Tarte Cosmetics Tartiest Quick Dry Matte Lip Paint

Tarte Cosmetics Tartiest Quick Dry Matte Lip Paint
Tartiest Quick Dry Matte Lip PaintTartiest Quick Dry Matte Lip PaintTartiest Quick Dry Matte Lip Paint

3.2

on 4/9/2019 11:19:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Thw texture of this is thin and not at all sticky. This dries very fast, and I agree that this is very matte and dry. If you like the crinkled paper-look for your lips, this will give you that after half an hour of wear. It's pretty nice that transfer with this is minimal, but for me, it's not worth how much this dries my lips out. Maybe this is something that can be a good choice on occations when wear-time is the most important thing, but for everyday use, I don't find this suitable

on 4/9/2019 10:19:00 AM

This formula reminds me of the Kylie matte lips. It is very drying and will settle into any lines you might have on your lips. I don’t have dry or cracked lips so the fact they look so textured is a big miss for me.

This did win one extra lippie because it does dry down and won’t move from your lips (the part that doesn’t get wet). However, once you eat or drink or rest your lips together and the inner rim gets wet - the product will wear off. It leaves the dreaded “butthole” effect.

Luckily, I have this in a neutral color so I will probably use it once in a while. If I had gotten this in a more intense color I probably would have thrown it out because the wear down of the product on my inner lips would have been too obvious and embarrassing. Do not recommend.

Hair: Brown, Other, Fine

I think I habe tries two of these minis from sephora as gift or with the nude lip kit. I have several liquid lips from various brands. this is the driest i have put on my lips..I cant speak to color selection because the shades were chooaen for me but I am not pressed enough with formual to purchase or even look. My fav liquid lip is sephira cream stains . Truthfully i have had better luck with drugstore. I only keep this to wear as a lip primer for cream lipsticks to grab onto. so for me not worth seeking out. Ymmv

Tried in rose....didn't like this color....more of a light brown then pink.....also very dry on the lips...and too much product on the applicator

on 10/12/2018 7:52:00 AM

Packaging: Thin tube easy to store. Price: I rated as a 3 because i got mine for free so unsure of the pricing & we don’t have Tarte in the UK. Product: I had the shade “ Birthday Suit” which is a mauve pink shade. When first applied the formula felt really creamy. However when dried down it was a matte finish and did feel a bit drying on my lips however i do get dry / chapped lips easily. The product smelt like peppermint which i thought was amazing! maybe not good if you have very sensitive lips or if you are sensitive to smells for health reasons. The product seemed to have lasted a few hours too. Overall i wouldn’t purchase just because i don’t like liquid lipsticks as i said before i got it for free from Sephora in Florida.

on 10/11/2018 11:21:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

This is my HG! I would recommend to all of my friends! I purchased the shades, "Fly" and "Sis" for about $12.00 CAN at Sephora during a sale. The packaging is good, nothing fancy but does the job. The formula applies smoothly and evenly to my lips. I have to use a lipliner but sometimes I get away without it. It's true to its name - it dries FAST. I used to hate liquid lipsticks because they always took forever to dry and smeared everywhere! Not with these bad boys. I find that they dry quickly, so the smudging isn't a problem. They last long, definitely longer than my regular lipsticks. I can drink or eat without my lipstick budging. I do touch-up after a big meal to keep things looking fresh. I can have a make-out sesh without worrying about my lipstick getting all over my boyfriend! This is a GREAT product, I hope Tarte never discontinues it. I have to buy more shades! This product has changed liquid lipsticks for me!

on 9/13/2018 10:52:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I have a mini of this from a Sephora nude lip kit, in Exposed, described as a rosy nude.

It's a pretty color, kind of a light warm nude that leans a bit pink. It's pretty pale, even on my light lips, but not so pale that it looks like I'm wearing concealer on them.

I'm not really a fan of matte liquid lipsticks, but this is pretty good. It applies well and sets quickly. I'm not sure if that quick-setting formula would work well with a really dark or vibrant shade, if you're not super accurate applying lipstick. Otherwise, keep a makeup wipe handy. For a quick-drying matte formula it's pretty comfortable, and there's a bit of give there, so my lips don't feel like they're shellacked in some flat adhesive. It's not drying in feel either, but on the flip, it's not moisturizing either. Staying power is decent. It does make my lips look a bit dry, so it's not a go-to for me, but it's the kind of thing you can put on before a meeting and sip coffee or nibble carefully on a bagel or something, and it won't let you down.

Would I buy it if I ran out? No. It's not a slam on the formula or anything. It's good and does what it is designed to do. I just personally prefer to put my money on something that feels more moisturizing and looks dewier on my lips, even if it means more frequent reapplications. But if you sought a matte lip that keeps you looking a bit polished throughout a morning of meetings or something comparable, this is does the job.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

I have this in Rose, bestie, and a few other shades. Rose is a very nice salmon pink shade while bestie is more nude. I love the color of rose, i like the texture of this lip paint, it doesnt dry out the lips and it applies really nicely. Does not have much lasting power though. Doesnt smudge too.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

Delish is my HG color. I absolutely love this product.
I love that it quick dries. I love how long it lasts. I love how matte it is.
I can kiss my kids and not worry about it coming off. It stays on my lips.
Yes, if I eat, it'll slowly start to come off, but it does take a bit more then my lower end long lasting lipsticks.

on 5/23/2018 6:01:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Other, Coarse

I love this lip paint. Yes, a bit drying but still very nice. I'm on my 3rd bottle of "exposed". Very natural color.