wet n wild MegaLast Liquid Catsuit Matte Lipstick

wet n wild MegaLast Liquid Catsuit Matte Lipstick

on 1/27/2018 6:14:00 PM

Hair: Silver, Wavy, Coarse

I love long lasting lipstick, but I hate this product. I wore this yesterday and was so disappointed I threw it in the trash.

Now it does have great pigmentation and isn't patchy going on and it feels pretty much like nothing is on your lips for the first hour or two. Great I thought! But at about the 2 hour mark it started to feel really dry and oddly stiff, like I had thin tissue paper stuck to my lips. Hard to describe. When I looked in the mirror the product was gone from the areas of my lips where they touch and the product that was left was thin and sort of cracked looking. I was out running errands so I had not had a sip or a bite of anything, the product just sort of broke down on its own. I could have touched it up but I just wanted it off.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I highly regret giving into the hype and buying these, they are just not very good tbh. I bought 2 of them(nudist peach and pink really hard) they both were the same in terms of application. Neither of the colors suited me either but i would definitely hve given another shade try if i actually thought the formula was good. I found them to be streaky, nudist peach built up to be opaque but pink really hard was streaky no matter how many coats i applied. The only problem was when you build it up like most liquid lips tend to do t would flake off and look gross. I also found that it never dried down and would get everywhere, tbh it reminded me a lot of nyx soft matte lip creams which i am not a fan of. Also the shade pink really hard appears to be a mid toned warm pink in the bottle but is actually a very bright coral shade.

on 3/21/2017 4:46:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Super disappointed in this product after seeing so much love for it. It applies patchy on me, dries out my lips like a desert, and crumbles. I have Give Me Mocha, which is a lovely color. But I won't be using this anymore or buying more. So sad!

I got the bright red one and wasn't a fan at all. Too garish on my fair but neutral skin, went on wierd and made my lips sooooooo dry, I couldn't wait to get it off. I'll try another shade but not this one.

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure

Why is this even compared to the Kat Von D lippies? Blashphemy. This was a total waste of money, crappy, crappy lipstick. The darker colours are god awful, cannot layer it without looking cakey. How was no one talked about the applicator? Save your money and go grab the Kat Von D lippies

on 3/3/2017 6:46:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

These have been positively mentioned so much on the internet and I recently tried one of their semi matte lipsticks and loved it so I bought one of these in the shade pink really hard. It's horrible. The color is nice, but the formula is everything that could be bad about a matte lipstick. It feels and looks dry and begins to crumble. Applying any kind of lip balm only makes it worse. It looks and feels awful. I wouldn't recommend it to anyone.

on 3/1/2017 10:47:00 AM

I don't know if I purchased a faulty product but mine is so dry on it's like torture! I make sure my lips are exfoliated and moist first, so what gives? Does it last? Yes, but it looks and feels horribly dry. I have the color Rebel Rose, beautiful in the tube but dull on. I wanted to love this :-(

on 12/10/2016 7:28:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral

I've always LOVED Wet n Wild's products & this time they've outdone themselves!

I bought this in Give Me Mocha & after wearing it for only 3 hours I'm just about ready to replace all my HG ColourPop liquid lipsticks!

This formula seems to be completely comfortable to wear for hours & it's not drying whatsoever. The color is also opaque, goes on evenly & doesn't streak. The wand is kind of "hook" shaped or it has a dip in the middle which allows a lot of ease of application along the edges of my lips where I often mess up.

I even tested a swatch of ColourPop vs. Wet n Wild while washing my hands with soap + warm water. ColourPop's swatch smudged all over the place whereas WnW's swatch simply faded BUT there was no bleeding or smuding! I love it!

Unfortunately, I haven't tested its lasting power while eating or drinking, so I'll update maybe after I grab more colors ;)

UPDATE March 23, 2017: Nudie Patootie is patchy & applies unevenly & very sheer with 1 application.

UPDATE January 3, 2017: As much as WnW is my ULTIMATE favorite brand, I... don't... like it. It's streaky & applies unevenly b/c most of the product will distribute towards the edges of my lips then dry there, leaving an outline!! And I think that distribution problem is due to the applicator. I'm sorry WnW, but this one doesn't work w/ me!

UPDATE January 31, 2018: I tried to get back into these using Missy & Fierce but it's formula MOVES ALL OVER THE PLACE! I found a spot of lipstick traveled to my chin! And for my sister, it was found on her forehead! We rare touch our faces so I'm not sure what happened there.

on 10/30/2018 12:58:00 PM

**Goth Topic & Video Vixen**
A friend was kind enough to purchase these two shades for me over a year ago. To be honest, I'm ashamed I had her buy these for me even though they were about $2 a piece. These two shades were extremely patchy and looked horrible. I wore them a few times before finally tossing them out. When trying to apply a second coat, the applicator seemed to remove part of the previous layer. It is possible this was only because I did not let it dry first, but I was so unsatisfied with this product I must not have tried them more than three times. I had to keep touching up the colour throughout the day, which I never have to do with my Kat Von D products.

Before I dismiss this line completely, I would like to try out a few different colours. The formula of this line seems decent and not too different in consistency than that of my Kat Von D Everlasting Liquid Lipstick.

I would not recommend purchasing the darker, vampy colours and therefore have stated I would not repurchase this product.

Dried matte and looked amazing... until I ate. I swear this stuff reactivated because almost all of it came off when I ate. A shame since it worked out for other people.