wet n wild MegaLast Liquid Catsuit Matte Lipstick

wet n wild MegaLast Liquid Catsuit Matte Lipstick

4.1

I just purchased this product after fiddling around with Sephora Cream Lip Stain and other less known matte lipsticks/lip creams or matte glosses. I bought the shade Rebel Rose as it appears to be the closest dupe for Anastasia Beverly Hills Dusty Rose liquid lipstick, which is very expensive. I actually first bought the Sephora one in Marvelous Mauve, then the Wet’n’Wild Rebel Rose, and they are very similar to one another as well as to the ABH (i only tested that one at the store). If you’re interested in dupes and saving money when purchasing 99% identical products perhaps this little comparison will be of use to you.
I generally dislike matte lip products as I find them very drying and unflattering in person, even though they do look good in photography. My lips are not dry at all but somehow I constantly feel them heavy or cracking whenever wearing something matte. This however is not the case with the WnW Rebel Rose.
The lipstick has a pleasant texture, somewhere between a very fine mousse and a thick.... water, I kid you not, as it gives a fresh and cool sensation on then lips when being applied (not like a tingling, plumping lipgloss one) and coats the lips very delicately. It isn’t that drying for a matte product, perhaps the least drying I have personally tried, it comes in a larger tube than the Sephora one (Sephora is 5 ml and WnW is 6.1 ml, 0.21 fl oz) and has a better applicator. Even if it has a weird shape the applicator picks up the right amount of product and blobs it far less on the pointy part of the tip than the Sephora one.
The shade Rebel Rose is a mauve rose that works wonderfully as a dupe for the two above-mentioned products, however applying too much can make your lips look too purple or too intensely colored particularly if you have naturally pigmented lips like myself. I found that another advantage of this product is that it can be applied in very small quantities, even without lipliner (though the effect is much better with one), pretty much like dabbing a bit on the lips and then patting it with the finger, and it does look beautiful and very natural. If your lips are pigmented then it will look a bit more purple toned than on a skin swatch/in the tube. This is valid for light skintones, I’m not sure how this would perform on someone with a deeper complexion.
Other than that, I like the tube, the price, the color and this product’s versatility. Not being a huge fan of matte liquid lipsticks prevents me from commenting on this product’s superiority compared to other ones, however if I was to repurchase a matte product it would be this one. In comparison, the Sephora is twice as expensive and twice as drying. I gave it an overall of 4 lippies as I still find it a bit drying and in some countries the shade selection is very limited.
Oh, the staying power is unbelievable. I rubbed my lips and wrist with micellar water until the entire area was red and the color barely budged. Perhaps an oil-based makeup remover or baby oil would be more suitable for getting rid of it.

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse

I have this in a limited edition shade called "Don't be Plum-Plum". Cheeky and perfect name for the shade. It truly is unusual in the best way. It is a sexy shade of pure sangria. It has brown and red nuances but at the end of it all it is a multi faceted plum that really brings out my coloring and provides balance and weight to face. Shame they decided not to make it permanent because this shade is divine. Not for the faint of heart and definitely a winner for dark haired, dark eyed women. You know how a bright red shows off the sparkly quality to blondes and makes them look electrifying? This adds novelty and mystery to the dark without it being too serious or flat. This color is a favorite of mine to wear
with green colored clothing. The formula is so good, since it gives the traditional smooth lipstick look to me and not the "butt hole" look. The trick is to smooth a thin layer of the product right after your lip balm. Pretend it is lipliner. Goal is to get all of your mouth smoothed on my your pinky. Then apply a second, dense coat starting at the middle of your lower lip. Let dry. Do the finger in mouth for teeth trick. Voila. I have tried the permanent shades in this line and none work for my coloring (too flat and basic). Which is such a shame but oh well...

on 12/15/2018 10:14:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

This has been my first Wet n Wild purchase. I was recently in a larger Boots store which had a small selection of Wet n Wild products. I decided to pick up a liquid lip as my introduction to the range.
Wow! Fantastic pigmented colour, MLBB shade, glided on easily and once dry does not budge! Easily on a par if not better than products 4 or 5 times the price!

on 10/30/2018 12:58:00 PM

**Goth Topic & Video Vixen**
A friend was kind enough to purchase these two shades for me over a year ago. To be honest, I'm ashamed I had her buy these for me even though they were about $2 a piece. These two shades were extremely patchy and looked horrible. I wore them a few times before finally tossing them out. When trying to apply a second coat, the applicator seemed to remove part of the previous layer. It is possible this was only because I did not let it dry first, but I was so unsatisfied with this product I must not have tried them more than three times. I had to keep touching up the colour throughout the day, which I never have to do with my Kat Von D products.

Before I dismiss this line completely, I would like to try out a few different colours. The formula of this line seems decent and not too different in consistency than that of my Kat Von D Everlasting Liquid Lipstick.

I would not recommend purchasing the darker, vampy colours and therefore have stated I would not repurchase this product.

on 10/17/2018 4:57:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Other

Love that wet n wild is always affordable. I bought the nude shade. I actually didn't notice that it was matte until I reached home. (what I get for not wearing my glasses, oy!) I've never tried a matte lipstick before, but I was willing to give it a shot. Love the color, however, I did not care for the feel. (& yes, I did apply a moisturizing balm beforehand). Maybe I'm just sensitive? I really wanted to like it because I've heard matte lipsticks are long lasting. My mother asked to try it so I gave it to her. It looks gorgeous on her & she has no issues with it so it depends on the person! Side note: I love & appreciate when makeup in general comes with a safety seal so bonus points for that. It grosses me out when makeup is not protected!

Dried matte and looked amazing... until I ate. I swear this stuff reactivated because almost all of it came off when I ate. A shame since it worked out for other people.

on 8/21/2018 12:05:00 PM

Yes. One thousand times yes. I love this so much I already decided it is what I am going to be wearing for my wedding - yup, a $5 lipstick. And I own Charlotte and Kylie and Mac.

I use “Give Me Mocha” and “Rebel Rose”. I can only speak to how these shades perform since
(sometimes) other shades can perform differently even if in the same line. I bought a red shade from this line that did not work well at all.

The shades I mentioned are easy to apply, the applicator lets me create the perfect Cupid’s bow, and it turns matte which means - long wearing! I can get away without reapplying this until noon on a work day. I drive in around 7, drink coffee, eat food, and this stuff lasts.

As it wears off it fades gracefully and I personally have never had an issue with that weird ring on the outter part of the lips (you know - as the inner part of the lipstick wears off and you’re left with a weird unintentional, thick lip liner vibe on the outside of your lips?). Gross.

I even receive compliments from the girls at
my office and they are blown away when I tell them it is Wet N’ Wild. The two shades I mentioned? 5 lippies for sure.

The only reason I could see people not liking this is if you have dry lips or don’t like that sensation of a liquid lip dry down. It does feel dry. Not moisturizing at all. I don’t personally mind it because I like the staying power, but for those of you with sensitive lips you may want to pass.

on 8/8/2018 2:48:00 PM

I have this lipstick in 925B "Give Me Mocha." This product was $5 at my local Walmart.
I LOVE THIS!! This liquid lip is so much better than I expected it to be! I don't usually buy makeup products of any sort in drugstores or grocery stores since I thought makeup was only good if you got it from places like Sephora or Ulta Beauty, but call me a believer now! This has instantly become my favorite lipstick out of my entire arsenal, and trust me, I have an arsenal! This lipstick drys, is VERY matte, and will stay in place with minimal touch ups. If I'm going out to eat, I don't even bring the lipstick along because it refuses to come off even when I eat something like pancakes with syrup or chili.
As I said, this lipstick is DEFINITELY matte. I'm very, very into that, but if you aren't, this lipstick will probably not be the one for you. This product will dry down and stay in place beautifully.
The texture is sometimes a bit patchy, especially if you have dry skin on your lips, but I find if I brush my lips with my toothbrush and moisturize well before bed, Liquid Catsuit goes on, stays on, and looks perfect!
The applicator is doe foot, which I've found is the best for "lining" my lips with the product before filling in. I love to define my cupid's bow and lip line before smearing this product on my actual lips. I haven't had an feathering or smudging with this method at all!
The packaging is definitely cute, but I love the "bullet" look in a lipstick packaging and the traditional shape being invisible looks wonderful with this.
I've got extremely sensitive skin, but lipsticks usually don't bother me as long as I don't over line my lips by even a bit. However, this lipstick has passed the skin test because I love adding a bit more volume to my thin upper lip to compensate for my thick bottom lip. I'm almost certain it's because the product is 100% vegan and cruelty-free, meaning the ingredients are all vegan and they test their product on humans rather than animals.
Believe me when I say I absolutely, without a doubt will be buying this product again. I feel like I've met my soulmate in the form of a liquid lipstick!

Give Me Mocha, yes please! I was perusing my local drugstore when my eyes were struck by a wall of new products. My local Crapmart is always empty of stock or products which have been opened and mauled. I don't typically blow large dough on lip products as I am disappointed by most offerings and reserve $ for foundations.

I was struck by the display of Wet n Wild, namely Give Me Mocha. I chucked into my basket and figured $7 Cdn was a small amount to pay for a cheap thrill.

I rocked Revlon's Toast of New York in the 90's. As age has set in, my top lip is difficult to work with and I end up with the smeared look. As well, my warm olive skin changes colours of lip products and my lips are fairly pigmented on their own.

I applied Give Me Mocha at home and it was as if the angels were singing. This colour looks stellar with my skin tone and lit up my face while blending with my genetically given lip colour. It lasted through a meal and was very comfortable to wear. The applicator is great and the formula was easy to apply and layer. No discernable scent either or burning.

I would like to try a few other shades but I would most definitely repurchase this shade as it is a wearable red with a hint of brown that doesn't look like a butthole or walk into the room before me.

on 5/28/2018 2:19:00 PM

I just love these I bought quite a few colors the formula is perfect not drying super pigmented long wearing affordable what more can I say my fav color is “Behind the bleachers” I have “berry recognize” “ nice to fushia” and “give me mocha” “rebel rose” .. get it you won’t regret it , the price is right