Wet 'n' Wild MegaLast Liquid Catsuit Matte Lipstick

Filtered by skin type : Combination
Wet 'n' Wild MegaLast Liquid Catsuit Matte Lipstick

4.2

I finally opened this in Rebel Rose - great color, a little darker than what I wanted. It went on nice and smooth! The lipstick itself is drying so that will be an adjustment. Will add more notes as it wears.

I purchased this color in Nudist Peach and it’s just the perfect color for a sultry Bardot makeup look. Pair with dark messy eyes and start ruining men.

on 10/13/2017 10:51:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I bought the four darkest colours: Flame of the Game, missy and fierce, video vixen and goth topic. I love all four of them, but video vixen is the weakest of the bunch. While Video Vixen is patchy, the other colours are super opaque. I love the packaging and the doe-foot makes precise application a snap.

It dries down to a powdery feeling finish. It is super lightweight and secure feeling. It lasts well through light meals without needing to touch up. I did feel like I could quickly layer it on top of itself, I never needed to remove it to reapply. It comes off easy and best of all the price is super affordable! Highly recommend!

Hair: Blond, Other, Medium

I bought this on a whim one day at Walgreen's, because I had never used liquid lipstick before (I had always used the tube kind) and the packaging/color of it drew me in.

I got this in "Missy & Fierce" and I really love it. It's the perfect red and it's almost comparable to the Too Faced Melted Matte (formula wise, not color wise).

I don't really have any "cons" with this lipstick. Although I wish they'd come out with more colors that weren't limited edition (e.g. black, blue)

I do love the formula; it's a comfortable matte. It's also not too drying, it doesn't really transfer while eating or drinking, I like the applicator, it only requires one layer, and it's good for the price.

Whenever I run out of this, I'm definitely getting another. <3

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I bought this in Rebel Rose, used it once and passed it on. My first and only forray into liquid lipsticks. I considered buying a better color for me, but I ultimately didn't like the formula enough.

I'm 38 and have deeper lip lines, I had to hold my lips taut in a funny position to get the liquid to go down into my creases or else when I smiled there would be no product there. It took two coats to get an even finish. When I was done my lips looked dry and pruney.

It was easy to apply precisely around my lip edges with the applicator. Wear time was excellent.

The color is a muted cool rosey-plum, which wasn't the best for my high contrast yellow-olive coloring. The red or bright pink would have been better.

I didn't buy those colors because I just wasn't a fan of the finished look. I will stick with demi-matte bullets when I want an opaque look.

on 9/8/2017 9:40:00 PM

OMG I picked two of these this afternoon and I am so happy I did. The packaging is elegant and it caught my eye, as did the price. When I first applied it it is wet and then dries into a perfect even color. Don't hesitate to buy this. I'm so glad I did!

Great packaging and great product if you like matte longwear lippies. They do get drying after a few hours but you can easily touch up if needed to give a little hydration boost or fix a patch. It does have a velvety, true matte appearance. The dark vampy colors are stunning and last longer than my coworkers' expensive liquid lipstick!

on 8/19/2017 12:25:00 PM

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

I saw Missy and Fierce in the store one day and was intrigued. I googled some swatches and ended up buying it the next day.

In my googling, I saw that it's been considered a dupe for Kat Von D's Outlaw, which I love. They're similar but not quite the same. Outlaw is a bit darker, and felt more vampy, while Missy and Fierce felt like it had more of a pink tone, but still very pretty. Missy and Fierce wasn't quite as drying though, which I appreciate.

Now to actual wear. I wore this to work, and for the first 5 hours, it wore pretty decently. I was drinking out of a water bottle and talking, a lot, throughout that time and mostly noticed the inside part of the lip wearing off, which makes sense. I wiped it off for lunch, reapplied, and saw another good 4 hours of wear. It even handled a pasta dinner, with some slight care towards how I was eating.

I'm not a huge fan of that type of wand. It's like a doe wand but with a ledge. Maybe for some it helps, but for me it gets in the way. One last thing, just like any other liquid, matte lipstick, exfoliating your lips and moisturizing before hand is rather crucial. I'm certainly curious to try more from this line after enjoying Missy and Fierce.

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

Wet n Wild currently owns most of my makeup bag, and for good reason. They seriously did their thing last year and early this year when it came to their MegaLast lines, and this matte liquid lipstick is no exception to that rule. I own four of these lipsticks and I'll list them in order from favorite to least favorite. I have Goth Topic, Flame of the Game, Give Me Mocha, and Rebel Rose.

1) Goth Topic. You knew it was coming. I keep blackened purple lips around like a bad habit and wear it even in the brutal heat of a punishing LA summer. I picked up Goth Topic at Walgreens for $5, and I'm so glad I did because now I can hardly ever find it in stock anywhere. Like the name would imply, this is a very rich, bold, dark purple color that is moody, witchy, and usually makes people take a step back when you wear it out. My boyfriend calls it an 'evil' color, and by that I guess he means that I'm difficult to approach when I wear it. I usually layer this over an NYX lip pencil for even more of a vibe. Once I find a lipgloss to wear over it, I'll be unstoppable.

2) Flame of the Game. My cousin convinced me to get this color. I never would have purchased it, but I kept coming back to it in stores and finally she told me to buy it and wear it to her sisters bachelorette party. She gave me a choice between this and a hideous bright pink. It will be a cold day in hell before I wear bright pink. Flame of the Game is a vibrant, ridiculous, LOOK AT ME HAHAHAHAHAHAH psychopathic orange color. There really is no other description for it. I look like I need to be committed when I wear it, so normally it does not see the light of day. However, I kind of like the uneasy "who the **** let her out of the house?!" stares I get when I do decide to take this color off punishment. Honestly, this color reminds me of a traffic cone. Definitely a color you have to get used to.

3) Give Me Mocha. This is a work-friendly shade of brownish pink. For me it would be a MLBB shade, but it's just a tad too pink. I used to wear it more than I do now, except I realized that when I tan, it just drops the brown and looks more pinkish on me than I would like. Nonetheless, it is still a beautiful color, and it is a great bridge between the obnoxious pale pinks and the berries in this line.

4) Rebel Rose. I stupidly purchased this color thinking it would be a cute pink. I don't know what kind of crack I was smoking that day, because all this color does is give me corpse lips. I look like I'm dying in this shade. It was almost as bad as Stingraye from Colourpop, and THAT is a day that will live in infamy. Rebel Rose would best suit a fairer lady with cool undertones. We do not get along.

The only reason I did not give these a perfect five star is because I am not a fan of traditional matte finish lipsticks. I've mentioned in another review that I prefer demi-matte to a full matte lip, and I would consider these to be not quite a full matte, but pretty damn close. Every time I wear one of these, I always want a matching or gloss to go over them, ESPECIALLY Goth Topic. I feel that a lot of the colors would look absolutely beautiful if they had the same finish that NYX Soft Matte's did. They are far more comfortable to wear than ColourPop, and the staying power is far above NYX Soft Matte Lip Creams. I put on Goth Topic the other day for a date (the man loves a challenge) at 5:00 and reached my destination at 9:00. Midnight and four drinks later, I barely needed to reapply. Insanity.

For liquid lipsticks, the only thing that outlasts these with staying power is Smashbox Always On, but I can't always afford $24 for a lip product (even though I drool constantly over True Grit and Out Loud pretty much lives in my bag come summer).

The other great thing about the Megalast Liquid Catsuit Lipsticks is that there is no scent. At all. THANK YOU JESUS.

All in all, I really like the Liquid Catsuits. Wet n Wild scores once again.

I purchased this in Rebel Rose and on me it's a MLBB and I love this liquid lipstick it's phenomenal! About me NW20 or below, blonde hair, green eyes, and very cool undertones for reference. I had no idea how good these lippies are. I applied mine about 8 hours ago and it's still on. I thought it wasn't there because I didn't feel it at all. But it's still on and looks good! This is a excellent liquid lipstick I love the applicator and the formula feels so light on my lips.The price is awesome and I hope they expand the colour selection because this really is the best feeling one that I own. I should of purchased others but now that I know I will because these are better than some of my HE ones. Excellent lippie without a doubt, love the colour and how it feels on my lips. Recommended.