L'Oreal Hydra Genius (Normal/Dry Skin)

L'Oreal Hydra Genius (Normal/Dry Skin)
Hydra Genius (Normal/Dry Skin)Hydra Genius (Normal/Dry Skin)

3.3

782637/19AQUA/WATERGLYCERINDIMETHICONECETEARYL ETHYLHEXANOATEALCOHOL DENAT.HYDROXYETHYLPIPERAZINE ETHANE SULFONIC ACIDSILANETRIOLBISABOLOLDIMETHICONOLALOE BARBADENSIS LEAF JUICESODIUM HYALURONATESODIUM HYDROXIDESILICA DIMETHYL SILYLATEHYALURONIC ACIDASCORBYL GLUCOSIDEAMMONIUM POLYACRYLOYLDIMETHYL TAURATEDISODIUM EDTAISOPROPYL MYRISTATECAPRYLYL GLYCOLCITRIC ACIDXANTHAN GUMT-BUTYL ALCOHOLBETULA ALBA JUICEETHYLHEXYL PALMITATEBUTYLENE GLYCOLHEXYLENE GLYCOLTOCOPHEROLPOTASSIUM SORBATESORBIC ACIDSODIUM BENZOATEPHENOXYETHANOLCI 42090/BLUE 1LINALOOLFARNESOLLIMONENECITRALPARFUM/FRAGRANCEF.I.L.

on 11/14/2017 8:35:00 AM

Overpowering scent that lingers and lingers. Scent being such a subjective thing, I wonder why L'Oreal chose to drown what would have been an appealing and desirable product in such a pungent aroma.
I've ended up using it to smooth my knees and feet otherwise I would have tossed it.

on 10/31/2017 9:27:00 AM

I wish I could love this, but I can't. It does moisturize, so one Pro, but far too many Cons with this product for me.
I will admit, I like the packaging. It's a solid, heavy bottle without a lot of frou-frou details. I like the texture - it's very light, more of a serum than a lotion. It absorbs nicely, and my skin does feel hydrated all day without getting the least bit greasy.

And that's where it stops. Beyond those details, I HATE this product. The fragrance is STRONG. I'm not sensitive to fragrance, as in, it doesn't bother my skin. It does bother my nose. This smells like perfume, and not the kind I would like to wear. It does fade reasonably quickly, but it's just too much to want anywhere near my face.

This also breaks me out - quickly. By the end of the day, I will have numerous clogs and pimples. I know it's this product. My skin is fine, and fine for weeks, until I try this again and BAM. My skin has been clear for weeks. Yesterday I felt a little dry, so against my better judgement, I applied some of this for a boost. Last night I had pimples starting up already. This happens every time I give it another shot...I'm going right now to throw it in the trash.

I won't tell you not to buy it - it does what it says it does. It is a good moisturizer for as far as it goes. But be aware! If fragrance is not part of your skin care routine, move along. If you are prone to breakouts, you may want to rethink this one. I certainly won't use it ever again

on 9/21/2017 12:28:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Other, Curly, Fine

I wanted to love this sooooo much.. I kept going back to it hoping for a miracle..... But no.... No miracle here. Just a lovely bottle that looks expensive and a pretty serum inside. (that's what suckered me in) now..... I've started mixing this with dry sunscreen or a primer and I like it better that way, but even so..... It's going to the back of the cabinet. After a few days of using this my skin always feels like it has a million raised pores. It actually feels textured. And my skin is very smooth. I think it's all the fragrance inside. I find the fragrance a bit too much. I wish there was a non fragrance version. That would probably work well. I will try again if a non fragrance version comes out, but this version makes my skin a little worse.

on 10/2/2017 7:17:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Other

Got it on sale for around 5€, the version for me dry/sensitive fluid(pink label). Using it after a toner/essence as a starter or booster before serum is the way I use it. I didn't notice any negative reactions on my skin and I don't mind the extra hydration. Overall, I think it gets the job done.

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure

Great for my skin. I actually have oily skin, but this product makes my skin very soft and facilitates my make-up application.

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I find the Hydra Genius to be very gentle on my skin and absorbed fastly, i think it is a great base for make up and do not leave the skin sticky.
I am using it for 2 weeks twice a day and i also add some on my nose and forehead after sunburn and my skin is luminous and well hydrated.
The price is well affordable and i will defenitely buy again!

on 5/24/2017 3:35:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This could have been a really good formula, but there's waaaaay too much fragrance in it, and ALCOHOL. It's the 5th ingredient on a long list of ingredients. WHY, L'Oreal, WHY do you insist on ladling *denatured* alcohol into a product for dry skin??? Why do you think that's a good idea? And if you must insist on putting fragrance in your products (which apparently you do) then cut it back by about half!! It's not a good smell - like cheap/bad perfume, and there doesn't need to be nearly as much of it. Those problems aside, it's an ok moisturizer, tho it's a bit slick from the 'cones in it. I won't rebuy it, but I'll use it til it's gone and keep the awesome bottle. I'm starting to think the bottle is the best part of the whole thing....

on 5/25/2017 6:43:00 PM

I am pleased with this product. Where I live summers can be really hot, so very creamy, emollient products tend to melt and make my face very goopy. This will come in very handy on those days. It works very well under my foundation. Unlike others, I actually like my face creams to be scented. This lotion has a gloriously fresh, spa-like fragrance. I find it so exhilarating. And it disappears in seconds. And the bottle is gorgeous and high-end style. Yes, I would repurchase.

I got a sample of this for free from their site.

My skin is dehydrated. It loves hydration and being moisturized. So of course I was going to see if this works.

What I like: the consistency and pump bottle.

What I dislike: the cost and the acne it gave me.

I had clear skin. I thought I'd add this to my routine. It was the only thing I changed. I woke up with about 6 acne spots the next day. Which for me is rare. But it's a tell tale sign that my skin does not like this product.

I also do not like that my chin was flake today. I'm not sure what was going on with that. I've never had that problem before with any other skincare.

on 7/1/2017 4:18:00 AM

I had a very good experience so far. The product is gentle to my skin, soasks up quickly after application and is a good base for makeup. It's formula is good for hot weather and for combination skin like mine, which does not like heavy face creams!

Unlike some of the other reviewers, I like the smell of the product. It smells fresh and citrusy.

Popular Moisturizers