wet n wild MegaLast Liquid Catsuit Matte Lipstick

wet n wild MegaLast Liquid Catsuit Matte Lipstick

3.7

on 3/6/2018 1:12:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

**Update 05/13/18: I recently also picked up Lavender Crown and Loose Change. Both of them are also pretty great, but I think Lavender Crown might be a little less pigmented than I expected. A second layer goes on fine, though. I feel like Loose Change wears off faster than the other colors I have, so I probably won't be buying it again.**

This is a review for Flame of the Game and Nudist Peach.

I bought Flame of the Game last year, I think when these first became available in stores, and instantly fell in love. It was the red lip color I'd been searching for (orange-leaning, instead of blue), and after years of looking and wasting money, I finally found the right shade.

I like that it's pretty bright, but not really neon-bright. The application is pretty smooth, and it lasts a really long time, even through eating and drinking. I sometimes do have to do a minor touch up after a few hours, but I expect that and have no complaints about it. This stuff is surprisingly comfortable for a liquid matte at such a low price. I've also tried one of the Nyx ones, and I loved it, but now I think I prefer Wet n Wild's Liquid Catsuits.

I really, really don't advise using this with a liner, though. I've tried it and it always ends up streaking outside my lips for some reason. But, because of the shape of the doe foot applicator on these, it's pretty easy to wipe off most of the product and use the tip to line your lips, then pick up the product and fill in.I like that a lot because it saves me some time and it's one less thing I need to carry with me.

Nudist Peach, omg! I'm super fair with neutral to warm undertones (for reference, Maybelline's FitMe M&P in Porcelain, L'Oreal True Match in W1, and Too Faced BTW in Swan are all too dark, but M&P is probably the closest match, with Swan being about 1.5-2 shades too dark), and I've probably tried 10-15 nude lip shades over the last few years. They were all either too pink or too...beige-y grey, I guess, and I looked like a corpse, or it just looked like pink lipstick.

This shade, though, is perfect. It's the nude lip color I've dreamed about. It's very close to the natural color of my lips, but just different enough to be interesting. It isn't too dark or too light, it's not a bright shade, and it doesn't make my face look weird and sick. It's a nice, warm shade that I can easily wear during the day for a simple shade and minimal makeup, or for going out with a more bold eye look.

So, if you're warmer undertoned and fair, and you've also had no luck finding a good nude lip color, I highly recommend trying this one.

I've only worn this 2-3 times so far, but so far I really like it. The application is smooth, the wear time is impressive, and it's very comfortable, just like FOTG.

My only kind-of-complaint about these is that neither ever quite feels like it's dry. They don't transfer very much (mostly just from the very innermost part of my lip onto a straw or something), but they still feel very slightly tacky, even after being on for a long time. It's not really a problem, but it's a strange feeling and took some getting used to.

Just a random tip for removal: If you've tried these (or other liquid matte lipsticks/long-wear lipsticks) and you've had a hard time getting them off at the end of the day, I suggest coconut oil. I tried it on a whim a while back after deciding to not wear FOTG, and it takes the product off in about 3 seconds. Just swipe a teeny bit onto your lips and wipe away with a tissue. I've tried other products in the past and they almost always caused the product to bleed outside my lip line and stain it, or there's been a stain of color left on my actual lips, but the coconut oil hasn't done that so far.

I will definitely be buying more of these in the future as I go through some of my other lipsticks and want to replace shades with longer wearing matte formulas, and I keep recommending these to other people.

Pros:
-Decent wear time
-Comfortable (doesn't make my lips feel dry or like there's a stiff product on them, etc.)
-Pretty cheap
-Nice packaging (I love how the cap kind of locks into place when you close it, and the shape of the applicator is nice and it's also not too big or small)
-Ok shade range (nice mix of warm/cool shades, as well as light to dark shades, and even a few like blue, black, etc.)
-Very little transfer
-Goes on smooth
-One coat has worked out well for me so far, but I can also add a second coat without it getting patchy or heavy
-Unlike the one I tried from Nyx, I can put a light coat of lip balm on before using these without it making the product streak or wear off faster

Cons:
-Mine still feel a little tacky long after they've dried
-Coconut oil is the only thing I've found that removes the last traces of it without making my lips feel raw afterwards (not a big con for me personally, though, because I use coconut oil all the time for stuff like this)

The price point is great and I like the packaging. However, the colours that I got (Nudie Patootie, Berry Recognize and Rebel Rose) are very thick - in my opinion too thick. They're drying and a bit harder to apply, since the applicator is great but not made for this thick of a texture. Also, I find them to have a bit of a funky smell and they can end up crumbeling.

Maybe if you haven't tried out the better liquid lipsticks on the market, you'll like the wet n wild ones. Hoewever if you're used to Jeffree Star, Kat von D, Dose of Colors etc. I highly doubt you'll reach for these. They're not horrible, but nothing I would repurchase or ever recommend to someone.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I admit. I may have a bit of a a lipstick thang. I don’t wear much makeup really - some BB cream, sunscreen, eyeliner. But I do love me some lipstick. I’m relentless in my quest for a long long lasting, comfortable, flattering, reasonably priced, non flaking, easy wearing lippie. And this a rare notch in the win column.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

It can compete with MAC liquid matt lipstick! I got a Missy and Fierce - pretty good bright blue toned, vintage vibe red.

on 12/1/2017 1:43:00 PM

It's an alright liquid lipstick. The balance of having a lipstick that isn't overtly drying and doesn't wear off immediately is quite hard to pull off. This is almost-there, but not quite there. Does that make sense?

The formula is easy to apply, a little moussey. It has the same packaging and similar wand to Jeffree Star, but the formula isn't identical. What I like about the WNW catsuit is that it is unscented, and easy to reapply. It is also easy to remove. That being said, it wears off easily in the middle of my lips even when I eat non-greasy items, such as dry rice cakes.

That being said, the price & availability can't be beat. I prefer these over the Colourpop Satin, Matte, Blotted lips (nevermind, the hassle of purchasing and getting custom fees all the time too.)

I finally opened this in Rebel Rose - great color, a little darker than what I wanted. It went on nice and smooth! The lipstick itself is drying so that will be an adjustment. Will add more notes as it wears.

on 8/13/2017 4:31:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

I gotta admit I wasn't expecting much but was pleasantly surprised. The first day I wore only this on my lips, two coats. The first coat I applied very thin and it was a little streaky. I went in a few min later to apply another thin coat and I don't think i waited long enough because it started to drag the color off. I stopped and let it finish drying before fixing it. This wore absolutely beautiful after I initially got used to it. At first I felt it on my lips and I'm really not a fan of that but then that Feeling disappeared and it was like I had nothing on. This did crack a little but I do have a lot of texture on my lips probably from dehydration. It wasn't noticeable unless you were right up in the mirror flexing your lips. (I'm a little special ;-) ) I didn't get that gross line on the interior of my lips and it didn't pile during wear. I did drink some water and some vitamin water without a straw. When it comes to eating tho it's game over. It gets pretty gross and becomes super uncomfortable. I suggest taking it off or your probably going to regret it. Reapply after. Also being a makeup wipe for removal or you will be fighting a losing battle. For the price point yes please. Now the second day I wore it with a wet and wild gel lip pencil underneath. BIG mistake! It was super uncomfortable, totally obliterated the staying power, and I got that gunky line.....gross. I'll be going with just the lipstick from now on. I bought the color 923B Pink Really Hard. The name says it all. This is some in your face look at me pink and I love it. Really helps that tan pop too. I didn't find this awfully drying after a couple uses. Other liquid Lippies have my lips screaming for a drink at the end of the day but these weren't too bad. I'm sure with repeated use I'll have to mask my lips before bed. Oh I did notice the second time I used it it got these chunks in it. Just a couple but it was kind of a pain wiping them away.
UPDATE:
I purchased another color 922B Coral Corruption. It performed the same as the other color I purchased. You get about 3 hours of good wear before it starts to wear off on the inner lips.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Flame of the Game: I bought this because it's supposed to be a dupe of a red I saw a BG wear. This is beautiful and I'm not sure I'll ever know if it is a true dupe, but it looks sexy as hell, so it's probably not "work-appropriate" or "family friendly." I think the word to describe the color is a true vermillion -- molten, vibrant, and doesn't take itself too seriously. I wouldn't eat or drink too soon after applying. You can, but I wouldn't. It performs best if you apply once and leave it be for as long as possible. If you eat you'll be tempted to reapply, which I can guarantee will change its chemistry. Removing it is also unpleasant. It's quite chunky when you're breaking it down with whatever method of removal you use. Use this for what it is: a gorgeous, very long lasting wild warm red, which you should not mess with until you're ready to start over. Take your photos first and drink your drink later. With a straw.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I bought the shade "Nice To Fuchsia - 927B" for a dance recital. It's a very bold purple. At first, I thought this was a dud. I put it on and waited 5 minutes, and it felt sticky and not matte. But about a week ago, I was bored and tried it again, and waited 10 minutes. This is mandatory! It looks really nice after 10 minutes. That's just a little too long for my liking though.

on 6/23/2017 6:19:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

i am more and more impressed with the "new" wet n wild. i'm very surprised that i missed any chatter about this lippie on you tube. i went into CVS looking for a new lipstick shade, and i saw the shade rebel rose. i was really attracted to it. a pretty but funky mauvey shade. the applicator is a bit different. it has a sort of scoop in the middle of the doe foot that holds more product so it can be applied with one swipe. the texture isn't too thick, so it feels really natural on my lips after it dries down. this only takes a few minutes. ya can build it up, but it begins to feel sticky. but with normal application it doesn't feel cheap or drying on my lips at all. i also bought berry recognize. this berry shade is a bit more deep and not exactly a summer color, but i'm sure i'll use it at night or for dressier occasions anyway. it also has good lasting power. it stayed on for at least 7 hours, eating and drinking, and i still had to take it off with my elf sugar scrubbie thingie. haha...anyway i'm all about a quality product that is also easy on my atm card.