wet n wild MegaLast Liquid Catsuit Matte Lipstick

3.9

on 10/17/2018 4:57:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Other

Love that wet n wild is always affordable. I bought the nude shade. I actually didn't notice that it was matte until I reached home. (what I get for not wearing my glasses, oy!) I've never tried a matte lipstick before, but I was willing to give it a shot. Love the color, however, I did not care for the feel. (& yes, I did apply a moisturizing balm beforehand). Maybe I'm just sensitive? I really wanted to like it because I've heard matte lipsticks are long lasting. My mother asked to try it so I gave it to her. It looks gorgeous on her & she has no issues with it so it depends on the person! Side note: I love & appreciate when makeup in general comes with a safety seal so bonus points for that. It grosses me out when makeup is not protected!

on 3/6/2018 1:12:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

**Update 05/13/18: I recently also picked up Lavender Crown and Loose Change. Both of them are also pretty great, but I think Lavender Crown might be a little less pigmented than I expected. A second layer goes on fine, though. I feel like Loose Change wears off faster than the other colors I have, so I probably won't be buying it again.**

This is a review for Flame of the Game and Nudist Peach.

I bought Flame of the Game last year, I think when these first became available in stores, and instantly fell in love. It was the red lip color I'd been searching for (orange-leaning, instead of blue), and after years of looking and wasting money, I finally found the right shade.

I like that it's pretty bright, but not really neon-bright. The application is pretty smooth, and it lasts a really long time, even through eating and drinking. I sometimes do have to do a minor touch up after a few hours, but I expect that and have no complaints about it. This stuff is surprisingly comfortable for a liquid matte at such a low price. I've also tried one of the Nyx ones, and I loved it, but now I think I prefer Wet n Wild's Liquid Catsuits.

I really, really don't advise using this with a liner, though. I've tried it and it always ends up streaking outside my lips for some reason. But, because of the shape of the doe foot applicator on these, it's pretty easy to wipe off most of the product and use the tip to line your lips, then pick up the product and fill in.I like that a lot because it saves me some time and it's one less thing I need to carry with me.

Nudist Peach, omg! I'm super fair with neutral to warm undertones (for reference, Maybelline's FitMe M&P in Porcelain, L'Oreal True Match in W1, and Too Faced BTW in Swan are all too dark, but M&P is probably the closest match, with Swan being about 1.5-2 shades too dark), and I've probably tried 10-15 nude lip shades over the last few years. They were all either too pink or too...beige-y grey, I guess, and I looked like a corpse, or it just looked like pink lipstick.

This shade, though, is perfect. It's the nude lip color I've dreamed about. It's very close to the natural color of my lips, but just different enough to be interesting. It isn't too dark or too light, it's not a bright shade, and it doesn't make my face look weird and sick. It's a nice, warm shade that I can easily wear during the day for a simple shade and minimal makeup, or for going out with a more bold eye look.

So, if you're warmer undertoned and fair, and you've also had no luck finding a good nude lip color, I highly recommend trying this one.

I've only worn this 2-3 times so far, but so far I really like it. The application is smooth, the wear time is impressive, and it's very comfortable, just like FOTG.

My only kind-of-complaint about these is that neither ever quite feels like it's dry. They don't transfer very much (mostly just from the very innermost part of my lip onto a straw or something), but they still feel very slightly tacky, even after being on for a long time. It's not really a problem, but it's a strange feeling and took some getting used to.

Just a random tip for removal: If you've tried these (or other liquid matte lipsticks/long-wear lipsticks) and you've had a hard time getting them off at the end of the day, I suggest coconut oil. I tried it on a whim a while back after deciding to not wear FOTG, and it takes the product off in about 3 seconds. Just swipe a teeny bit onto your lips and wipe away with a tissue. I've tried other products in the past and they almost always caused the product to bleed outside my lip line and stain it, or there's been a stain of color left on my actual lips, but the coconut oil hasn't done that so far.

I will definitely be buying more of these in the future as I go through some of my other lipsticks and want to replace shades with longer wearing matte formulas, and I keep recommending these to other people.

Pros:
-Decent wear time
-Comfortable (doesn't make my lips feel dry or like there's a stiff product on them, etc.)
-Pretty cheap
-Nice packaging (I love how the cap kind of locks into place when you close it, and the shape of the applicator is nice and it's also not too big or small)
-Ok shade range (nice mix of warm/cool shades, as well as light to dark shades, and even a few like blue, black, etc.)
-Very little transfer
-Goes on smooth
-One coat has worked out well for me so far, but I can also add a second coat without it getting patchy or heavy
-Unlike the one I tried from Nyx, I can put a light coat of lip balm on before using these without it making the product streak or wear off faster

Cons:
-Mine still feel a little tacky long after they've dried
-Coconut oil is the only thing I've found that removes the last traces of it without making my lips feel raw afterwards (not a big con for me personally, though, because I use coconut oil all the time for stuff like this)

on 12/6/2017 11:02:00 AM

This is a nice liquid lip. Apply to much and it will flake can crack. As well as feel tight. Wear time is as expected.

Yet the smell and the flaking is a big turn off for me. . I will not purchous unless $1 or less. And even then only as a gift for a friend that wants to try a matte liquid lip.( just like I did)

Try it if on sale. It may be good for you.

on 11/27/2017 4:57:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I love this liquid lipstick. I love the texture and it doesn't crumble off. I use very light layers and build. It lasts through drinking and eating and it's priced so perfectly. I like it better than a few higher end matte liquid lipsticks that I have. I love the size too, about the size of a tube of lipstick so it fits in your bag really nicely. Some other brands they are really long and I don't like that personally. I also use a small bag so I just don't have room for big products. I love the matte look, but if I want to add some shine I just use a gloss on top. I would buy this again, and in fact I have. :)

I purchased 5 or 6 shades including Rebel Rose, Pink Really Hard, Coral Corruption, Oh My Dolly.... They are every bit as nice as similar more expensive products. Very opaque. They stay put really well for a good 4 hours even with some drinking.

Longer lasting lipsticks are always somewhat dry or drying to the lip. Wet n Wild is no better or worse. This is also going to be a thicker, more substantial product coming out of the tube due to the long lasting properties. I recommend wiping the foot well and building up to the level of color you want. The formula is forgiving until it sets. Once set, I always apply some sort of lip gloss over this. I do with every long lasting formula because they all tend to accentuate lines in your lips when dry. Lip gloss (any kind your heart desires) also makes the product more comfortable on my lips. AND - you can change the color in endless ways. Have a good base that stays on your lips - like a foundation - then change it up with your lip gloss. Besides, when I'm out and about, I always have balm or gloss with me because I can dab inconspicuously and refresh my color. Whereas, a product like this you need a mirror to apply and be really sure about what you are putting where and how.

My experience has been that different shades of the exact same product perform differently. MegaLast Liquid Catsuit Matte Lipstick is no different. I experience some variation from color to color. For me, the coral color doesn't seem to last as long as the others. The brighter fushia colors seems to wear down a bit uneven. Overall, I find that the Rebel Rose performs the best as far as comfort and lasting.

I would purchase these again .... before say, Sephora brand Cream Lip Stain @ $14/each (have these as well) which felt and performed exactly like this lipstick. It's the same product but Sephora has more color options.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I bought the shade "Nice To Fuchsia - 927B" for a dance recital. It's a very bold purple. At first, I thought this was a dud. I put it on and waited 5 minutes, and it felt sticky and not matte. But about a week ago, I was bored and tried it again, and waited 10 minutes. This is mandatory! It looks really nice after 10 minutes. That's just a little too long for my liking though.

on 6/20/2017 1:04:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Nudie Patootie is the perfect nude for fair skin – I have never been able to wear any matte lipsticks because I have extremely dry lips. I fell in love with the color Nudie Patootie in the store and had to try it. The color is a perfect cool shade that has no peach or orange tones. I have to apply my Maybelline SuperStay balm over this at least once an hour to be able to tolerate the matte formula. This formula lasted on me with the balm applied for 4 hours. I envy women who can wear matte lipstick comfortably.

on 5/25/2017 3:12:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I bought two shades - Nudist Peach and Coral Corruption. The peach shade application was very smooth and felt very nice on my lips. Then when it dried, I could sort of make out the lines on my lips but it wasn't too noticeable. Then, when i smiled, there was an immediate stopping line where the very inside of my lip was exposed. I tried the application with coral color the next day and again, it had a great feel to it and after applying completely to my lips, I used the wand to dab some color slightly onto the inner part of my bottom lip. I held my lips parted to allow the formula to dry. That seemed to help some but halfway through the day, the lipstick on that part right inside my lip was worn away and the line was even more noticeable. I think the formula is really smooth and I tried to like these lip glosses because of the price and the variety of colors available, but unless it's a user error and not the fault of the product ( and someone please tell me if that is so), then I am going to pass them on to a friend and see if they have better luck than I did.

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure

Why is this even compared to the Kat Von D lippies? Blashphemy. This was a total waste of money, crappy, crappy lipstick. The darker colours are god awful, cannot layer it without looking cakey. How was no one talked about the applicator? Save your money and go grab the Kat Von D lippies

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I've bought about every shade that is complimentary to fair skin.
They are perfect. I've never loved a lip product more. I used them everyday since I first got Nudie-Patootie.
Can't recommend enough.