Wet 'n' Wild MegaLast Liquid Catsuit Matte Lipstick

Filtered by skin tone : Fair
Wet 'n' Wild MegaLast Liquid Catsuit Matte Lipstick

3.9

I finally opened this in Rebel Rose - great color, a little darker than what I wanted. It went on nice and smooth! The lipstick itself is drying so that will be an adjustment. Will add more notes as it wears.

on 11/20/2017 12:35:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Bought 3 of these (3 for $10 at Walgreen's) in Pink Really Hard, Berry recognize and Missy & Fierce.
These are for my 13 year old who LOVES them - same manufacturer as Kat Von D and a fraction of the price. Highly picmneted and long lasting. (The red one - Missy & Fierce - can stain).

A great value.

on 11/10/2017 3:25:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Amazing reviews made me go out and buy three of these, and I was at first disillusioned to find out they are dry and patchy within one minute of applying. Give Me Mocha wears the best. It's a bit tacky but not completely drying and it's a subtle rose brown shade. Nudist Peach is the patchiest one but can be fixed by applying a peach lip balm over it. My favourite now is Flame of the Game, a brilliant orange shade that is fine by itself and also looks good with a coral balm on top.

They are more annoying to use than most other lip products. But the shades are so nice. I know I won't be buying them again. They are, however, superior to some other liquid lipsticks. At least they are not impossible to remove.

Update Nov. 23/17. I have used all three of these enough to know they are not a good product for me. I've lowered my rating to 1 star. Here's the problem. They ball up after awhile if you add balm, and they leave your lips lined and dry if you don't. Either way the lips feel uncomfortable and look bad. This formula only looks good for a few minutes. Of course I was a fan of the beautiful shades and the silky application. But the look and wear are unacceptable. They aren't impossible to remove, but they are still hard to remove - you need some kind of oil. Use these for a while and you'll appreciate old fashioned lipsticks so much more.

I purchased this color in Nudist Peach and it’s just the perfect color for a sultry Bardot makeup look. Pair with dark messy eyes and start ruining men.

on 10/13/2017 10:51:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I bought the four darkest colours: Flame of the Game, missy and fierce, video vixen and goth topic. I love all four of them, but video vixen is the weakest of the bunch. While Video Vixen is patchy, the other colours are super opaque. I love the packaging and the doe-foot makes precise application a snap.

It dries down to a powdery feeling finish. It is super lightweight and secure feeling. It lasts well through light meals without needing to touch up. I did feel like I could quickly layer it on top of itself, I never needed to remove it to reapply. It comes off easy and best of all the price is super affordable! Highly recommend!

Hair: Blond, Other, Medium

I bought this on a whim one day at Walgreen's, because I had never used liquid lipstick before (I had always used the tube kind) and the packaging/color of it drew me in.

I got this in "Missy & Fierce" and I really love it. It's the perfect red and it's almost comparable to the Too Faced Melted Matte (formula wise, not color wise).

I don't really have any "cons" with this lipstick. Although I wish they'd come out with more colors that weren't limited edition (e.g. black, blue)

I do love the formula; it's a comfortable matte. It's also not too drying, it doesn't really transfer while eating or drinking, I like the applicator, it only requires one layer, and it's good for the price.

Whenever I run out of this, I'm definitely getting another. <3

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I bought this in Rebel Rose, used it once and passed it on. My first and only forray into liquid lipsticks. I considered buying a better color for me, but I ultimately didn't like the formula enough.

I'm 38 and have deeper lip lines, I had to hold my lips taut in a funny position to get the liquid to go down into my creases or else when I smiled there would be no product there. It took two coats to get an even finish. When I was done my lips looked dry and pruney.

It was easy to apply precisely around my lip edges with the applicator. Wear time was excellent.

The color is a muted cool rosey-plum, which wasn't the best for my high contrast yellow-olive coloring. The red or bright pink would have been better.

I didn't buy those colors because I just wasn't a fan of the finished look. I will stick with demi-matte bullets when I want an opaque look.

on 8/13/2017 4:31:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

I gotta admit I wasn't expecting much but was pleasantly surprised. The first day I wore only this on my lips, two coats. The first coat I applied very thin and it was a little streaky. I went in a few min later to apply another thin coat and I don't think i waited long enough because it started to drag the color off. I stopped and let it finish drying before fixing it. This wore absolutely beautiful after I initially got used to it. At first I felt it on my lips and I'm really not a fan of that but then that Feeling disappeared and it was like I had nothing on. This did crack a little but I do have a lot of texture on my lips probably from dehydration. It wasn't noticeable unless you were right up in the mirror flexing your lips. (I'm a little special ;-) ) I didn't get that gross line on the interior of my lips and it didn't pile during wear. I did drink some water and some vitamin water without a straw. When it comes to eating tho it's game over. It gets pretty gross and becomes super uncomfortable. I suggest taking it off or your probably going to regret it. Reapply after. Also being a makeup wipe for removal or you will be fighting a losing battle. For the price point yes please. Now the second day I wore it with a wet and wild gel lip pencil underneath. BIG mistake! It was super uncomfortable, totally obliterated the staying power, and I got that gunky line.....gross. I'll be going with just the lipstick from now on. I bought the color 923B Pink Really Hard. The name says it all. This is some in your face look at me pink and I love it. Really helps that tan pop too. I didn't find this awfully drying after a couple uses. Other liquid Lippies have my lips screaming for a drink at the end of the day but these weren't too bad. I'm sure with repeated use I'll have to mask my lips before bed. Oh I did notice the second time I used it it got these chunks in it. Just a couple but it was kind of a pain wiping them away.
UPDATE:
I purchased another color 922B Coral Corruption. It performed the same as the other color I purchased. You get about 3 hours of good wear before it starts to wear off on the inner lips.

I purchased this in Rebel Rose and on me it's a MLBB and I love this liquid lipstick it's phenomenal! About me NW20 or below, blonde hair, green eyes, and very cool undertones for reference. I had no idea how good these lippies are. I applied mine about 8 hours ago and it's still on. I thought it wasn't there because I didn't feel it at all. But it's still on and looks good! This is a excellent liquid lipstick I love the applicator and the formula feels so light on my lips.The price is awesome and I hope they expand the colour selection because this really is the best feeling one that I own. I should of purchased others but now that I know I will because these are better than some of my HE ones. Excellent lippie without a doubt, love the colour and how it feels on my lips. Recommended.

I purchased 5 or 6 shades including Rebel Rose, Pink Really Hard, Coral Corruption, Oh My Dolly.... They are every bit as nice as similar more expensive products. Very opaque. They stay put really well for a good 4 hours even with some drinking.

Longer lasting lipsticks are always somewhat dry or drying to the lip. Wet n Wild is no better or worse. This is also going to be a thicker, more substantial product coming out of the tube due to the long lasting properties. I recommend wiping the foot well and building up to the level of color you want. The formula is forgiving until it sets. Once set, I always apply some sort of lip gloss over this. I do with every long lasting formula because they all tend to accentuate lines in your lips when dry. Lip gloss (any kind your heart desires) also makes the product more comfortable on my lips. AND - you can change the color in endless ways. Have a good base that stays on your lips - like a foundation - then change it up with your lip gloss. Besides, when I'm out and about, I always have balm or gloss with me because I can dab inconspicuously and refresh my color. Whereas, a product like this you need a mirror to apply and be really sure about what you are putting where and how.

My experience has been that different shades of the exact same product perform differently. MegaLast Liquid Catsuit Matte Lipstick is no different. I experience some variation from color to color. For me, the coral color doesn't seem to last as long as the others. The brighter fushia colors seems to wear down a bit uneven. Overall, I find that the Rebel Rose performs the best as far as comfort and lasting.

I would purchase these again .... before say, Sephora brand Cream Lip Stain @ $14/each (have these as well) which felt and performed exactly like this lipstick. It's the same product but Sephora has more color options.