REVLON One-Step Hair Dryer & Voluminizer

REVLON One-Step Hair Dryer & Voluminizer

on 10/30/2018 2:56:00 PM

I have fine, collarbone-length wavy hair that goes flat if you just LOOK at it wrong. I did not have the dexterity to ever master the blow-dry/brush combination without getting a brush stuck. Ulta had a flash 50 percent off sale on this tool and I jumped on it. I'd buy it again for the full $60. It takes me 15 minutes to go from damp hair to sleek (but not flat) , styled dry hair. My coworker asked if I'd gotten a haircut. I LOVE it. The hype is real.

Everyone is right that the tool is very bulky and takes a minute to get used to. It's not overly heavy, but big enough I'd hesitate to travel with it.

on 5/28/2018 2:06:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I was so sketpical even with all of the real-time youtube video tutorials and reviews, but this does dry your hair so much faster and easier than using a separate round brush. I love that it doesn't rotate on its own, so no fear about getting your hair stuck in it. My was done in no time flat and there was no comparison in how much better it looked than when I use a round brush on my own. Only complaint it is a bit heavy and not sure this is travel friendly.

on 5/21/2018 12:49:00 AM

The best hair tool I've ever purchased!

I'm extremely lazy when it comes to styling my hair, I just do not have the dexterity to use a round brush and a blow dryer, plus majority of my time goes into perfecting my brows. I love that I can dry and style my hair at the same time without using 2-3 different tools.

It seems large and bulky but it really isn't once you start using it. The noise is bearable, it is a blow dryer after all.

on 3/18/2018 11:05:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

What is this voodoo magic tool? I’m embarrassed to admit I bought a backup. Yes, a backup. My hair has been in rehab for almost two years. Naturally, it’s hamster brown, wavy/curly and FINE. Add fuzz and poufiness, heavy highlighting, a three year affair with extensions....you get the idea. I was left with bald patches that tore out the hair underneath fron extensions. I went cold turkey with no hot tools for two years, and switched hairdressers to a person with bialage ability and a gentle approach to blonde. I got jealous of the other reviews of this tool, and bought one on Amazon. (It’s also available in Target.) I had been using a John Freida hot brush to give the front pieces a bit of direction, and was happy with that. Then came this. If I blow my hair out, I usually get dead looking ends-bad straight hair. Not this time. This thing is powerful, with just the right tension. I get straight hair with swoopy body and curled ends. I can also get those spots behind the crown on either side that are impossible to straighten yourself. Now...how long does it take? Bear in mind, I have fine hair. Three minutes. Three. Five, if I’m being clumsy. No flat iron afterwards. Just fabulous, 70s bouncy hair. I cannot tell you all how many compliments I’ve gotten. The routine is Garnier olive whole blends s/c, Smooth Criminal leave in spray, biosilk leave in, and the dryer. Maybe some shine spray afterwards. This lasts for two days; I would wager that if your hair is thicker, this blowout will last longer. My hair has been my nemesis for years-now I get compliments. $50-59 bucks. And yes, I actually bought a backup.

GAME CHANGER! I went to cosmetology school. I can blow out other people's hair, but could never get the right tension for my own. I'm nearly 50. My hair is wavy to curly left on its own, and color treated. Years ago when I had the time to blow it out it would take 30 minutes or more, and a curling or flat iron wasn't even an option but a necessity to smooth it out. I also don't like product, I think they're drying and coat the hair with crap that builds up. For two decades I've resorted to a rough dry all over followed with my flat iron for smoothing, not even pin straight. Then I got this...

The first day I used it I was crunched for time. I sectioned off a large chunk in the back, split it down the middle and went in with the dryer. Immediately one of my difficult areas disappeared. I kept going to another large section, same results. I got to the crown and again, it was like magic. My long, growing out bangs dried perfectly. I had lift at the roots. I then ran the dryer all over as if I were brushing my hair to be sure it was dry at the roots. IT TOOK ME 12 MINUTES. Twelve. Minutes. And I didn't need a flat iron! All I added to my hair was some argon oil at the ends and length before drying. Even my daughter said it looked amazing. The next day, and every day since, I've had amazing results. In 15 minutes or less.

A flat iron will rob your hair of any moisture left after drying. This hasn't done that. My hair feels amazing, soft, and has visible life in it. Between the time saved in a traditional blow out and the loss of the flat iron, I've gained 20 minutes in the day. You can't mess this up. You can't do it wrong. And it's currently $55 at Amazon. Run and get this. It's worth two days of waiting for it.

After years of trying and searching for an AMAZING hairdryer… finally!

Just in the last two years alone, I have bought and returned 8 hairdryers (I'm not kidding), including the crazy expensive Dyson dryer! I’ve also tried T3 Featherweight, a CHI dryer, BaByliss Pro Ferrari Volare, one that was 2000 watts and many more. Before purchasing this Revlon dryer my go to was called Inferno. I’ve also purchased every hair gadget ever invented!

In my never-ending quest to reduce drying time with a bonus being able to eliminate my flat iron (which I honestly thought would never happen), I researched and purchase Revlon’s One Step Hair Dryer. Holy Smokes!!! I love it! Literally ever point they have on the front of the box is 100% accurate. You'll also see this review on Amazon.ca 'cause I have to spread the word!

Why it’s so great:
- I can go from sopping wet to fully styled, with no flat iron in 12 minutes! (was 30 before)
- Powerful wind (shockingly), so it dries your hair while you style it
- Has 3 settings, cool, low and high each with their own degree of wind power (and the settings are at the bottom of the handle so you won’t accidentally change or turn it off)
- Oval brush, this is the INGENIOUS part of this design!!! The brush also has shorter boar bristles that grab your hair and works JUST LIKE having your hair blown out at the salon. It grips and grabs and applies tension while drying. I showed my friend who is a hair stylist with his own high end salon and he said this product would put him out of business if his clients knew about it. And he has some women who spend almost $10,000 a year just on blow outs, if you can imagine! They go to him 2 or 3 times a week just for blow outs!
- Grabs even shorter hairs. Many reviews said it wasn't good for shorter hair so I was surprised with my results. The back of my hair is just above the nape of my neck, so the shortest hairs could be maybe 2” long (cause my stylist went to town on this last cut!) My stylist friend said it does than because of the shorter boar bristles.
- I don’t have to use a flat iron any more and I look like I walked out of the salon (not even on my bangs!)
- On the days when I don’t wash my hair, I use a spray bottle to mist my hair, and take a quick 3-5 minutes with the dryer and again, salon like quality, no flat iron, not even on my bangs!
- Lightweight, but a word of caution, the handle is a bit bulky. If you have tiny hands or problems with your hands it could be an issue
- Adds volume! I’m not using any volume product before or after styling. As someone with thick hair you would think volume wouldn’t be an issue, however thick hair is also heavy hair

I’m hoping to see a huge improvement in the health of my hair and reduction of split ends as a result of this dryer and no flat iron.

More About My Hair (should it be of interest)

I have thick hair, not curly, not straight. Colour treated. I colour my own hair once a month and two weeks after just the roots. Shoulder length in the front shorter in the back (like pretty short and barely pony tail possible in the back), Lob style. If I didn’t style my hair in the morning or after blow drying, it would be a mess. I even have a pretty cool contraption that suction-cups to my mirror, holding the hair dryer so I could dry using both hands and I still couldn't achieve a salon blow-out finish. I've also tried every shampoo, conditioner, treatment and spray under the sun in the quest to trick my hair into thinking it was healthy.

It would take on average 15-20 minutes to just dry my hair. Then a flat iron or curling iron because my motto before this dryer was ‘if you want good hair you need hot tools, that’s the price you pay for good hair'. In addition, if I were to leave my hair wet or even damp, it would still not be dry by bedtime.

Needless to say, I had to carve out time to wash my hair. It was a big production, so to the flat iron I would go in between washes, with massive split ends being created every day. I actually look forward to washing my hair now where as before it was a chore that I didn't have time for.

on 1/2/2018 10:26:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

This is the best thing that has happened to my hair EVER!!! Buy this! I have long curly hair and this replaces a large round brush and hairdryer. What used to take me 45 minutes to blow dry now takes about 15 minutes. This is no joke people. I had no idea it existed until about a week ago. I bought the flat paddle brush version first and wished for a round brush version then found this! It’s a round/oval shaped brush and blow dryer. It’s amazing, easy to use and really works!!!!

on 12/15/2016 2:53:00 PM

I cannot tell you how much I love this product. HG would be an understatement! I was previously a hairstylist and own so many hair styling tools I could have a yard sale.
Like most people I am so sick of using two tools to dry my fine, color treated hair. I have no idea how I found this but I actually look forward to styling my hair again.
You use one hand only and your hair comes out like you stepped out of the salon every time. It gives my fine hair volume and shine and is straight without using yet another tool.. The best part is I am drying my hair on low instead of with a high heat . The other day I was leaving my hairstylist after having my hair colored and drying my own hair with my favorite dryer. I was checking out and the amount was not the usual amount I pay. I questioned it ( I have been going there for approximately 18 years) and the difference was the girl had charged me for a blow out. Yup....that is how good it looked. Obviously, I paid the usual amount but was pretty happy about the reason. Try it...you will love it!

Popular Hair Styling Tools