Wet 'n' Wild MegaLast Liquid Catsuit Matte Lipstick

Filtered by skin type : Very Oily
Wet 'n' Wild MegaLast Liquid Catsuit Matte Lipstick

4.8

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral

I really like these lipsticks a lot more than I thought I would.
I bought two shades Berry Recognize and Coral Corruption.
I do really like both but Coral Corruption which is a bright red-toned coral seemed too bright on my skin tone, or at least too bright for my taste.
It looks amazing on my sister who is lighter than me, she is mac NC25 and rattan 2w2 in Estee lauder double wear. I am nc35 and wheat 3n2 in Estee lauder.
I love the Berry recognize it is much deeper on the lips than in the tube.
On my medium skin tone, it is a berry wine shade and I love it.
It is not too much for summer time due to being a berry rose type shade so it works, but I also think it will be very nice for fall as well. I love when I find shades I feel I can wear anytime.
It is very long wearing and dries rather quickly. Another good thing is that it is not drying on the lips.
I would 100% recommend using a lip liner before applying because the edges just do not look as nice without it. The wand could be improved for applying more neatly.
On days I do not want it to be as bold I will just use my finger and tap the color onto my lips.
It does start to wear off close to four hours with eating and drinking but not too bad and not peeling like other long lasting lipsticks I have used in the past.
Mostly just the centers and starts to fade a bit but you can add another layer and it looks fine. After 12 hours it was still stuck there.
I recommend taking it along with you to touch up if needed or taking a lip balm (FYI the balm will remove the lasting power) and use it to help blend the product back into the lips if it starts to get a little patchy.

It does remove easily with Ponds cold cream or other oily type product.
If you eat anything greasy that will tend to make it come off so be careful and touch up if needed so it does not get crazy looking.
I plan on buying these two next Give Me Mocha and Rebel Rose.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

I bought mine at Walmart and got the shade "Pink Really Hard" and it's a baby pink that dries down a bright pink. It is very easy to apply with the dented applicator. It goes on really creamy and it dries down to a matte finish. I wore this for the whole day and it lasted pretty well. You could tell that some of the product had worn off but it wasn't horrible to the point where there was no trace of color. I really like the color range, since it goes from really light colors to super dark colors. The packaging is cute, but I don't like how the applicator unscrews really easily. It could open by itself and possibly make a mess in your purse. But overall, this is the best liquid lipstick at the drugstore!

on 1/22/2017 8:51:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I am so impressed by this lipsticks,I would say they're the best ones I've tried, and I have a lot of high end ones. The quality is as good or better as the more expensive ones,they are super comfortable to wear,they dont dry out my lips,last all day,they do fade a little after eating,but they even fade nice,not all patchy like the kat von d or Anastasia.
Really really recommend this ones,and they are super affordable,I payed 3.99 for mine unlike the high end ones that are $25

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Edit 3/31/17: I just got rebel rose that is the most awesome color; I wish they'd get these in the display!!!
---
Original review: Wetnwild is so awesome! They've done it yet again--managed to hoodwink us--and create a top notch product for under $5!! Amazing!! I have Give Me Mocha a beautiful brown & I want more! For $35 I got a whole box of makeup I ordered online I'm very pleased w everything. Cruelty free yesss sign me upppp this lasts as long as my Jeffree Star, Kylie, & KvD lipsticks yes this can play w the big names just fine!! It's just hard to tell from the color swatches online what is what so I guess I need it order them all. Let me be an enabler you need 1 of these lipsticks if for nothing else the apocalypse when The Donald starts World War III this lipstick delivers on everything & I like the applicator. Removes also same as reviewer below w bi-phase micellar water but I hope these aren't LE. I won't be buying colourpop coz I'll be buying some more wnw!Great price pointe just hate waiting 5-10:days on free shipping. Wish they were in the display!!

on 12/13/2016 6:29:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Holy cannoli, Wet n Wild!!

I picked this up (after pounding some serious pavement trying to find it) in Rebel Rose in hopes that it might be a dupe for Queen B by Too Faced, and boy did it rise to the occasion! Unlike Queen B, this doesn't develop a whitish scuzz around the inner rim of my lip. The color of Rebel Rose is a near spot on dupe for Queen B, and the formula outperforms it across the board.

This is comfortable and budge-proof, but like any liquid lipstick, won't hold up against greasy meals. I wouldn't say it's hydrating (if you're looking for moisture, matte lipsticks of any kind will not be for you), but it's not drying at all.

I've heard these are comparable to the Jeffrey Star liquid lipsticks in terms of formula, but having never tried one of the JS lipsticks, I cannot attest to that. However, I will say that the packaging is suspiciously similar.

The doe-foot applicator is a bit bigger and has a divot in the middle which makes it curl around your lips perfectly. Application truly is a dream. This shade isn't streaky at all, and the shape of the applicator makes creating a nice, crisp lip line very easy.

At $5, you really can't go wrong. This was everything I wanted Queen B to be and more, and for a fraction of the price. I will definitely be picking up other shades from this range.

Editing to add: This stuff reapplies very well. If it does fade (which is really only around the inner edge of the lips after eating), you can reapply a thin layer without it getting clumpy or flaky. It's as if adding a thin layer on top "reactivates" the dry layer and allows it to move a bit so you don't get a flaky mess. That alone sends this into the top spot for liquid lipsticks for me. Honestly, this is the best formula I've tried, hands down.