L'Oreal Paris Hydra Genius (Normal/Dry Skin)

L'Oreal Paris Hydra Genius (Normal/Dry Skin)
Hydra Genius (Normal/Dry Skin)Hydra Genius (Normal/Dry Skin)

3.1

782692 8 INGREDIENTS: AQUA / WATER ● GLYCERIN ● ALCOHOL DENAT. ● DIMETHICONE ● HYDROXYETHYLPIPERAZINE ETHANE SULFONIC ACID ● PENTYLENE GLYCOL ● PEG-20 METHYL GLUCOSE SESQUISTEARATE ● PEG-60 HYDROGENATED CASTOR OIL ● SILANETRIOL ● ALOE BARBADENSIS LEAF JUICE ● SODIUM HYALURONATE ● SODIUM HYDROXIDE ● SILICA DIMETHYL SILYLATE [NANO] / SILICA DIMETHYL SILYLATE ● SILICA DIMETHYL SILYLATE [NANO] / SILICA DIMETHYL SILYLATE ● HYALURONIC ACID ● ASCORBYL GLUCOSIDE ● AMMONIUM POLYACRYLOYLDIMETHYL TAURATE ● DISODIUM EDTA ● CAPRYLYL GLYCOL ● CITRIC ACID ● XANTHAN GUM ● T-BUTYL ALCOHOL ● BETULA ALBA JUICE ● ETHYLHEXYL PALMITATE ● OCTYLDODECANOL ● BUTYLENE GLYCOL ● HEXYLENE GLYCOL ● TOCOPHEROL ● POTASSIUM SORBATE ● SORBIC ACID ● SODIUM BENZOATE ● PHENOXYETHANOL ● CI 42090 / BLUE 1 ● LINALOOL ● LIMONENE ● PARFUM / FRAGRANCE ● (F.I.L B192199/1).

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

hydrating enough to oily skin

As others have said, the packaging reminds me of a fancy moisturizer from a department store. it is beautiful. As a moisturizer it works fine for me albeit I initially feel a little stinging when first applied. Which leads me to the scent. It reminds me of a perfume you get in a gift set you didn’t ask for for Christmas. It’s way too strong for a skincare product, especially one for the face. Would not recommend.

I was looking for a light moisturizer to use during the cold fall months and came across this at London Drugs on sale for less than $25. Regular price was $25, on sale for I think 20 or 25% off. It comes in a surprising nice glass package, and a substantial quantity of 90mL. This moisturizer is nice and light, not a big fan of the light scent, but it does the job. I use it over my Estée Lauder Advanced Night Repair serum and haven’t noticed any irritation. My skin looks soft, smooth and supple. I would likely need a cream when the winter months come but this is good for all the other seasons. I was looking for something similar to Laneige but cheaper and this is quite close. I am happy with it! Not too greasy for my oily/combination skin and moisturizing just enough. All I need is two small pumps for my entire face and even that might be too much. Great value for the price.

on 10/23/2018 8:08:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

have used this for 3 days, was wondering why my contacts were so irritated. After applying tonight the stinging in my eyes was crazy - and I didn't even get close to my eyes. Very irritating - eyes are hot and very itchy. Do Not recommend this product. Way to strong to put on your face and I am not usually sensitive

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Hmm..I am a little perplexed that this has gotten such low ratings, but to each their own! :)
I *kinda* like this....I was looking via google for a hyaluronic acid moisturizer and while I was tempted by a couple of others, I decided to go with this one bc it is easily accessible at the big box store and reasonably priced, and truth be told, I seem to have luck with most L'oreal products.

As a few others have noted in their reviews, I am in the same boat, in that my skin can be oily, but the main issue for me is my skin on my nose (and sometimes my cheeks) getting dry patches. I also like something light, and this is light. Feels pleasant soon as applied, softens my skin, feels smoother, no tightness, just a soft suppleness. Convenient pump applicator, which is very appreciated. The only reason that I did not rate this a full 5-stars, is this has a perfume-smell to it that is quite potent while applying, and takes about 15 minutes before not being as strong of a smell. Why do some companies feel the need to make skin products smell like perfume??? If they are going to do that, I feel that they should label it as 'scented'.... Also, this did not seem to keep the dryness from rearing it's ugly head on my nose as the day went on (although the dry patches were not as noticeable, but they were still there). This is not a miracle product, nor did I think it would be, I just hoped it kept my dry spots at bay, and it really did not help. I think at best this is for normal skin and slightly dry. If you have pretty strong dry issues, you might need something else. But for normal skin, I think this would be great! If you don't mind the initial perfume smell.

All in all, I like this well enough and I will use it, but it's not my holy grail (still looking!), and I would not repurchase this.

on 8/1/2018 9:08:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm

I like this moisturizer although I meant to get the one for oily skin. It it light weight, and doesn’t feel heavy or greasy on my skin. Sometimes my skin can feel sensitive after cleansing or using a scrub but I have had no problems with this moisturizer causing irritation. You get a lot of product, and the packing feels very nice and substantial. The price may vary from $13 to $17, so far I’ve found Walmart to be the cheapest.

on 7/6/2018 7:50:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I am super oily and I got this but for combination skin.
Even though I’m oily, I was getting dry patches around my nose and cheeks and they were showing up under makeup. I decided to change my moisturiser to a gel and decided on this one.
I love it. It’s really improved my skin so much. Within a few days my dry patches have gone completely. It’s really light and refreshing and sinks in easily. My skin feels so hydrated and soft. I use it morning and night and I can’t believe the difference in my skin.
I don’t have sensitive skin and the scent is not really strong but it does have a scent.
I love it so much I bought another one, so yes I recommend it.

Bought this after searching online specifically for a lighter type of moisturiser to use during summer. I have normal/combination skin and during the warmer months it tends to get a touch oily, so my usual cream-based moisturisers felt too thick and heavy and had my skin looking oily around noon already. I've been using this product for a week now and really, really like it. Yes, it has quite a strong fragrance, but as I don't have sensitive skin I actually don't mind scented skin care products. The texture is light, fluid, smooth and feels like a serum but packs a lot more moisture. My skin absorbs this super fast and it's left feeling soft, smooth and not greasy/oily-looking at all. I put it on in the morning after cleansing and putting on a serum and my skin stays hydrated throughout the day. The packing is very nice and I will definitely repurchase this, but only for use during the summer/hotter months. I saw someone else mention in a review that it didn't work on their skin during winter, but this is definitely not a product to use during the colder seasons, in my opinion.

This is not something I ever do, but I have signed up to this site purely to voice my experience with the product. I use this site for reviews on most the products I intend on buying and in a rush, didn't with this one and I regret it massively.

I bought this cream as it sounded fantastic on the surface. I have combination skin that can get quite oily later in the day. Serum type moisturisers have worked well for me in the past as it nears warmer weather and I thought I would give this a go. On the surface it says all the right things, looks quite the part in its pretty packaging, but it does not deliver!

I am on day 3 of what feels like a chemical peel. I have the reddest, most sore and itchy skin I have ever experienced. I was stupid enough to use excess product on my neck and on my ears too, so my head is generally a burnt, peeling tomato. I don't know what went wrong with This, but something is off with the product.

I have been using loreal creams all winter and they have been fantastic, but this one is a real dud. It may just be me, it doesn't like my skin (no other product was used prior. Just clean dry skin) so I advise anyone who intends on trying it to do just that. Test a patch first on a small area first. My face is incredibly sore right now, even to water and I don't wish this upon anyone.

on 3/30/2018 5:19:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

This product was one of the worst I've used on my skin. Way too fragranced and not good for sensitive skin (despite billing). I would have not just "it's working tingling" but painful burning which got better over time but it the hydration never seemed to last. I also stupidly used it in combination with another product that resulted in chemical burn of my face I am still trying to recover from----though based on ingredients it should have been fine; under no circumstance combine this with an AHA product. Will never buy again and honestly I am giving suspicious side eye to all L'oreal skin products at this point. I threw it out.