanol, tin oxide, hydrogenated polyisobutene, hydrolyzed barley seed extract, Tsubaki seed extract, Makomubu extract, Honeysuckle flower extract, Saccharomyces solute extract, Yoshino cedar leaf extract, Lactobacillus / Soybean milk fermentation solution, Ashitaba leaf / stem extract, Apples fruit extract, Olive leaf extract, Touki root extract, Kihaeda bark extract, Yuzu Peel extract, okra fruit extract, ghetto leaf extract, phenoxyethanol, chlorphenesin, dehydroacetic acid Na, ( /-) talc, mica, titanium oxide, zinc oxide, iron oxide

on 12/1/2017 8:01:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

This might be fine for younger ladies. I was hoping All the hype about extra rich, good coverage and natural looking skin would lead to my Holy Grail. Not even close. I did find this foundation to be nice and creamy and it blended nice on application. It gave high medium coverage but natural looking it was not. I didn't find it to feel drying but it made my skin look very dry and more textured than it is. It dried down fairly quickly with no glow or dewiness - just flat and dry looking. Actually made pores more prominent and wrinkles more noticeable.

Maybe this would work better on younger skin but it definitely doesn't sit well on my 60 plus year old skin. It's a "no go" for me.

on 12/18/2016 5:19:00 AM

I am so torn! I`ve been saving to buy a good foundation, so I`ve been testing out the top notch Japanese brands (Cle de Peau, loved it!; Albion, loved it!) and a few Western brands. Most of the newer foundations on the market are SO GOOD, it is not easy to make a decision. Today I`ve tried the new one from Suqqu, the Extra Rich Cream Foundation, and holy cow! Their stuff just keeps getting better and better, I mean, how is it possible for a rich creamy foundation to not only look beautiful, but actually last as well (without oxidation) on an oily gal like myself, I`ll never know. This is much more emollient than the Cream Fix Foundation N, but blends even better, doesn`t sit in pores and gives a really high coverage that just looks natural (and this from a woman who prefers sheer coverage). There is no fragrance, this one needs a primer (I like the primer, too), and it is best applied with a brush (I used the Artis one). The only downside is that jar that can get messy. What to do??? I am so torn between this one, the CDP Radiance Cream, and La Prairie. Problems like these, I can live with.

UPDATE 12/22/2016:
I went back to the Suqqu counter to get more samples of this foundation because I wanted to see if it works just as well with my other primers (sunscreen, Burberry Fresh Glow, etc.) Basically I wanted to see if it wore that well the previous time because of the primer, and if so, would I have to splurge for both? If you factor in the price of the primer, too, then this foundation is up there in price with La Prairie. Happy to report it that it wore beautifully with all my other sunscreens and primers, although it does look at its best with the Suqqu primer, truth be told. This is why: that primer color corrects pretty nicely on its own, and you only need to use the TINIEST, TINIEST bit of foundation to bring this look together and make it flawless. So in the end you will be saving money because you won`t be using up the foundation even if you wear it daily. I think it is worth the splurge if you live in a cold environment, but for me I am still considering, because I live in Japan, and as we speak it is 20C outside, and even in the coldest months it never goes below -4C.

Popular Crème Foundations