wet n wild MegaLast Liquid Catsuit Matte Lipstick

Filtered by skin tone : Fair
wet n wild MegaLast Liquid Catsuit Matte Lipstick

on 5/2/2018 4:06:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

I find application very easy and it is very long wearing without feeling overly dry (no butthole lips here!), I did need to touch up a little after maybe 6 hours and a meal, and it looked just fine after the touch up. It wasn't crumbly. I have two colors Video Vixen and Rebel Rose. I love the way Video Vixen looks. while wearing it, it looks like a very dark, almost black red. I freaking love this shade. Rebel Rose pulls straight brown on me. There's nothing rosy or mauve about this. I'll keep it and wear it sometimes, but it pulls too brown on me for my liking.

on 3/27/2018 6:36:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

I own two-Rebel Rose and Nudie Peach. The Peach is not great. It's streaky, a weird color, and doesn't feel great on my lips. I only bought Rebel Rose because one of the few beauty bloggers I read gushed about it. Rebel Rose is one of the very few matte lipsticks I like! The dark mauve-y taupe is so deliciously 90s and absolutely suits my skin. It feels great on the lips and has impressive staying power. The applicator and bottles are fantastic. They feel so expensive for such a cheap price!

on 3/26/2018 12:29:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Neutral

I have the shade Rebel Rose. It’s a beautiful MLBB dusty mid tone mauve against my NW13 skin. I really like the formula, it’s not super thick and it dries to a nice matte finish. And as long as I don’t apply too much then it definitely won’t transfer. I also really like the applicator. Overall a great drugstore liquid lipstick.

on 3/6/2018 1:12:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

**Update 05/13/18: I recently also picked up Lavender Crown and Loose Change. Both of them are also pretty great, but I think Lavender Crown might be a little less pigmented than I expected. A second layer goes on fine, though. I feel like Loose Change wears off faster than the other colors I have, so I probably won't be buying it again.**

This is a review for Flame of the Game and Nudist Peach.

I bought Flame of the Game last year, I think when these first became available in stores, and instantly fell in love. It was the red lip color I'd been searching for (orange-leaning, instead of blue), and after years of looking and wasting money, I finally found the right shade.

I like that it's pretty bright, but not really neon-bright. The application is pretty smooth, and it lasts a really long time, even through eating and drinking. I sometimes do have to do a minor touch up after a few hours, but I expect that and have no complaints about it. This stuff is surprisingly comfortable for a liquid matte at such a low price. I've also tried one of the Nyx ones, and I loved it, but now I think I prefer Wet n Wild's Liquid Catsuits.

I really, really don't advise using this with a liner, though. I've tried it and it always ends up streaking outside my lips for some reason. But, because of the shape of the doe foot applicator on these, it's pretty easy to wipe off most of the product and use the tip to line your lips, then pick up the product and fill in.I like that a lot because it saves me some time and it's one less thing I need to carry with me.

Nudist Peach, omg! I'm super fair with neutral to warm undertones (for reference, Maybelline's FitMe M&P in Porcelain, L'Oreal True Match in W1, and Too Faced BTW in Swan are all too dark, but M&P is probably the closest match, with Swan being about 1.5-2 shades too dark), and I've probably tried 10-15 nude lip shades over the last few years. They were all either too pink or too...beige-y grey, I guess, and I looked like a corpse, or it just looked like pink lipstick.

This shade, though, is perfect. It's the nude lip color I've dreamed about. It's very close to the natural color of my lips, but just different enough to be interesting. It isn't too dark or too light, it's not a bright shade, and it doesn't make my face look weird and sick. It's a nice, warm shade that I can easily wear during the day for a simple shade and minimal makeup, or for going out with a more bold eye look.

So, if you're warmer undertoned and fair, and you've also had no luck finding a good nude lip color, I highly recommend trying this one.

I've only worn this 2-3 times so far, but so far I really like it. The application is smooth, the wear time is impressive, and it's very comfortable, just like FOTG.

My only kind-of-complaint about these is that neither ever quite feels like it's dry. They don't transfer very much (mostly just from the very innermost part of my lip onto a straw or something), but they still feel very slightly tacky, even after being on for a long time. It's not really a problem, but it's a strange feeling and took some getting used to.

Just a random tip for removal: If you've tried these (or other liquid matte lipsticks/long-wear lipsticks) and you've had a hard time getting them off at the end of the day, I suggest coconut oil. I tried it on a whim a while back after deciding to not wear FOTG, and it takes the product off in about 3 seconds. Just swipe a teeny bit onto your lips and wipe away with a tissue. I've tried other products in the past and they almost always caused the product to bleed outside my lip line and stain it, or there's been a stain of color left on my actual lips, but the coconut oil hasn't done that so far.

I will definitely be buying more of these in the future as I go through some of my other lipsticks and want to replace shades with longer wearing matte formulas, and I keep recommending these to other people.

Pros:
-Decent wear time
-Comfortable (doesn't make my lips feel dry or like there's a stiff product on them, etc.)
-Pretty cheap
-Nice packaging (I love how the cap kind of locks into place when you close it, and the shape of the applicator is nice and it's also not too big or small)
-Ok shade range (nice mix of warm/cool shades, as well as light to dark shades, and even a few like blue, black, etc.)
-Very little transfer
-Goes on smooth
-One coat has worked out well for me so far, but I can also add a second coat without it getting patchy or heavy
-Unlike the one I tried from Nyx, I can put a light coat of lip balm on before using these without it making the product streak or wear off faster

Cons:
-Mine still feel a little tacky long after they've dried
-Coconut oil is the only thing I've found that removes the last traces of it without making my lips feel raw afterwards (not a big con for me personally, though, because I use coconut oil all the time for stuff like this)

on 1/27/2018 6:14:00 PM

Hair: Silver, Wavy, Coarse

I love long lasting lipstick, but I hate this product. I wore this yesterday and was so disappointed I threw it in the trash.

Now it does have great pigmentation and isn't patchy going on and it feels pretty much like nothing is on your lips for the first hour or two. Great I thought! But at about the 2 hour mark it started to feel really dry and oddly stiff, like I had thin tissue paper stuck to my lips. Hard to describe. When I looked in the mirror the product was gone from the areas of my lips where they touch and the product that was left was thin and sort of cracked looking. I was out running errands so I had not had a sip or a bite of anything, the product just sort of broke down on its own. I could have touched it up but I just wanted it off.

on 1/3/2018 6:32:00 PM

The formula is sooo nice a little drying but long lasting, doesn’t smudge, dried down completely matte.
The shade range isn’t great but the formula, price and packaging are all perfect

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I admit. I may have a bit of a a lipstick thang. I don’t wear much makeup really - some BB cream, sunscreen, eyeliner. But I do love me some lipstick. I’m relentless in my quest for a long long lasting, comfortable, flattering, reasonably priced, non flaking, easy wearing lippie. And this a rare notch in the win column.

color is very vivid for a matte lipstick and thats what i like. I used it for my 80s theme christmas party just yesterday and it really suited that look - big hair, jeans and this lipstick, really nice and made it memorable.

on 12/6/2017 11:02:00 AM

This is a nice liquid lip. Apply to much and it will flake can crack. As well as feel tight. Wear time is as expected.

Yet the smell and the flaking is a big turn off for me. . I will not purchous unless $1 or less. And even then only as a gift for a friend that wants to try a matte liquid lip.( just like I did)

Try it if on sale. It may be good for you.

on 12/1/2017 1:43:00 PM

It's an alright liquid lipstick. The balance of having a lipstick that isn't overtly drying and doesn't wear off immediately is quite hard to pull off. This is almost-there, but not quite there. Does that make sense?

The formula is easy to apply, a little moussey. It has the same packaging and similar wand to Jeffree Star, but the formula isn't identical. What I like about the WNW catsuit is that it is unscented, and easy to reapply. It is also easy to remove. That being said, it wears off easily in the middle of my lips even when I eat non-greasy items, such as dry rice cakes.

That being said, the price & availability can't be beat. I prefer these over the Colourpop Satin, Matte, Blotted lips (nevermind, the hassle of purchasing and getting custom fees all the time too.)