wet n wild MegaLast Liquid Catsuit Matte Lipstick

Filtered by hair type : Other
wet n wild MegaLast Liquid Catsuit Matte Lipstick

on 5/13/2018 9:39:00 AM

These are wonderful. My favorite way to wear these is to dab a tiny dot of product on my lower and upper lip and rub it in with my finger. My lips get a wash of color without the appearance of texture, the color lasts a long time (most of the day, unless I eat greasy meals), and I don't experience crumbling or flaking off. When I use the doe foot applicator to swipe this on my lips, the color is very pigmented but can also get that textured lip look which I'm not a fan of. It can also crumble when I wear it that way- I assume because I've accidentally put too much on which is easy to do if you use the applicator. I've had Nudist Peach and Give Me Pink in my drawer for a long time and didn't like how they looked on me with the doefoot applicator approach, so it dawned on me to use a tiny amount and rub it in with my finger. Now I wear these colors all the time. I'm really happy with this product.

Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Not Sure

These are the best matte, budge-proof lipsticks ever! And for the price they can't be beat. I bought 9, and ended up giving 4 to my daughters because they were too light for me. I have tried all the fancy brands, but these rock at $3.99, especially when it's buy two and get the third 75% off!

They do not come off until you eat. To get them off, in fact I use oil at home, and carry a lip balm just to get them off.

Also the really nice pinky-nude color looks very light and pretty on my light brown skin, especially because it pops with the pinky coral against my yellow undertones. But I think this would look great on anyone.

I have found a dupe, however in Give Me Mocha, it a dupe for the Kat Von D liquid lipstick in Double Dare.

PS if you use a little lip balm it converts to a regular lipstick. Just go over it lightly with lip balm and roll your lips together, and viola! It continues all day, and stays just as vibrant!

on 4/4/2017 3:05:00 AM

I bought this in Rebel Rose after seeing my fave nail Polish YouTuber wearing it. It's very reasonably priced as are most Wet n Wild products. The shade Rebel Rose is very wearable. Kind of a MLBB look, depending on your complexion. The formula is great. It goes on smooth. Feels comfortable and stays put. I have worn it alone and with gloss over it. Looks really nice with Buxom Dolly over it. After initially trying this, I bought two more for back up & purse. I haven't tried any other shades yet. There are some good videos on YouTube showing people swatching the different shades. I should mention I have never owned any matte lip product before this one. More of a gloss person, but so glad I tried this. It's really great! 😊

on 3/30/2017 10:46:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

Holycrap!!!!!!!! These liquid lipsticks are AMAZING. The pigmentation, color payoff and the staying power are fabulous. It goes on smooth and creamy and dries within seconds. Even after lunch and drink of water it is still there. So far I have 2 colors. Nice to Fuchsia and Give me Mocha. I loooove these two sooo much. GMM is a chestnut rose and NTF is a bright blue based pink *love* I got these on sale in CVS and paid 4 bucks each plus tax, what???? Don't see cracking or paper dry lips with this liquid lipstick. I am eyeing the red one next :))
Edit** Nice to Fuchsia is beautiful blue based pink, perfect for the warmer weathers.
Give Me Mocha is a color that can be worn year around. Perfect everyday color.
Update ** 4/22/2017 - Even though I loveeeee Give Me Mocha the staying power is ok plus the reapplication is tacky. For the price it is still the bomb.
Update **9/13/2017 - I wore to an interview and totally regretted it, started crumbling on me within an hour..wahhh :( I don't know what happened ??? This is my 2'nd tube and the color is slightly different than the first one..grrrrr!

I tried this based on reviews here and returned it. I got Pink something because the selection wasn't great. It has a terrible smell and the applicator is an odd shaped balding doefoot. They skimped on the amount of "fluff" on the wand making application very streaky and uncomfortable. I could feel the hard plastic sticking through which is something I've never experienced in any brand.

The dry down took a while and also about 3 coats to get it even looking. It dried to a very plasticy looking bright pink which I though I'd be able to make work by applying a gloss on top. Didn't work as this feels so dry and awful no matter what I put over it. I am a fan of a lot of WNW products but this one is an absolute no go for me. The screw off top also comes loose very easily. As soon as I tore the plastic off it, it was starting to come out on it's own which I imagine could lead to a makeup bag/handbag disaster.

The smell is a harsh chemical smell which I can't even compare to anything. No taste but overall a really lousy experience. The 1 positive was the price- regularly 4.99 and on sale for 2.99. Still wasn't worth keeping since Rite Aid is very close to me and I'm always in there it seems. I'm in the minority here but wonder how many people had terrible experiences also but didn't bother to write a review.

I have his in rebel rose and nudie patootie. For a matte lipstick these are not drying at all. The colors I have are very flattering for fair skin. The only thing is I wish these were more long wearing but that's with most lipsticks. They're great for everyday wear though and are only 4.99 so I highly recommend trying them out.

on 1/28/2017 8:51:00 PM

I finally found these at my local Walgreens. They were almost sold out, and I managed to snag two colors: Nudist Peach and Coral Corruption. They were $4.99 each and I was impressed with the quality of these liquid lipsticks. I have to say I prefer the quality of the Milani Amore liquid lipsticks as they go on flawless and last all day, but these aren't bad for $5! They are long wearing, and do not dry out your lips. They really do last after I sipped coffee, ate, and even had a drink or two and do not transfer onto your cup, mug or glass. I love the color Nudist Peach, it's this beautiful pink nude. As for the Coral Corruption, it's a very bright coral color, which I'm still debating whether I like or not. They may apply streaky at first (that's why I took off a lippie), but another coat just seals the deal. It takes a bit to dry, but once dry, the color is just beautiful. And it does stay on, does not flake off, and you will get at least 5 hours of wear with this. Overall, you must try them on. You get so much quality for your buck! A definite success and I hope they become permanent!

on 1/9/2017 12:58:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Bought the Vixen (dark red) and pink hard about it (light pink) and i had hopes for these. The packaging is nice enough. Clear doe foot applicator which is fancy lol

But the formula is lacking. I'm pretty spoiled by High End and i wouldnt buy these again.
The formula is comfortable and creamy on application-even feels like a thick waxy chapstick. And it dries comfortably BUT IT IS SO PATCHY AND STREAKY. The lighter shade wasn't as bad but the darker shade was AWFUL. Lol the Milani ones are much better imo, except the milani ones dont last at all. So it's a catch 22 i supppose.

Edit 3/31/17: I just got rebel rose that is the most awesome color; I wish they'd get these in the display!!!
---
Original review: Wetnwild is so awesome! They've done it yet again--managed to hoodwink us--and create a top notch product for under $5!! Amazing!! I have Give Me Mocha a beautiful brown & I want more! For $35 I got a whole box of makeup I ordered online I'm very pleased w everything. Cruelty free yesss sign me upppp this lasts as long as my Jeffree Star, Kylie, & KvD lipsticks yes this can play w the big names just fine!! It's just hard to tell from the color swatches online what is what so I guess I need it order them all. Let me be an enabler you need 1 of these lipsticks if for nothing else the apocalypse when The Donald starts World War III this lipstick delivers on everything & I like the applicator. Removes also same as reviewer below w bi-phase micellar water but I hope these aren't LE. I won't be buying colourpop coz I'll be buying some more wnw!Great price pointe just hate waiting 5-10:days on free shipping. Wish they were in the display!!