Wet 'n' Wild MegaLast Liquid Catsuit Matte Lipstick

Filtered by hair type : Straight
Wet 'n' Wild MegaLast Liquid Catsuit Matte Lipstick

3.6

I admit. I may have a bit of a a lipstick thang. I don’t wear much makeup really - some BB cream, sunscreen, eyeliner. But I do love me some lipstick. I’m relentless in my quest for a long long lasting, comfortable, flattering, reasonably priced, non flaking, easy wearing lippie. And this a rare notch in the win column.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

It can compete with MAC liquid matt lipstick! I got a Missy and Fierce - pretty good bright blue toned, vintage vibe red.

on 12/1/2017 1:43:00 PM

It's an alright liquid lipstick. The balance of having a lipstick that isn't overtly drying and doesn't wear off immediately is quite hard to pull off. This is almost-there, but not quite there. Does that make sense?

The formula is easy to apply, a little moussey. It has the same packaging and similar wand to Jeffree Star, but the formula isn't identical. What I like about the WNW catsuit is that it is unscented, and easy to reapply. It is also easy to remove. That being said, it wears off easily in the middle of my lips even when I eat non-greasy items, such as dry rice cakes.

That being said, the price & availability can't be beat. I prefer these over the Colourpop Satin, Matte, Blotted lips (nevermind, the hassle of purchasing and getting custom fees all the time too.)

I finally opened this in Rebel Rose - great color, a little darker than what I wanted. It went on nice and smooth! The lipstick itself is drying so that will be an adjustment. Will add more notes as it wears.

on 11/10/2017 3:25:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Amazing reviews made me go out and buy three of these, and I was at first disillusioned to find out they are dry and patchy within one minute of applying. Give Me Mocha wears the best. It's a bit tacky but not completely drying and it's a subtle rose brown shade. Nudist Peach is the patchiest one but can be fixed by applying a peach lip balm over it. My favourite now is Flame of the Game, a brilliant orange shade that is fine by itself and also looks good with a coral balm on top.

They are more annoying to use than most other lip products. But the shades are so nice. I know I won't be buying them again. They are, however, superior to some other liquid lipsticks. At least they are not impossible to remove.

Update Nov. 23/17. I have used all three of these enough to know they are not a good product for me. I've lowered my rating to 1 star. Here's the problem. They ball up after awhile if you add balm, and they leave your lips lined and dry if you don't. Either way the lips feel uncomfortable and look bad. This formula only looks good for a few minutes. Of course I was a fan of the beautiful shades and the silky application. But the look and wear are unacceptable. They aren't impossible to remove, but they are still hard to remove - you need some kind of oil. Use these for a while and you'll appreciate old fashioned lipsticks so much more.

on 8/13/2017 4:31:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

I gotta admit I wasn't expecting much but was pleasantly surprised. The first day I wore only this on my lips, two coats. The first coat I applied very thin and it was a little streaky. I went in a few min later to apply another thin coat and I don't think i waited long enough because it started to drag the color off. I stopped and let it finish drying before fixing it. This wore absolutely beautiful after I initially got used to it. At first I felt it on my lips and I'm really not a fan of that but then that Feeling disappeared and it was like I had nothing on. This did crack a little but I do have a lot of texture on my lips probably from dehydration. It wasn't noticeable unless you were right up in the mirror flexing your lips. (I'm a little special ;-) ) I didn't get that gross line on the interior of my lips and it didn't pile during wear. I did drink some water and some vitamin water without a straw. When it comes to eating tho it's game over. It gets pretty gross and becomes super uncomfortable. I suggest taking it off or your probably going to regret it. Reapply after. Also being a makeup wipe for removal or you will be fighting a losing battle. For the price point yes please. Now the second day I wore it with a wet and wild gel lip pencil underneath. BIG mistake! It was super uncomfortable, totally obliterated the staying power, and I got that gunky line.....gross. I'll be going with just the lipstick from now on. I bought the color 923B Pink Really Hard. The name says it all. This is some in your face look at me pink and I love it. Really helps that tan pop too. I didn't find this awfully drying after a couple uses. Other liquid Lippies have my lips screaming for a drink at the end of the day but these weren't too bad. I'm sure with repeated use I'll have to mask my lips before bed. Oh I did notice the second time I used it it got these chunks in it. Just a couple but it was kind of a pain wiping them away.
UPDATE:
I purchased another color 922B Coral Corruption. It performed the same as the other color I purchased. You get about 3 hours of good wear before it starts to wear off on the inner lips.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Flame of the Game: I bought this because it's supposed to be a dupe of a red I saw a BG wear. This is beautiful and I'm not sure I'll ever know if it is a true dupe, but it looks sexy as hell, so it's probably not "work-appropriate" or "family friendly." I think the word to describe the color is a true vermillion -- molten, vibrant, and doesn't take itself too seriously. I wouldn't eat or drink too soon after applying. You can, but I wouldn't. It performs best if you apply once and leave it be for as long as possible. If you eat you'll be tempted to reapply, which I can guarantee will change its chemistry. Removing it is also unpleasant. It's quite chunky when you're breaking it down with whatever method of removal you use. Use this for what it is: a gorgeous, very long lasting wild warm red, which you should not mess with until you're ready to start over. Take your photos first and drink your drink later. With a straw.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I bought the shade "Nice To Fuchsia - 927B" for a dance recital. It's a very bold purple. At first, I thought this was a dud. I put it on and waited 5 minutes, and it felt sticky and not matte. But about a week ago, I was bored and tried it again, and waited 10 minutes. This is mandatory! It looks really nice after 10 minutes. That's just a little too long for my liking though.

on 6/23/2017 6:19:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

i am more and more impressed with the "new" wet n wild. i'm very surprised that i missed any chatter about this lippie on you tube. i went into CVS looking for a new lipstick shade, and i saw the shade rebel rose. i was really attracted to it. a pretty but funky mauvey shade. the applicator is a bit different. it has a sort of scoop in the middle of the doe foot that holds more product so it can be applied with one swipe. the texture isn't too thick, so it feels really natural on my lips after it dries down. this only takes a few minutes. ya can build it up, but it begins to feel sticky. but with normal application it doesn't feel cheap or drying on my lips at all. i also bought berry recognize. this berry shade is a bit more deep and not exactly a summer color, but i'm sure i'll use it at night or for dressier occasions anyway. it also has good lasting power. it stayed on for at least 7 hours, eating and drinking, and i still had to take it off with my elf sugar scrubbie thingie. haha...anyway i'm all about a quality product that is also easy on my atm card.

on 6/20/2017 1:04:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Nudie Patootie is the perfect nude for fair skin – I have never been able to wear any matte lipsticks because I have extremely dry lips. I fell in love with the color Nudie Patootie in the store and had to try it. The color is a perfect cool shade that has no peach or orange tones. I have to apply my Maybelline SuperStay balm over this at least once an hour to be able to tolerate the matte formula. This formula lasted on me with the balm applied for 4 hours. I envy women who can wear matte lipstick comfortably.