Wet 'n' Wild MegaLast Liquid Catsuit Matte Lipstick

Wet 'n' Wild MegaLast Liquid Catsuit Matte Lipstick

4.1

on 11/10/2017 3:25:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Amazing reviews made me go out and buy three of these, and I was at first disillusioned to find out they are dry and patchy within one minute of applying. Give Me Mocha wears the best. It's a bit tacky but not completely drying and it's a subtle rose brown shade. Nudist Peach is the patchiest one but can be fixed by applying a peach lip balm over it. My favourite now is Flame of the Game, a brilliant orange shade that is fine by itself and also looks good with a coral balm on top.

They are more annoying to use than most other lip products. But the shades are so nice. I know I won't be buying them again. They are, however, superior to some other liquid lipsticks. At least they are not impossible to remove.

I purchased 5 or 6 shades including Rebel Rose, Pink Really Hard, Coral Corruption, Oh My Dolly.... They are every bit as nice as similar more expensive products. Very opaque. They stay put really well for a good 4 hours even with some drinking.

Longer lasting lipsticks are always somewhat dry or drying to the lip. Wet n Wild is no better or worse. This is also going to be a thicker, more substantial product coming out of the tube due to the long lasting properties. I recommend wiping the foot well and building up to the level of color you want. The formula is forgiving until it sets. Once set, I always apply some sort of lip gloss over this. I do with every long lasting formula because they all tend to accentuate lines in your lips when dry. Lip gloss (any kind your heart desires) also makes the product more comfortable on my lips. AND - you can change the color in endless ways. Have a good base that stays on your lips - like a foundation - then change it up with your lip gloss. Besides, when I'm out and about, I always have balm or gloss with me because I can dab inconspicuously and refresh my color. Whereas, a product like this you need a mirror to apply and be really sure about what you are putting where and how.

My experience has been that different shades of the exact same product perform differently. MegaLast Liquid Catsuit Matte Lipstick is no different. I experience some variation from color to color. For me, the coral color doesn't seem to last as long as the others. The brighter fushia colors seems to wear down a bit uneven. Overall, I find that the Rebel Rose performs the best as far as comfort and lasting.

I would purchase these again .... before say, Sephora brand Cream Lip Stain @ $14/each (have these as well) which felt and performed exactly like this lipstick. It's the same product but Sephora has more color options.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

I love that these are long lasting and not overly drying! Will continue to purchase!

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

When I initially purchased one of these, I was a little befuddled by the applicator. I know some other liquid to matte lipstick use these (Dose of Colors has this same little "chair" doe foot I think?), but it turns out it is pretty nice. I prefer the doe foot that is a flattened tear drop shape with a little divot in the middle for liquid to matte lipsticks, but the chair version is pretty good too. It works nicely with Wet n Wild's formula, which to me is a little more moussey and less liquidy. It goes on comfortably and dries fairly quickly, and once dry it lasts pretty well. On me it is transfer-proof, but it does feel just a tiny bit sticky if I touch it with my hand. The shade selection is nice for every day kind of colors and the packaging is nice. It's interesting that WnW has the same liquid lipstick packaging as several indie brands, but I like the size and these tubes are very sturdy. I do recommend this liquid to matte lipstick, especially if you've found other options like Kat Von D or NYX Lingerie too drying. (This one won't be moisturizing by any means, but it is less drying than more liquid versions.)

on 6/20/2017 1:04:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Nudie Patootie is the perfect nude for fair skin – I have never been able to wear any matte lipsticks because I have extremely dry lips. I fell in love with the color Nudie Patootie in the store and had to try it. The color is a perfect cool shade that has no peach or orange tones. I have to apply my Maybelline SuperStay balm over this at least once an hour to be able to tolerate the matte formula. This formula lasted on me with the balm applied for 4 hours. I envy women who can wear matte lipstick comfortably.

on 5/25/2017 3:12:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I bought two shades - Nudist Peach and Coral Corruption. The peach shade application was very smooth and felt very nice on my lips. Then when it dried, I could sort of make out the lines on my lips but it wasn't too noticeable. Then, when i smiled, there was an immediate stopping line where the very inside of my lip was exposed. I tried the application with coral color the next day and again, it had a great feel to it and after applying completely to my lips, I used the wand to dab some color slightly onto the inner part of my bottom lip. I held my lips parted to allow the formula to dry. That seemed to help some but halfway through the day, the lipstick on that part right inside my lip was worn away and the line was even more noticeable. I think the formula is really smooth and I tried to like these lip glosses because of the price and the variety of colors available, but unless it's a user error and not the fault of the product ( and someone please tell me if that is so), then I am going to pass them on to a friend and see if they have better luck than I did.

on 5/24/2017 6:08:00 PM

I tried wearing the pink shade yesterday. I exfoliated and dried my lips, then put this on. It went on very patchy, but I was able to get a pretty decent coverage. A few hours later it was flaking and coming off my lips! I couldn't do anything to save it. I had to completely take it off. Definitely won't use it again. I much prefer colourpop.

on 5/18/2017 11:55:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Y'all, these are too good.... I have to buy all of them.

I currently have three of the shades:
Rebel Rose (the most beautiful dusty mauve rose)
Video Vixen (a deep, dark berry burgundy), and
Flame of the Game (vivid orange red).

The doe foot, first of all, is the best applicator I've had on any liquid lipstick ever. It has a deep "curve-hugging" contour that fits your lip, so it applies accurately.
The formula is pigmented, matte, and long-wearing on all the shades I have. Hate to say it, as Kat Von D liquids were my signature, but Wet n' Wild has completely rivaled her formula, especially with a price point below $5. Incredible. Cheap, fantastic quality, beautifully bold.
Unlike most mattes, these aren't drying, and yet they don't transfer! HOW?
I'm impressed.

on 5/13/2017 5:48:00 PM

I was really skeptical with this product.I purchased one,since it was buy 1 & get 2nd item 75% OFF.This liquid matte lipstick is AMAZING.I couldn't wait to go back to purchase more.It's really a hit & miss with me on lip colors.I'm too picky.This product met all my expectations: Color was great with my skin tone.Stayed on my lips without any strange peeling.Easy to remove.A+ WET "N WILD!!!

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I had to buy this after all the awesome reviews I've seen so I picked it up in Coral Corruption. it's a peachy pink that suits my fair skin. and it lasts better than any drugstore lipstick I've tried. even better it doesn't make me want to rip my lips off after an hour. if they get dry I just put balm on top. it also doesnt get crumbly like some long wears. overall this is a miracle product. WnW is really upping their game lately!