2.8

price range

Reviews

3.0

3 years ago

Bought this in Frenchie, pretty soft pink. I rarely use it but when I need it, I have it. Glides on nicely, not dry or waxy. The product is gimmicky in that every time I use it it, I give it a twist before twisting of the cap and the liner is always sharpened. The downside as I experienced w/ the waterproof eyeliner is that the product does not last long (pending how often I use it). Because I don't use this colour often I know I will have some good use out of it but if you purchase a common colour ie black or brown in the eyeliner or the lip colours often used ie reds, browns, pinks etc... this will not be worth the price. Will not repurchase, will recommend with caution...

About reviewer (248 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinNormal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBlond, Curly, Medium

3.0

3 years ago

I have this lipliner in Rosebud, Melon, Sherbet and Nude Fair. I love every one of the colors. I like the self sharpening feature. I hate the dryness of the product. For me, when I got about ⅔ of the way through the product, it broke off and left me with zero product. The colors stay true when applied, which is major for me, since my lips are on the bluish side, but losing that much product at once is a no-no for me. UD does have some excellent colors in lip pencils, which are creamy with great color payoff. I think I'll stick to them.

About reviewer (18 reviews)

Age56 & Over

SkinSensitive, Fair, Neutral

HairSilver, Curly, Fine

EyesBlue

from

3 years ago

I actually think this is a great pencil. I found that it glides on easily, and is super long wearing and doesn't smudge or smear. You have to get it on right the first time though because once it's on it doesn't budge. I took a lippie of for the pencil container it comes in. Its an automatic liner that doesn't have to be sharpened but I really have to fight with tube to get the liner up. I have to spend ages twisting and twisting the bottom just to get a tiny bit of liner above the tube so I can apply it. Perhaps I got defective pencil. In any case I'm pleased with this liner and would repurchase

About reviewer (150 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinCombination, Olive, Warm

HairBrunette, Straight, Medium

1.0

3 years ago

I decided to give this a try for a number of reasons: 1) The shade Nude Medium seemed like a good match for my lips 2) I wanted something long wearing and this was waterproof and 3) its swivel based so you can skip the sharpener. I have used this faithfully as my nude lip liner and based on almost every day wear, it lasted me 6 months so I think I'm well placed to give a review. Based on (1) it worked great, I appreciate that Smashbox had a variety of nudes that weren't too pink which suited me well. As for (2), well yes it was long wearing so I appreciate that after my lipstick/gloss wore off the liner was still there. However I did find the liner to be very drying and I had to drag this liner. As it's waterproof, I expected it, and I assumed it was the norm until I went seeking another nude liner when I ran out of this and found MUFE which was not only waterproof but creamy with huge color payoff to boot. Lastly on (3), yes very convenient, and I like having a precise point to line the lips without the need of a sharpener but you get so little for the amount you pay for that I realize traditional style pencil liners are hardly deal breakers. So would i repurchase this again? A resounding NO, not when there's a fantastic product like MUFE's lip linter or UD which is also long wearing and comes in a wide array of colors.

About reviewer (231 reviews)

Age36-43