REVLON One-Step Hair Dryer & Voluminizer

REVLON One-Step Hair Dryer & Voluminizer

4.6

on 3/2/2019 11:05:00 AM

I have bra-strap length hair that's wavy and often frizzy and this brush is a godsend. At almost 50 years old I have yet to master the art of styling ones own hair with a separate brush and blowdryer. This brush is very easy to use and does not cost a fortune. I air dry or blowdry my hair first to about 75% dry, and then switch to this brush. Afterward I just use a drop of oil to further smooth down some leftover frizz. The final effect is smooth yet bouncy hair that looks like straight out of the hands of a pro stylist. I will never be without this brush!

on 3/2/2019 6:34:00 AM

If your hair is short don’t bother. This is a huge brush. Awkward and way too hot! Took it back. Did nothing for my hair and it’s size annoying!

My hair is the most complimented element of my beauty routine and I must say that with this tool I'm in hair heaven. My fine long brunette hair loves it because it glides through it like butter due to the soft but effective bristles and the long surface of the oval brush (similar to a tangle teezer). This has never been possible before because brushes always tangled up my hair super badly and I was better off without round brushes that damaged and electrified my sensitive hair. This magical hair tool is now part of my hall of fame next to my ghd, henna, coconut and almond oil and my tangle teezer. This gives my long straight hair enough volume, shine (maybe because it releases ions) and feathery lightness at the top of my head without looking to made up or "puffy". On special days I take care of the volume part with this tool and run the ghd in a curling movement through the section starting right above my ears and my hair seriously looks picture perfect. The only thing I wish for would be less noise on the highest setting but that's due to the powerful engine, I guess. It's reasonably priced so I would really really give this tool a shot if you're looking for something that could seriously step up your game .

on 3/1/2019 2:57:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

I hate this brush, I got it because of the buzz going around, the good reviews and the fact that I found it on clearance at Target, it was super cheap. First is very loud, it has a very sharp high pitch sound, it's too heavy, gets insanely hot to the point that the bristles start to get warped from the heat and it turned my fine hair into hay by the third time that I used it, I had to cut three inches of the bottom of my hair. I will continue to use my trusted Revlon Ceramic Ionic Hot Air brush, I usually use the 1 1/2 barrel, it's lightweight, gives me bouncy, shiny hair, comes with two attachments, it's easy to clean, bristles stay the same and it's only like $18 on Amazon.

on 2/22/2019 3:18:00 AM

I live outside of the US and bought this product via amazon. The thing is, I was so excited to purchase it and did not read the disclaimer properly that the product is not compatible with the voltages of some countries out of the US. So while I did manage to use this product for a few mins (in which it performed amazingly), it short circuited after a while due to the voltage incompatibility. But honestly, in the period that it was working, I could really feel the quality of it. So I would def recommend, but pls check that your voltages are compatible.

on 2/22/2019 1:23:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I was really skeptical when I got this brush as a present from my SO. I'm mixed ethnicity with curly 3b/c hair. My regular process to get loose waves takes a minimum 45 minutes. I used this dorky looking, not-made-for-chicks-like-me brush, not knowing a thing about it, not watching a single tutorial.... and it cut my drying time by 20 minutes. Not only that, I was able to use fewer products and potions-- 3 down to one!-- and the one that I did use, I was able to use less of it.

Its effectiveness comes from three features: the high heat (sucker gets hottttt), the oval shape (which gives you more torque and less slip than a circular barrel), and the vented/boar bristle combo (which allows for both friction and heat flow).

Here's what I did: 1 and a half pumps of Living Proof blow-dry concentrate serum, combed thru wet hair. I then let my hair air dry about halfway (which typically results in stubborn roots when I round brush dry, meaning the flat iron is a must). Sectioned crown off to keep it damp, dried the underside in smaller sections, then the crown. I experimented using very small sections to large ones and shockingly both seemed to look great! Whaaaaa???? I wrapped into two oppositely twisted buns until the hair was cool. Unfurled, touched up a few areas with my cheapo curling iron and was DONE. No flat iron needed. It lasted my typical 4 days. Must've been a fluke-- there's no way it would work again, right? I tried again, same technique, same amazing results.

Friends, I'm hooked. IMHO worth every penny at full price, even if I had to replace it yearly.

Thanks for reading my thesis.

Unfortunately I have to return this to Target after wanting and searching for it for so long!! I've seen numerous videos with girl's who have ton's of hair like I do, so for the life of me, I can't see why this didn't work for me! It's not heavy, but with so many passes to get all of my hair done, it became heavy! I used it literally one time and most of the boar bristles already look crazy and all over the place. I can only imagine that after a month or two, had this worked out for me, the boar bristles and probably some of the pink tips off the other bristles would be too damaged or pop off completely.

on 1/31/2019 7:25:00 PM

This thing is so amazing! I asked my husband to buy it for me for Christmas. (I would have just bought it myself normally, but he was looking for gift ideas.) At the time, Target and Ulta were sold out, so he had to wait a bit for one of them to get it back in stock. Normal price seems to be about $60. Totally worth it.

I usually use a blow dryer for a couple of minutes to get some of the moisture out. But I have used it from wet to dry also, and that does work. But I prefer to dry it a bit first. Then I use this, and it really actually goes quite quickly. I have longer hair, quite a bit past my shoulders, with layers. I have hair that is a bit wavy, but not enough wave that it looks good that way. And it can frizz a bit. This gives it such a smooth look, and straightens without taking all of the body away. I can give it some curve on the ends Really, depending on how you use it, you can get some curve wherever you want it. But you can totally get it straight, too. (I know I'm rambling.) You just really have to play with it and try different things to see what you can achieve with it.

I do really wish they would come out with a round version. This is oval, and that's great, but I think a round one would be so good for days when I want more bend/curve to my style. I actually won't be surprised if they do come out with that; this seems to be really popular product, and I don't think I can be the only one who thinks they should have a round version.

When I use this, my hair looks amazing; smooth, shiny, just about perfect. And it lasts. I'm a daily shampooer, but this really makes my hair still look good on the second day if I really need it to. It's a really great product that I would highly recommend.

on 1/30/2019 12:57:00 AM

Easily the best purchase of 2018. Game changing for weekday mornings, this cuts valuable time off my hair care routine. I have fine 2b/2c hair that wants to curl and this gives me a salon quality blowout quickly that lasts. I watched a few YouTube tutorials so I knew to start with hair dried at the roots and I sectioned my hair, twisting the dryer to give my hair at the face and crown direction and movement. It’s lightweight and easy to maneuver and the buttons are out of the way so you don’t accidentally adjust heat while using it. There’s a cool setting which is really nice, and high is hot, which is great. I can basically dry and style my hair in about five to seven minutes no, one handed. Amazing. I also got this from Ulta for an amazing price during Black Friday. Highly recommended if you are struggling with round or paddle brush blowouts.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I can’t believe I never reviewed this! Got it a couple of months ago (used my 20% off at Ulta) and was fortunate enough to get one for half price at Ulta a couple of weeks later, around Black Friday (which I gave to my mom). This hair styling tool has literally changed my whole hair routine. I can have salon blown out hair any time I choose. Very little learning curve, too, since I watched a bunch of YouTube tutorials before using it. I recommend using it on damp, not soaking wet hair, and doing hair in sections to achieve maximum results. Worth every penny of the $60 price tag, but you can get 20% off at both Ulta and BB&B.